Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sussexmariner, January 16, 2015, 11:22pm
If Town do get comprehensively beaten tomorrow will the pro Hurst  brigade change their mind and say enough is enough and call for his head?

Likewise if Town put in a performance and really put on a show and win will the anti Hurst Lot  change their mind and give him more time?

Discuss
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 16, 2015, 11:34pm; Reply: 1
No need to speculate, get behind the players and Hurst, then discuss tomorrow afternoon
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, January 16, 2015, 11:36pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Sussexmariner
If Town do get comprehensively beaten tomorrow will the pro Hurst  brigade change their mind and say enough is enough and call for his head?

Likewise if Town put in a performance and really put on a show and win will the anti Hurst Lot  change their mind and give him more time?

Discuss

No and no.
Everyone's far more entrenched than that.
Posted by: DavidB, January 16, 2015, 11:40pm; Reply: 3
Who knows? There's those with firm views, and those who assess things as they progress...

Tomorrow is another game in a season with a clearly defined objective*: regardless of the result, or the performances on the day, the key question is whether that objective is still achievable. And at the moment it still is very achievable - I can't see tomorrow's result changing that assessment any more than any other game.

* promotion - whether automatic or via the play-offs. Whilst the former would be ideal, the alternative route still achieves the end result.
Posted by: aldi_01, January 17, 2015, 7:45am; Reply: 4
Too many people not realising that reaching the objective is a long hard slog and sometimes just getting a win, in any way possible is key. Too many banging on about pretty football or formation etc...

Luton, fleetwood, Mansfield etc didn't play the greatest football and weren't always great to watch but they scraped wins when needed and they actually had the support of the fans...
Posted by: DocTower, January 17, 2015, 7:58am; Reply: 5
Quoted from aldi_01

Luton, fleetwood, Mansfield etc didn't play the greatest football and weren't always great to watch but they scraped wins when needed and they actually had the support of the fans...

Don't expect to see premiership football but would like to see us play with purpose and no fear, show us what we all know they can do .  Important game for all today one way or another . I'm still not well but I'm still going to turn up against my wifes wishes . If I can put the effort in to watch my team I justvwant them too .
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 17, 2015, 8:00am; Reply: 6
Quoted from aldi_01
Too many people not realising that reaching the objective is a long hard slog and sometimes just getting a win, in any way possible is key. Too many banging on about pretty football or formation etc...

And all three were champions , something we still aint close to being.
Posted by: lukeo, January 17, 2015, 8:24am; Reply: 7
Sounds really daft but to me i want to watch my club in football stadiums not a field with a stand on one side. I'd happily sit in league 2 for the rest of my days. Some decent stadiums and teams in there
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 17, 2015, 8:54am; Reply: 8
Depends on performance if we lose in our usual lacklustre style think this board will be very active this p.m.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 17, 2015, 9:20am; Reply: 9
Quoted from lukeo
Sounds really daft but to me i want to watch my club in football stadiums not a field with a stand on one side. I'd happily sit in league 2 for the rest of my days. Some decent stadiums and teams in there

We have to get to L2 first. Then of course we should reassess and decide we want to play in L1 :-)
Posted by: Garth, January 17, 2015, 9:32am; Reply: 10
Quoted from DocTower

Don't expect to see premiership football but would like to see us play with purpose and no fear, show us what we all know they can do .  Important game for all today one way or another . I'm still not well but I'm still going to turn up against my wifes wishes . If I can put the effort in to watch my team I justvwant them too .

Some Doc you are ;)     PH is here to the seasons end whatever happens today unless things go really bad in the next two months that is
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, January 17, 2015, 10:08am; Reply: 11
Hurst Out Now
Posted by: moosey_club, January 17, 2015, 11:46am; Reply: 12
This is one game where i want a win, not particularly fussed how the manager goes about it but as long as we have a plan that gains a win i will be happy.
I am not talking about a flukey off  LJL's @rse from a defenders hashed clearance last minute kind of win following 89 minutes of severe Barnet pressure but a set system/formation method of approaching the game that if necessary nulifies Barnet first and relies upon counter attack to win. A masterminded victory planned and executed perfectly is the order of the day.
One that pleases my eye as well as the viewing BMillions would be a welcome bonus.

A win is vital for our overall position in the league, the manner of the win could still leave me doubtful regards Hursts ability to achieve the overall aim.  
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:19am