Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jock dock tower, January 16, 2015, 10:06am
Don't know if any of you have read the original book I wrote in 1986? I had 200 published privately and the money raised from their sales went to the Campaign for Justice for sacked Miners from the Miners strike.

I had often thought about doing a reprint but never got around to it. My son has now formatted it into an ebook and I'm hoping to have it on sale on Amazon in late February. The original price was £3 and that is all it will be now, and all the money raised will go to the charity I do some work for in Dumfries called First Base who provide nearly 500 food parcels a month now to the needy.

It was originally my thesis from my time in Rushin College, Oxford 1984-86 so it's only 15,000 words but it's a really interesting read if you're interested in local history. If anyone is interested in buying it and helping out First Base by doing so please let me know and I will advise as and when it becomes available on Amazon.

JDT
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 16, 2015, 10:37am; Reply: 1
I will buy it John, I would be glad to donate mate.
Posted by: Sir Alan, January 16, 2015, 10:51am; Reply: 2
Please notify me - thank you.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 21, 2015, 12:33am; Reply: 3
Post a reminder when it's out Jock. Know a few who'd be interested in downloading a copy.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 4:22pm