Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ska face, January 16, 2015, 7:46am
The bloke's been here, what, 4 years?

I'd expect a squad to have around 4 strikers a year. Plus loans to cover injuries, youth strikers coming through, 18 is no more or less than I'd expect over that time period.

But BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all the same.
Posted by: Maringer, January 16, 2015, 7:49am; Reply: 1
Yep, a witless first post.
Posted by: OneLove, January 16, 2015, 7:49am; Reply: 2
out of all of them barring hearny who had done good here?
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, January 16, 2015, 7:57am; Reply: 3
Agree with Ska face partly, 4 strikers a season plus loans and youth. Most at this level on one year contracts as is norm league 2 and conference.
In there you have to agree Hearn was a success ( Hurst can't be blamed for injuries), Cook was worth a punt was young proved it a Barrow.
Until this season I don't think we can deny Hurst and town can get the players in what is more and more in doubt is the ability to get best out of them.
On paper at start of season we had a squad that most thought would do very well admittedly the strikers were probably one player shy. I still think the root cause is the inability of town to have someone in coaching set up with a strikers background.
Posted by: ska face, January 16, 2015, 7:59am; Reply: 4
Look mate - nobody cares.

You obviously know who "done any good", and if you don't then the stats are readily available.

It's clear what you want to achieve from this thread - another dig on a point that has already been picked up countless times on here.

Stroll on Saturday because this board is doing my illegitimate head at the minute.
Posted by: Garth, January 16, 2015, 9:57am; Reply: 5
Quoted from OneLove
Aye its just another thread on a forum pal, you don't own it, so do one of the thread if you don't agree with it you divvy ska face twit

Really!   a new low
Posted by: ska face, January 16, 2015, 10:09am; Reply: 6
Truly disgusting and a sad indictment of modern society.
Posted by: BIGChris, January 16, 2015, 10:19am; Reply: 7
Good point , well made
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 16, 2015, 10:20am; Reply: 8
Quoted from OneLove
Aye its just another thread on a forum pal, you don't own it, so do one of the thread if you don't agree with it you divvy ska face twit

Not really the way we like to be communicated too ... We should all take responsibility on setting standards and I think that is not acceptable.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 16, 2015, 10:32am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Agree with Ska face partly, 4 strikers a season plus loans and youth. Most at this level on one year contracts as is norm league 2 and conference.
In there you have to agree Hearn was a success ( Hurst can't be blamed for injuries), Cook was worth a punt was young proved it a Barrow.
Until this season I don't think we can deny Hurst and town can get the players in what is more and more in doubt is the ability to get best out of them.
On paper at start of season we had a squad that most thought would do very well admittedly the strikers were probably one player shy. I still think the root cause is the inability of town to have someone in coaching set up with a strikers background.

Yes, most teams seem to keep 4 strikers though I do think our turnover is probably higher than most. This is the main area though where quality has been lacking and we have been taking some cheap options. Hearn was far and away the best we have recently fielded but after his injury Hurst (&Scott) played him out of position which didn't help

Also Hurst's experiments with a single striker have muddied the water. LJL is the favoured option but in spite of his recent spurt of goals he still doesn't look a main striker and in fairness as a target player you wouldn't expect that. Pittman isn't a bad player, worth a punt maybe in view of his injuries, but he doesn't look like a main striker either and he was only brought in as a standby in the summer. We haven't really had two regular goalscorers up front for quite a while and it shows. Neither have we played the sort of game that suits a goal scrounger like Hannah (or anyone else we might sign) because we are too slow or too unimaginative in getting them one on one with a defender/goalkeeper.
Posted by: TAGG, January 16, 2015, 10:50am; Reply: 10
Now now children 😊
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 6:05am