Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WappingMariner, January 15, 2015, 8:20pm
I've spoken to Jetlag Sports Bar (http://www.jetlagbar.com/ - near Warren St and Great Portland St tube stations) and they will be showing the Town v. Barnet match. If there are enough numbers they have said the game will be shown on the big screen downstairs. Those of you who were in there for the home match against Luton during the 2012/13 season will remember the great atmosphere we all created that night. It'd be great if it was the same on Saturday. UTM.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 15, 2015, 9:02pm; Reply: 1
Someone called Giles sent me this:

For all the london town fans- Got recommended 'The Albion' pub in Bethnal green as a good footy pub thats showing Town vs Barnet. Run by WBA fans but we'll let that slide! Trying this instead of Jetlag bar. See you there
Posted by: WappingMariner, January 15, 2015, 9:07pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from GrimRob
Someone called Giles sent me this:

For all the london town fans- Got recommended 'The Albion' pub in Bethnal green as a good footy pub thats showing Town vs Barnet. Run by WBA fans but we'll let that slide! Trying this instead of Jetlag bar. See you there

I know The Albion. Not too far from me. I've already committed to going to Jetlag with a few others though. Possibly pop in there for a swifty on my way back through.
Posted by: WappingMariner, January 15, 2015, 9:10pm; Reply: 3
Oh, and for anyone wanting a spot of brekkie before getting on the ale, me and a few others will be in Cafe Franx on Shaftesbury Ave near Tottenham Court Rd.
Posted by: Caesar, January 16, 2015, 9:32am; Reply: 4
Anyone have idea of numbers of people who might be there?  I am pretty damned skint atm so was going to watch it at home but if there is likely to be a bit of an atmosphere and good numbers would be tempted to make a trip to a bar.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 16, 2015, 9:46am; Reply: 5
I just remember getting to the jetlag bar last time, wondering why a load of Barcelona fans were sitting in our seats for the Grimsby game...only to find out the game was off. I really do recommend the jetlag if they put it on downstairs though. The screen's huge!
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 16, 2015, 9:46am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Caesar
Anyone have idea of numbers of people who might be there?  I am pretty damned skint atm so was going to watch it at home but if there is likely to be a bit of an atmosphere and good numbers would be tempted to make a trip to a bar.

Go to The Hive. I'm sure there will be a good crowd watching the game in there.  ;)

Posted by: Dan, January 16, 2015, 10:37am; Reply: 7
We used to all head to the Jetlag as it seemed to be the only pub in London with Premier Sports. Now it's on BT Sport, it's a bit easier to find somewhere that shows it, although the Jetlag has become a bit of a town bar as a result :)

With it being an incredible amount of time between getting paid and the end of the month, I may just watch it at home though.
Posted by: Caesar, January 16, 2015, 1:13pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Les Brechin

Go to The Hive. I'm sure there will be a good crowd watching the game in there.  ;)

Might save that trip for next month, might be a bigger crowd then :)

Quoted Text

We used to all head to the Jetlag as it seemed to be the only pub in London with Premier Sports. Now it's on BT Sport, it's a bit easier to find somewhere that shows it, although the Jetlag has become a bit of a town bar as a result

Yeah BT sport airing stuff is good as it ensures wider coverage, but it does mean that Towns London fans don't seem to congregate the as much, I remember going last season and their only being 3 of us there.

Think I will stay at home as it is 5 quid a pint at the jetlag.  If anyone is stuck in London and can't watch the game they are free to join me, and enjoy the comforts of San Miguel beer, an uncomfortable sofa and a small TV (well 30 inches but hardly a great screen).
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 16, 2015, 2:06pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Caesar

Might save that trip for next month, might be a bigger crowd then :)

Yeah BT sport airing stuff is good as it ensures wider coverage, but it does mean that Towns London fans don't seem to congregate the as much, I remember going last season and their only being 3 of us there.

Think I will stay at home as it is 5 quid a pint at the jetlag.  If anyone is stuck in London and can't watch the game they are free to join me, and enjoy the comforts of San Miguel beer, an uncomfortable sofa and a small TV (well 30 inches but hardly a great screen).

Caesar's Palace... sounds like there have been cutbacks
Posted by: Caesar, January 16, 2015, 2:43pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Caesar's Palace... sounds like there have been cutbacks

I placed a big bet on Grimsby to win the league!  :-/
Posted by: LH, January 16, 2015, 6:37pm; Reply: 11
£5 a pint?! You can have a full night out, a kebab and a taxi home for that up here! ;)
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 9:07am