Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 15, 2015, 8:43am
Are they soon to stand up.  ;)

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/SEARCH-EXCITING-TARGET/story-25861105-detail/story.html
Posted by: Tinymariner, January 15, 2015, 8:52am; Reply: 1
Ched Evans ;)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 15, 2015, 8:54am; Reply: 2
We've seen it all season, the club haven't delivered and I've no reason to think they will this time. Less talk, more action.
Posted by: gtfc82, January 15, 2015, 9:19am; Reply: 3
So basically another statement to say "I'm no closer to signing anyone, and I basically don't know who I want to sign anyway"!
Inspiring!!!  :-/
Posted by: psgmariner, January 15, 2015, 9:20am; Reply: 4
I am looking through the current Rotherham and York full backs who are not getting a game.
Posted by: davmariner, January 15, 2015, 9:24am; Reply: 5
Quoted from psgmariner
I am looking through the current Rotherham and York full backs who are not getting a game.

;D that tickled me.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 15, 2015, 9:48am; Reply: 6
Quoted from 75
We've seen it all season, the club haven't delivered and I've no reason to think they will this time. Less talk, more action.

Exactly.

All this "exciting" signing talk which the club spouts has let us down a few times so its now time to deliver.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, January 15, 2015, 10:38am; Reply: 7
Totally agree less talk more action.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 15, 2015, 10:51am; Reply: 8
I don't believe that we can sign the 2 or 3 players we need to get us through the play offs . Simple as that .
Posted by: WappingMariner, January 15, 2015, 10:54am; Reply: 9
Bravo Grimsby Telegraph for bigging up yet another pointless story. Could easily have flipped this to say "Hurst happy with strike force".
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 15, 2015, 11:19am; Reply: 10
To be fair if there's one position I would want to fill it's our wingers. I like Neilson but he does drift in and out of games and he clearly isn't a Hurst favourite. I actually think he's better as a playmaker I'd love to see him given a go in a more central role.

Arnold is either good or awful. When he's working hard he looks good but he can be dreadful. I've not been impressed by Jack Macraith - too lightweight doesn't do another at the business end,
Posted by: Maringer, January 15, 2015, 11:27am; Reply: 11
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I don't believe that we can sign the 2 or 3 players we need to get us through the play offs . Simple as that .

I think we certainly can sign 2 or 3 good players. Whether or not we actually will is a different matter.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 15, 2015, 11:30am; Reply: 12
Quoted from horsforthmariner
To be fair if there's one position I would want to fill it's our wingers. I like Neilson but he does drift in and out of games and he clearly isn't a Hurst favourite. I actually think he's better as a playmaker I'd love to see him given a go in a more central role.

Arnold is either good or awful. When he's working hard he looks good but he can be dreadful. I've not been impressed by Jack Macraith - too lightweight doesn't do another at the business end,

Mackreth has for me been the most disappointing signing after coming here as supposedly one of the conferences best wingers.

He tore us apart when he played us and I remember seeing him on the TV in a match and scored 2 good goals and was the best player on the pitch.

been very average for us.

Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 15, 2015, 11:34am; Reply: 13
Bottom line is on paper we have made some good signings in Mackreth, Brown and Arnold but these players have not delivered and we need to know why, it seems very strange that good players can sign for us and become mediocre over night.
Posted by: Maringer, January 15, 2015, 11:36am; Reply: 14
I remember Mackreth as being very good against us, but I do wonder how much of that was the fact he was playing against Lee Ridley at the time.

Most surprising is his relative lack of pace. I remembered him as being really quick, but he only seems quick-ish and he rarely takes on the opposition defenders down the line, his best work coming when he cuts inside (on rare occasions) and runs towards the centre of their defence.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 15, 2015, 11:42am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Maringer
I remember Mackreth as being very good against us, but I do wonder how much of that was the fact he was playing against Lee Ridley at the time.

Most surprising is his relative lack of pace. I remembered him as being really quick, but he only seems quick-ish and he rarely takes on the opposition defenders down the line, his best work coming when he cuts inside (on rare occasions) and runs towards the centre of their defence.

yep, he was rapid against us but his pace has not followed with him to us, I remember hurst saying he had an injury for most of the season which has been with him , maybe this is the problem ?

intercourse knows.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 15, 2015, 11:58am; Reply: 16
Don't know how true it is but i was told we were close to paying a fee for someone last week.

I'll believe it when i see it.

Either way, we need more goals or we are going nowhere again.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 15, 2015, 1:11pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ginnywings
Don't know how true it is but i was told we were close to paying a fee for someone last week.

Would agree with that but feel we need 3 signings to really make the difference, 2 if Ollie proves to be a goal scorer, that would be quality wide man and commanding midfield player who has pace to support and get beyond the strikers. Would probably also need Neilson moving into that role between midfield and striker.

If Aswad has left a left footed attacking full back, a la Newton, would be good but not against given Winfarrah a run and it will make or break his chance of a career with town.

Certainly IMO Magnay has to be our attacking right back as Parslow cannot undertake the overlapping role.

What PH said in GET not wide of the mark but seeing is believing!
Posted by: DocTower, January 15, 2015, 1:24pm; Reply: 18
One way or another these younger pro's  we have given contracts to should be given a chance .  Let's see what they can do in a real game , they can't  be as bad as what we have been witnessing just lately providing they are aloud to express themselves.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 15, 2015, 1:32pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from ginnywings

this would tie in with the post on last nights match thread that we were targeting messi  :)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 15, 2015, 1:46pm; Reply: 20
Just been to the barbers and I have none left on the back of my neck.  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, January 15, 2015, 1:53pm; Reply: 21
Forza my source was reliable he knows the second cousin of a friend, of the cleaner at Barca training ground who also is ready to invest 500million in town......Heard it here first!

(GET will run the story tomorrow ;))
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 15, 2015, 1:58pm; Reply: 22
[img]http://puu.sh/ey9r3/657ba6d77d.png[/img]
Posted by: ginnywings, January 15, 2015, 2:03pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

I'm reading that as a player going out?
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 15, 2015, 2:05pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Christian Jolley?
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 15, 2015, 2:12pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm reading that as a player going out?

Yeah I read it as that at first too.

Cue:  Aswad to Dagenham theories.
Posted by: biggles9999, January 15, 2015, 2:13pm; Reply: 26
Neilson out would be my guess to really put the cat amongst the pigeons
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 15, 2015, 2:22pm; Reply: 27
not entirely sure anyone would want to loan an injured player
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 15, 2015, 2:28pm; Reply: 28
Really hope Neilson stays with us.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 15, 2015, 2:31pm; Reply: 29
Connor Clifford from Southend perhaps? as a complete stab in the dark
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 15, 2015, 2:34pm; Reply: 30
I would Hazard a guess that Scott Nielson is on his way ................
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 15, 2015, 2:43pm; Reply: 31
Reading the Telegraph article Hagrid has just posted it looks to be somebody coming in and it's just phrased poorly.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 15, 2015, 3:31pm; Reply: 32
My guess is that it will be Aswad making a decision on his future at town when he comes back on Monday , which will result in him making a loan move to somewhere like dagenham
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 15, 2015, 5:13pm; Reply: 33
Azzy is not going to Daggers,  they have just signed Joe Widdowson
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 15, 2015, 7:53pm; Reply: 34
Why have town NOT used ex players/staff that are at other clubs to try and get players?? Only mention it as there would surely be former paid staff willing to help :

Wayne Burnett @ daggers
Grovesy @ Crawley
Woodsy @ Walsall
Craig Shakespeare @ Leicester

I know it's probably clutching at straws
Posted by: chaos33, January 15, 2015, 8:02pm; Reply: 35
Azzy is not going to Daggers,  they have just signed Joe Widdowson

I have never understood your sig mate. Have you just made it up?
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 16, 2015, 5:07am; Reply: 36
It was a song we used to sing way back when
Posted by: chaos33, January 16, 2015, 6:26am; Reply: 37
I think you may have misheard or misremembered the words!
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:04pm