Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Tommy, January 14, 2015, 10:48am
Pitch inspection at 12.30.

John Oster tweets he will be amazed if the game is on.
Posted by: denni266, January 14, 2015, 10:49am; Reply: 1
snow on the pitch so it seems.. when will it have to be replayed if it is on,, not sat i hope  :-/
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 14, 2015, 11:21am; Reply: 2
I may be wrong here but I'm sure there was a case like this last season or maybe the season before.  It was played on the Saturday.

The Conference say the Trophy takes precedent over the league in these situations. With the involvement of the TV cameras, be very interesting to see if they change their stance.  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 14, 2015, 11:24am; Reply: 3
Quoted from diehardmariner
I may be wrong here but I'm sure there was a case like this last season or maybe the season before.  It was played on the Saturday.

The Conference say the Trophy takes precedent over the league in these situations. With the involvement of the TV cameras, be very interesting to see if they change their stance.  

We can play Barnet on Saturday and Gateshead on Sunday (fringe and YTS) . Simples
Posted by: Abdul19, January 14, 2015, 11:28am; Reply: 4
Would it not just be rearranged for next Tuesday/Wednesday?
Posted by: Hagrid, January 14, 2015, 11:31am; Reply: 5
booooooo
Posted by: pizzzza, January 14, 2015, 11:35am; Reply: 6
Next Tuesday surely....

(d) Replays which are Postponed or Abandoned
(i) When a replayed match has been postponed, or is abandoned before the completion
of 90 minutes and neither Club being at fault, it shall be played on the same ground
on or before the following Tuesday.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 14, 2015, 11:51am; Reply: 7
With the roof unsafe already, strong winds tonight and heavy rain coming could be a while before the game can be replayed if it is off tonight. Gateshead get a lot of postponements in bad weather!
Posted by: BIGChris, January 14, 2015, 11:56am; Reply: 8
My lad who lives in Newcastle says they had a bit of snow yesterday, nothing today. It is very cold but he would be surprised if it is off
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2015, 12:00pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from BIGChris
My lad who lives in Newcastle says they had a bit of snow yesterday, nothing today. It is very cold but he would be surprised if it is off

On a normal pitch maybe. There's is notoriously bad.
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, January 14, 2015, 12:20pm; Reply: 10
If its called off, I say flick a coin!  ;)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 14, 2015, 12:35pm; Reply: 11
Doesn't this mean if its off that the lunatics who run this league and competition say this game takes priority over our next league game ?

If so just another reason why we should play the reserves/youth in it , but that wont happen while paul sees it as the champions league.
Posted by: pizzzza, January 14, 2015, 12:47pm; Reply: 12
GAME POSTPONED.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 14, 2015, 12:48pm; Reply: 13
Beyond ridiculous if postponed
Posted by: Hagrid, January 14, 2015, 12:50pm; Reply: 14
bloody rubbish! intercourse off gateshead, and get the bloody game played
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, January 14, 2015, 12:51pm; Reply: 15
An absolute joke it wasn't decided on Saturday.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2015, 12:52pm; Reply: 16
Good news, concentrate on Saturday now
Posted by: denni266, January 14, 2015, 12:58pm; Reply: 17
glad its off.. fresh legs for saturday,
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, January 14, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 18
According to the gateshead twitter
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 14, 2015, 1:00pm; Reply: 19
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/pitch-inspection-gateshead-2202541.aspx
Posted by: GrimRob, January 14, 2015, 1:01pm; Reply: 20
I think will wipe out our game on Saturday.  :(
Posted by: DocTower, January 14, 2015, 1:02pm; Reply: 21
Wednesday evening ruined   ,  messed up both clubs now with what is a meaningless fixture .
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2015, 1:02pm; Reply: 22

Quoted from GrimRob
I think will wipe out our game on Saturday.  :(

Its on Tele, so surly not
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 14, 2015, 1:04pm; Reply: 23
No excuses Saturday then  which will be on for TV reasons!
Posted by: ska face, January 14, 2015, 1:04pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from BIGChris

Nice one BigChris' lad - I'm half way up the A1 as a result of this information. Truly disgraceful and a sad indictment of modern society.

However, this is clearly divine intervention in order to keep our promotion charge on track. Fresh legs for Saturday all ready to boot Akinde into next week. Best result we could have hoped for & the best news out of BP in some time. Up Them Super Stripes.
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 14, 2015, 1:05pm; Reply: 25
And so the fixture congestion begins...
Posted by: pizzzza, January 14, 2015, 1:07pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from jimgtfc
And so the fixture congestion begins...

Heard the replay will be on Monday 19th.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 14, 2015, 1:09pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Its on Tele, so surly not

The FA Trophy trumps the league I thought.
Posted by: Richard Cranium, January 14, 2015, 1:09pm; Reply: 28
Would imagine that it will replace the Nuneaton game on January 24th
Posted by: forza ivano, January 14, 2015, 1:10pm; Reply: 29
couldn't we play it on saturday? ;)
Posted by: ska face, January 14, 2015, 1:10pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from DocTower
Wednesday evening ruined   ,  messed up both clubs now with what is a meaningless fixture .

I pity any person for whom the postponement of Gateshead v Grimsby (replay) in the FA Trophy in sub-freezing temperatures "ruins" their Wednesday evening.
Posted by: gtfc82, January 14, 2015, 1:10pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Peeler_Crab
If its called off, I say flick a coin!  ;)

I said the same thing to my dad a minute ago!
Posted by: BIGChris, January 14, 2015, 1:11pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from ska face

Nice one BigChris' lad - I'm half way up the A1 as a result of this information. Truly disgraceful and a sad indictment of modern society.

Carry on your journey and tell him to his face you pie throwing poof!
Posted by: denni266, January 14, 2015, 1:14pm; Reply: 33
Oh i say  ??)
Posted by: Richard Cranium, January 14, 2015, 1:15pm; Reply: 34
Just been told Monday 19th !!!
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 14, 2015, 1:15pm; Reply: 35
If the FA have any common sense ( ??)) then surely it'll be next Tuesday or Wednesday as we don't have a midweek game scheduled next week.
Posted by: ska face, January 14, 2015, 1:15pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from BIGChris

Carry on your journey and tell him to his face you pie throwing poof!

Homophobia and libellous accusations. Truely disgraceful and a sad indictment of modern society.

I would tell him to his face but I've left my step ladder at home.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 14, 2015, 1:16pm; Reply: 37
The rules for replays say this:

When a first match has been postponed, or is abandoned before the completion of 90 minutes and neither Club being at fault, it shall be played on the same ground on or before the following Thursday.

When a replayed match has been postponed, or is abandoned before the completion of 90 minutes and neither Club being at fault, it shall be played on the same ground as directed by The FA.
Posted by: DocTower, January 14, 2015, 1:17pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from ska face

I pity any person for whom the postponement of Gateshead v Grimsby (replay) in the FA Trophy in sub-freezing temperatures "ruins" their Wednesday evening.

Was going to listen to it on the radio , now I will have to go and do the shopping with the wife in Tesco ,  no excuse now you see .
Posted by: RoboCod, January 14, 2015, 1:18pm; Reply: 39
The two teams should settle it on Fifa Soccer. Show it on the TV in the club bar.
Posted by: Richard Cranium, January 14, 2015, 1:18pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from DocTower

Was going to listen to it on the radio , now I will have to go and do the shopping with the wife in Tesco ,  no excuse now you see .
Every little helps

Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2015, 1:19pm; Reply: 41
To be played Monday 19th Jan
Posted by: DocTower, January 14, 2015, 1:19pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Richard Cranium
Just been told Monday 19th !!!

Surely  now it has to be youth and who ever you would consider  as a fringe player to make up a squad .
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 14, 2015, 1:21pm; Reply: 43
Can't the 2 Chairmen just have a game of paper, scissors, stone to decide it.  :)
Posted by: Tommy, January 14, 2015, 1:21pm; Reply: 44
Yep, confirmed for Monday 19th.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 14, 2015, 1:21pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Tommy
Yep, confirmed for Monday 19th.

Weather permitting... ;)
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 14, 2015, 1:25pm; Reply: 46
Replay on Monday is good news since the squad will be fresher for the Barnet game. Gateshead are still tossers for refusing to settle the tie on Saturday though (and for having a shite pitch).
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 14, 2015, 1:29pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Chrisblor
Replay on Monday is good news since the squad will be fresher for the Barnet game. Gateshead are still tossers for refusing to settle the tie on Saturday though (and for having a shite pitch).

Was this actually confirmed? I know we're assuming that this was their decision but I don't recall seeing it was in fact the case?
Posted by: gaz57, January 14, 2015, 1:39pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Les Brechin
Can't the 2 Chairmen just have a game of paper, scissors, stone to decide it.  :)

Or better still get their kit on and play five a side . At least we might get to see if the rest of our board still exists.
Posted by: psgmariner, January 14, 2015, 1:40pm; Reply: 49
Good news all round.
Posted by: mike_d, January 14, 2015, 1:41pm; Reply: 50
Surely we can argue this is in fact them at fault - they know they've a poor pitch from previous years, and get the FA to award us the tie as per the rules above? ;)
Posted by: Youngy, January 14, 2015, 1:41pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Was this actually confirmed? I know we're assuming that this was their decision but I don't recall seeing it was in fact the case?

That's what Hurst said in his post match Saturday. Said we wanted to play extra time but they didn't
Posted by: GrimRob, January 14, 2015, 1:42pm; Reply: 52
If it is postponed on Monday (weather forecast is cold then) it'll probably move to Thursday. If we play a reserve side in the game then it shouldn't matter, but I bet PH has plans not to!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 14, 2015, 1:55pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Youngy

That's what Hurst said in his post match Saturday. Said we wanted to play extra time but they didn't

Thanks mate...missed that as RH didn't provide his comments on Saturday

Out of interest when was it broadcast or is it on Mariners Player?
Posted by: Abdul19, January 14, 2015, 3:11pm; Reply: 54
I'd play 'the kids' on Saturday so the first team are fresh for Monday night.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 14, 2015, 3:31pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from mike_d
Surely we can argue this is in fact them at fault - they know they've a poor pitch from previous years, and get the FA to award us the tie as per the rules above? ;)

They have had a new pitch laid after their previous problems that were caused by a concert held at the stadium I believe.

Posted by: Biccys, January 14, 2015, 3:33pm; Reply: 56
I'd allow them the game as a walkover but that's just me.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 14, 2015, 3:34pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from DocTower

Tell her you need to watch Ipswich v Southampton "Match of the Day Live" tonight ( BBC1  7.30 ) because Hurst has put a bid in for one of the Southampton players  ;D
[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/abjr7l.jpg[/IMG]
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 14, 2015, 3:41pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Abdul19

;D
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 14, 2015, 3:55pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from arryarryarry

They have had a new pitch laid after their previous problems that were caused by a concert held at the stadium I believe.

No, they blamed us for ruining it with the smoke bombs
Posted by: chaos33, January 14, 2015, 8:08pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Chrisblor

I agree
Posted by: chaos33, January 14, 2015, 8:11pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Abdul19

:) Yes good point actually. I'd not thought of that. At least there's a chance of success in the FA Trophy.  ;)
Posted by: Grimal, January 14, 2015, 8:45pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from arryarryarry

Trouble with that is, they've made it into an ice hockey stadium now instead of the outdoor swimming pool it was previously.

Posted by: moosey_club, January 14, 2015, 9:04pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from promotion plaice

Tell her you need to watch Ipswich v Southampton "Match of the Day Live" tonight ( BBC1  7.30 ) because Hurst has put a bid in for one of the Southampton players  ;D
[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/abjr7l.jpg[/IMG]

Just tell her its her job and not to to be late back as you will want your tea before 7.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 8:30am