Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Neilo83, January 14, 2015, 7:55am
In today's telegraph there's a coupon for a £20 family ticket offer for 2 adults and 2 kids in the osmand stand.. Have they finally agreed to let the town fans go in there?
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 14, 2015, 7:59am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Neilo83
In today's telegraph there's a coupon for a £20 family ticket offer for 2 adults and 2 kids in the osmand stand.. Have they finally agreed to let the town fans go in there?

No, but they are allowing Town fans in The Osmond Stand.  ;)

As you say £20 for 2 adults AND 2 kids. It says refreshments will be available but no alcohol will be served. Also the club will be giving out Town flags at the game with a voucher from the paper.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 14, 2015, 8:27am; Reply: 2
well played town for trying to get fans in the park!!!
Posted by: acko338, January 14, 2015, 8:56am; Reply: 3
They will probably outshout the Pontoon end with better acoustics.

Don't forget to scrub up for the cameras !!
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 14, 2015, 9:16am; Reply: 4
Good on the club for opening it up.  

Step in the right direction.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 14, 2015, 9:22am; Reply: 5
Nice to see the vouchers are on line. Someone thinking about the exiles at last ! Just need the ticket office on board now!
Posted by: psgmariner, January 14, 2015, 9:23am; Reply: 6
Great idea. Well done GTFC for giving this a go.
Posted by: chaos33, January 14, 2015, 9:30am; Reply: 7
Quoted from diehardmariner
Good on the club for opening it up.  

Step in the right direction.

This.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 14, 2015, 9:36am; Reply: 8
How about letting you swap your season ticket in another stand for a ticket in The Osmand?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2015, 9:36am; Reply: 9
All i need now is a wife and two kids.  ;)
Posted by: forza ivano, January 14, 2015, 9:48am; Reply: 10
Quoted from ginnywings

Thailand is usually a good place to start   ;)
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 14, 2015, 9:49am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
How about letting you swap your season ticket in another stand for a ticket in The Osmand?

How about letting you swap your season ticket to another ground >:(
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 14, 2015, 9:53am; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings

I can arrange that.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2015, 9:55am; Reply: 13
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I can arrange that.

Terms?
Posted by: Garth, January 14, 2015, 9:55am; Reply: 14
Quoted from friskneymariner

How about letting you swap your season ticket to another ground >:(

Scunts would be grateful, two seats for your one
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 14, 2015, 9:58am; Reply: 15
Quoted from ginnywings

Terms?

One year rolling contract with incentives  ??)
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 14, 2015, 10:15am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Garth

Scunts would be grateful, two seats for your one

I'm agoraphobic I don't like big empty spaces.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, January 14, 2015, 10:53am; Reply: 17
Quoted from jonnyboy82

One year rolling contract with incentives  ??)

Incentives that will reduce as time goes on...... ;)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 14, 2015, 11:03am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Fcukthescunts

Incentives that will reduce as time goes on...... ;)

Haha that's why its a one year rolling contract  ;)
Posted by: Neilo83, January 14, 2015, 11:08am; Reply: 19
So nick dale's full of excrement then?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2015, 12:03pm; Reply: 20
Great news !

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276369/binaries/GRIMSBYvbarnet.pdf

Kids go free, free flags for the pontoon, and a family ticket offer !

well done the the telegraph for getting things moving in the right direction !
Posted by: psgmariner, January 14, 2015, 12:22pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Neilo83
So nick dale's full of excrement then?

Or has changed his mind?

No need to insult him.
Posted by: ska face, January 14, 2015, 1:57pm; Reply: 22
Could someone please clarify that only fans who have purchased one of these Family Tickets will have access to the Osmond? Or will it be open for all fans?

My hand is hovering somewhere around my forehead & I'm anticipating contact.
Posted by: Maringer, January 14, 2015, 2:48pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

If you're willing to become a Mormon (or a Muslim, for that matter), you could even have two wives and a kid!

Not sure how well GTFC's special offers allow for this eventuality, however.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 14, 2015, 5:47pm; Reply: 24
I would be willing to pay an extra few quid to exchange my season ticket from the lower to the osmand. I personally think that if the club would let this happen the osmand will have a good atmosphere on Saturday.  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 14, 2015, 5:54pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from ginnywings

Terms?

Easy?

Posted by: Civvy at last, January 14, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from forza ivano

Thailand is usually a good place to start   ;)

I was chatting up a gorgeous bird in a club in Thailand. When the slowies came on we went for a dance. All I kept thinking was 'please don't get an erection, please don't get an erection'.

But she did 😳
Posted by: 137 (Guest), January 14, 2015, 6:59pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Civvy at last
I was chatting up a gorgeous bird in a club in Thailand. When the slowies came on we went for a dance. All I kept thinking was 'please don't get an erection, please don't get an erection'.

But she did 😳

;D
Best laugh I've had this year!!

(Note: there are three genders in Thailand - men, women & ladyboys - for those who've never been... )
Posted by: highcliff mariner, January 14, 2015, 7:09pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from 137

;D
Best laugh I've had this year!!

(Note: there are three genders in Thailand - men, women & ladyboys - for those who've never been... )

Really ? 😮
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 14, 2015, 7:14pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from psgmariner

Or has changed his mind?

No need to insult him.

Absolutely no need to insult anyone (whistling)
Posted by: gytone, January 14, 2015, 7:26pm; Reply: 30
I hope the families in the osmand  stand don't attack the Barnet fans  ;)
Posted by: WappingMariner, January 14, 2015, 8:11pm; Reply: 31
Having read the article in full, I don't see why the club has opted to do this. They've taken one idea and completely blurred it with something else. Does Nick Dale not realise that the sole purpose of wanting fans in the Osmond was to create a better atmosphere. Now, if I'm not mistaken, only those who buy a family ticket will be allowed into the Osmond. First of all, I can't see many families opting to move from the Main Stand or Smiths to sit in a stand where the view is obviously nowhere as good. Secondly, I don't envisage them, or expect them, to create an atmosphere similar to that which a core group of Town fans regularly do away from home.

Dale's idea that if those fans (more than likely from Lower Smiths end closest to the Osmond or the group in the top left of the Pontoon) are allowed in the Osmond it will result in disorder is dangerous. He's meant to be the stadium manager. One of the key responsibilities of his job should be customer satisfaction. What really annoys me about him is that, similar to Fenty, he likes to think his status is somewhat higher than the supporters, some of whom will have spent a lot of money watching Town over a very, very long time.

As a fellow Town supporter pointed out to me this afternoon, if the new arrangement fails (which the club probably wants it to) then the chance of it happening again will be gone because the club will argue it tried to "meet the demands of the supporters before". I would also not be surprised that when the new stadium arrives it'll be without safe-standing despite Fenty himself saying that "it is being considered".

Again, I would to share with you this article from the Evening Standard last Friday about Crystal Palace and the Holmesdale Fanatics. http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/we-dont-sing-the-managers-name-lightly-alan-pardew-has-already-earned-his-chant--crystal-palaces-holmesdale-fanatics-9967795.html

It explains how the Holmesdale Fanatics worked with the club to ensure they could be given an area in the ground, despite the reservations of stewards, police etc. It's obvious the effect it's had at Selhurst Park and many former players who are now pundits have commented on how the atmosphere has never been as boisterous as it is now.

We all saw how much noise the Lincoln fans made on December 28th. Out all of their fans, there must have been a core group of 100/200? who sang near enough all the way through the match. And they were loud. All it would take is to have a similar number of Town fans in the Osmond to create the same atmosphere. Now, Dale suggests that if certain members of Town's following who create the most noise were allowed in the Osmond there would be a heightened risk of disorder. If so, and if he is going to make such a pithy argument, then how about a cap of the number of home fans in the Osmond. I wouldn't agree with it but if it meant that the Trust could offer a compromise at least it'd demonstrate that they tried to negotiate an alternative. I'm glad we have such a progressive, forward-thinking Trust who are prepared to push for change.

I also feel the Telegraph could be doing more to support the Trust's cause. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt there's anything like a column from Terry, for example? He should be given a platform. I'd much rather read what he is saying than any of the drivel that appears in the paper.

Returning to the issue of what the Telegraph could have done here. Instead of publishing stories such as "When's Sports Personality of the Year?" and other SEO friendly rubbish, they could've easily published a poll on the website about the Osmond. If people answered, which I'm sure many would, they could've printed a back page or at least a page lead with the headline 'Town fans want to move to the Osmond', for example. It's dead simple stuff and it'd given some proper traction to the idea. But you know what? It won't happen because the paper is petrified of upsetting Fenty. They'll use the excuse, we rely on the club to provide us with stories so that we can still operate. That is absolute nonsense.

Mr Fenty and Mr Dale I'd love to hear your views on the above.

Yours,

Wapping Mariner
Posted by: Biccys, January 14, 2015, 8:21pm; Reply: 32
John has always been approachable by email, send this to him. I'm sure he'll reply. Great post BTW.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 14, 2015, 8:34pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from WappingMariner
Having read the article in full, I don't see why the club has opted to do this. They've taken one idea and completely blurred it with something else. Does Nick Dale not realise that the sole purpose of wanting fans in the Osmond was to create a better atmosphere. Now, if I'm not mistaken, only those who buy a family ticket will be allowed into the Osmond. First of all, I can't see many families opting to move from the Main Stand or Smiths to sit in a stand where the view is obviously nowhere as good. Secondly, I don't envisage them, or expect them, to create an atmosphere similar to that which a core group of Town fans regularly do away from home.

Dale's idea that if those fans (more than likely from Lower Smiths end closest to the Osmond or the group in the top left of the Pontoon) are allowed in the Osmond it will result in disorder is dangerous. He's meant to be the stadium manager. One of the key responsibilities of his job should be customer satisfaction. What really annoys me about him is that, similar to Fenty, he likes to think his status is somewhat higher than the supporters, some of whom will have spent a lot of money watching Town over a very, very long time.

As a fellow Town supporter pointed out to me this afternoon, if the new arrangement fails (which the club probably wants it to) then the chance of it happening again will be gone because the club will argue it tried to "meet the demands of the supporters before". I would also not be surprised that when the new stadium arrives it'll be without safe-standing despite Fenty himself saying that "it is being considered".

Again I would to share with you this article from the Evening Standard last Friday about Crystal Palace and the Holmesdale Fanatics. http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/we-dont-sing-the-managers-name-lightly-alan-pardew-has-already-earned-his-chant--crystal-palaces-holmesdale-fanatics-9967795.html

It explains how the Holmesdale Fanatics worked with the club to ensure they could be given an area in the ground, despite the reservations of stewards, police etc. It's obvious the effect it's had at Selhurst Park and many former players who are now pundits have commented on how the atmosphere has never been as boisterous as it is now.

We all saw how much noise the Lincoln fans made on December 28th. Out all of their fans, there must have been a core group of 100/200? who sang near enough all the way through the match. And they were loud. All it would take is to have a similar number of Town fans in the Osmond to create the same atmosphere. Now, Dale suggests that if certain members of Town's following who create the most noise were allowed in the Osmond there would be a heightened risk of disorder. If so, and if he is going to make such a pithy argument, then how about a cap of the number of home fans in the Osmond. I wouldn't agree with it but if it meant that the Trust could offer a compromise at least it'd demonstrate that they tried to negotiate an alternative. I'm glad we have such a progressive, forward-thinking Trust who are prepared to push for change.

I also feel the Telegraph could be doing more to support the Trust's cause. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt there's anything like a column from Terry, for example? He should be given a platform. I'd much rather read what he is saying than any of the other drivel that appears in the paper.

Returning to the issue of what the Telegraph could have done here. Instead of publishing stories such as "When's Sports Personality of the Year?" and other SEO friendly rubbish, they could've easily published a poll on the website about the Osmond. If people answered, which I'm sure many would, they could print a back page or at least a page lead with the headline 'Town fans want to move to the Osmond', for example. It's dead simple stuff and it'd given some proper traction to the idea. But you know what? It won't happen because the paper is petrified of upsetting Fenty. They'll use the excuse, we rely on the club to provide us with stories so that we can still operate. That is absolute nonsense.

Mr Fenty and Mr Dale I'd love to hear your views on the above.

Yours,

Wapping Mariner

Don't be silly don't you realise every Grimsby Town fan under the age of 25 only supports town to attack the away fans. Especially with the fierce rivalry we have with Barnet. Or does the club want to see how this system operates with family's before they let those thugs into the Osmond. (Contains sarcasm)

The annoying thing is the vocal fans at the away games are all spread out around the ground and many of them are season ticket holders. Could the club not allow all season ticket holders to exchange a season ticket for a ticket in the Osmond even if it meant us paying a small fee to exchange them. 100 or so vocal fans in the Osmond would make a right racket if given the opportunity to do so but sadly I cant see it happening.
Posted by: WappingMariner, January 14, 2015, 8:38pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from 1739

Don't be silly don't you realise every Grimsby Town fan under the age of 25 only supports town to attack the away fans. Especially with the fierce rivalry we have with Barnet. Or does the club want to see how this system operates with family's before they let those thugs into the Osmond. (Contains sarcasm) Sarcasm not lost here my friend.

The annoying thing is the vocal fans at the away games are all spread out around the ground and many of them are season ticket holders. Could the club not allow all season ticket holders to exchange a season ticket for a ticket in the Osmond even if it meant us paying a small fee to exchange them. 100 or so vocal fans in the Osmond would make a right racket if given the opportunity to do so but sadly I cant see it happening.

Exactly.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 14, 2015, 8:44pm; Reply: 35
As we also spoke about earlier WM, and it says above, when standing (and free to move and not all ticketed) at away games the atmosphere is a throwback to what the atmosphere used to be like. What you did forget to ad was the fact palace worked WITH the fans for the playoffs (and away games) to seat the holmesdale fanatics together.

I remember going to selhurst park in the late 90's-mid00's and although loud, it is nothing like it is now. Is john still reading on here?? If so, take heed of what the fans are saying, listen to the fans and they will listen to you
Posted by: WappingMariner, January 14, 2015, 8:50pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
As we also spoke about earlier WM, and it says above, when standing (and free to move and not all ticketed) at away games the atmosphere is a throwback to what the atmosphere used to be like. What you did forget to ad was the fact palace worked WITH the fans for the playoffs (and away games) to seat the holmesdale fanatics together.

I remember going to selhurst park in the late 90's-mid00's and although loud, it is nothing like it is now. Is john still reading on here?? If so, take heed of what the fans are saying, listen to the fans and they will listen to you

Ta Woz. I did include the bit re. playoffs in my post on Friday about Selhurst Park but for some reason didn't use the reference tonight. Cheers for adding it in for me.
Posted by: immariner, January 14, 2015, 8:56pm; Reply: 37
Has it been confirmed that only those who buy the family ticket may sit in the Osmond Stand? If this is the case and you want to sit in there and make some noise, you buy the family ticket and sit with a mate. Granted, this restricts the capacity of the Osmond to half if everybody were to do it but at least then there'll be an atmosphere generated in there.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2015, 9:13pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from immariner
Has it been confirmed that only those who buy the family ticket may sit in the Osmond Stand? If this is the case and you want to sit in there and make some noise, you buy the family ticket and sit with a mate. Granted, this restricts the capacity of the Osmond to half if everybody were to do it but at least then there'll be an atmosphere generated in there.

You obviously aint seen my mate in a dress.

Posted by: immariner, January 14, 2015, 9:34pm; Reply: 39
Haha So you're implying the club would discriminate against same sex couples whose two children happened not to fancy going to the game that day? For shame! ;)

It would be hilarious though to see a load of blokes dressed up as women trying to evade the suspicions of the stewards!
Posted by: lukeo, January 15, 2015, 11:09pm; Reply: 40
ffs Dale use your brain please, we've asked you to open the osmond for us to create an atmosphere. PLEASE IT'S NOT HARD. Create a page on the website and telegraph and give home fans the option to go into the osmond to 'create a party atmosphere' and make some sort of article explaining that you're trialing moving the drum into the osmond and would like as many 'vocal but responsible' Grimsby fans to go in there to help create an atmopshere. (tickets should be allowed to be exchanged).
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 16, 2015, 12:46am; Reply: 41
Quoted from lukeo
ffs Dale use your brain please, we've asked you to open the osmond for us to create an atmosphere. PLEASE IT'S NOT HARD. Create a page on the website and telegraph and give home fans the option to go into the osmond to 'create a party atmosphere' and make some sort of article explaining that you're trialing moving the drum into the osmond and would like as many 'vocal but responsible' Grimsby fans to go in there to help create an atmopshere. (tickets should be allowed to be exchanged).

He may listen to you if you were good enough to use his forename and not just his surname in that manner.

And I would think it was a decision made by several of the senior staff not just the Stadium Manager.
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, January 16, 2015, 1:23am; Reply: 42
8)Nice to read positive posts - its been getting a bit -ve on here recently! Well done Town - get the park rocking again! UTM
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 17, 2015, 4:11pm; Reply: 43
Osmond didn't take off mainly due to the offer being open for family's and not being adervertised well.
It's a shame that the noisy lot in the pontoon stay in that corner. Anywhere else in the ground (other than the lower and the right side of the osmond) and it would sound twice as loud.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, January 17, 2015, 5:58pm; Reply: 44
It was good to see some fans in there, but there weren't many.  Trust Town to take a decent, simply-implemented idea and snaffle it up in regulations, conditions and exclusions.  Two adults, plus two children, get a coupon from the paper, bring it to the ticket office, sign a form, pay an admin fee, available to those with an R in their name, on production of a birth certificate only etc.

If you're a business putting on an offer, you need to keep the "activation" simple, and shorten the time from decision to activation (i.e. "Ooh, I fancy going in the Osmond with the kids for £20" turns into "Your purchase has been processed; enjoy the game" as quickly as possible).  The club, by setting too many conditions around the offer, necessitating the input of two decision makers, lengthened that decision time and failed to make it easy and simple.

Were single parents able to get a discount?  What about single people, or a childless couple, or four pensioner friends?  Aside from the "Activation" being badly executed, the "Branding" side of this says "Only certain profiles of customers are wanted here." and "If we're going to give something away, we're going to make it damn difficult and begrudge every penny of it."
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 10:04am