Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: maxfox44, January 13, 2015, 10:28am
It's all very depressing at the moment.

We seem to be divided on the manager's ability and future
We are divided on the major shareholder (former chairman).
We are in limbo with stadium, whilst being jealous of Scunthorpe's second effort.
We are just about hanging on in the play off positions.
We have just been doubled by our neighbours.
We are not signing anyone who can turn the team around.
We are divided on whether "The Shop" is good for the team
We have no plan B
We are a second-rate non-league club.
Posted by: pizzzza, January 13, 2015, 10:30am; Reply: 1
Thanks, I was having a good day until I read this.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 13, 2015, 10:32am; Reply: 2
Thanks, I was having a bad day until I read this. Now its critical    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Maringer, January 13, 2015, 10:48am; Reply: 3
I'm not jealous of Scunny's proposed new stadium. It's in Scunthorpe.  :)

If we're divided about the worth of a striker who is 4th in the scoring charts when we're in 4th position in the Conference, I think that says more about some people than others!  ;)

We do have a Plan B (and C and D) as the various different types of formation we have used shows. Unfortunately, none of them seem to be working at the moment!   :-/

We're definitely a first-rate non-league club as our position over the past few seasons has shown. Unfortunately, we want to be a first-rate Football League club!  :o
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 13, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 4
I'd settle for being a second rate league club thanks .
Unfortunately with our current manager there's no chance of that happening
Posted by: Maringer, January 13, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I'd settle for being a second rate league club thanks .
Unfortunately with our current manager there's no chance of that happening

Ooh, I do like a good bit of hyperbole!

No chance of it happening with the current manager, when we're sitting in the play-off positions at present and have reached the play-offs last two seasons? Really?

I don't disagree that we'll need a big improvement in the quality of our performances to have a chance of this becoming a reality this season, but there's lots of football to play yet. Think we'll need one or two decent signings to give us a chance.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 13, 2015, 12:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Maringer

Ooh, I do like a good bit of hyperbole!

No chance of it happening with the current manager, when we're sitting in the play-off positions at present and have reached the play-offs last two seasons? Really?

I don't disagree that we'll need a big improvement in the quality of our performances to have a chance of this becoming a reality this season, but there's lots of football to play yet. Think we'll need one or two decent signings to give us a chance.

The odds lean towards him not being able to take us up if you want to look at his past attempts here.

would you agree that if he does not get us promoted this season we need a new direction ?

regarding signings I would think now has to be the time if he will bring anyone in but I just cant see him bringing a signing into the club that shows intent.
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 13, 2015, 12:57pm; Reply: 7
FFS
Posted by: barralad, January 13, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from maxfox44
It's all very depressing at the moment.

We seem to be divided on the manager's ability and future
We are divided on the major shareholder (former chairman).
We are in limbo with stadium, whilst being jealous of Scunthorpe's second effort.
We are just about hanging on in the play off positions.
We have just been doubled by our neighbours.
We are not signing anyone who can turn the team around.
We are divided on whether "The Shop" is good for the team
We have no plan B
We are a second-rate non-league club.

Will someone get the Samaritans? Where's FFS when you really need them?

Edit:- Thanks Jim....
Posted by: Maringer, January 13, 2015, 2:05pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82

would you agree that if he does not get us promoted this season we need a new direction ?

regarding signings I would think now has to be the time if he will bring anyone in but I just cant see him bringing a signing into the club that shows intent.

I've said in the past that I reckon he'll be on his way in the summer if we fail to get promoted. Unless, perhaps, we got to the play-off final and were cheated by an appalling refereeing performance or lost to some sort of bizarrely unfair goal.

Now is certainly the time for new signings to be made as players who aren't in favour at other clubs are likely to be loaned out/released/paid up. Whether or not we can find someone suitable to improve the squad is a different matter. I think we need a couple of attacking players and whether or not Palmer will prove to be one of these remains to be seen.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 1:54pm