Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 10, 2015, 6:39pm
Simple question. Not can but will.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 10, 2015, 6:48pm; Reply: 1
the poll suggests its a close one  ;D
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 10, 2015, 6:50pm; Reply: 2
I don't think we will go up with Paul in charge, I think we will bottle it again.
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, January 10, 2015, 6:51pm; Reply: 3
Is this promotion this year or before I get to state pension Age
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 10, 2015, 6:59pm; Reply: 4
It's very much 50 - 50 for me  ;)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 10, 2015, 7:18pm; Reply: 5
Just can't see tbh
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 10, 2015, 7:19pm; Reply: 6
I have given up,

I shall return when Hurst has gone.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 10, 2015, 7:21pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Just can't see tbh

Just listen on the radio then  ;D

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 10, 2015, 7:36pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have given up,

I feel (fear??? )  this is going to be the voice of many
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 10, 2015, 7:42pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have given up,

I'll never give up Pete. Just not going to happen until there's significant change. The culture of the whole club is infused by negativity and I don't see anyone there who has the passion to change it.
Posted by: davmariner, January 10, 2015, 7:42pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I feel (fear??? )  this is going to be the voice of many

It's the same for me, there's just no fun in it anymore. My feelings very much mirror those of ginnywings.

For me the thought of GTFC is beginning to bear similar resemblance to the thought of ex girlfriends.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 10, 2015, 8:19pm; Reply: 11
I am adamant we wont, but it's been a weird season already getting doubled by Lincoln, would even be stranger to get promoted now and rub it right in those 'Gimps' faces if we did, they would be thinking "how the hell did this happen, it's just not fair." lol

We might scrape into the playoffs by one point, then play the best football we have for years in the playoffs.  You just never know lol.
Posted by: ackomariner, January 10, 2015, 8:56pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I am adamant we wont, but it's been a weird season already getting doubled by Lincoln, would even be stranger to get promoted now and rub it right in those 'Gimps' faces if we did, they would be thinking "how the hell did this happen, it's just not fair." lol

We might scrape into the playoffs by one point, then play the best football we have for years in the playoffs.  You just never know lol.

Won't even make the playoffs IMO
Posted by: GrimRob, January 10, 2015, 9:13pm; Reply: 13
It's a loaded question because apart from Barnet everyone in the division is more likely not to get promoted than they are to get promoted according to the bookies . So if you are hedging your bets the answer is no, but it would be for everyone else too! But we are third favourites, which is an improvement on the start of the season when we were fourth favourites. I'd have taken the league table now if you had offered it in July without a moment's hesitation.
Posted by: chaos33, January 10, 2015, 9:27pm; Reply: 14
Yeah, being 15 points off the top and auto promotion Rob. Who wouldn't have snatched the hand off at that prospect!(no)
Posted by: GrimRob, January 10, 2015, 9:34pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from chaos33
Yeah, being 15 points off the top and auto promotion Rob. Who wouldn't have snatched the hand off at that prospect!(no)

Someone who didn't understand what being fourth favourites at the start of the season means.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 10, 2015, 9:43pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from GrimRob

Someone who didn't understand what being fourth favourites at the start of the season means.

Whilst you're into your stats, do you believe that 8 wins in 18 games ( league and cup) at home is promotion form?
Posted by: chaos33, January 10, 2015, 9:44pm; Reply: 17
I don't care about that. To me it was almost arbitrary. We should have been hoping, aiming and planning for top spot in the conference. Anything else is a lottery and not worthy of us IMO. There is no bigger or better club than us in this league and we have the resources and the support to win the league. We just don't have the team or manager it seems. Still, if you're happy with fourth Rob, who am I to question that.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 10, 2015, 9:49pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from GrimRob
It's a loaded question because apart from Barnet everyone in the division is more likely not to get promoted than they are to get promoted according to the bookies . So if you are hedging your bets the answer is no, but it would be for everyone else too! But we are third favourites, which is an improvement on the start of the season when we were fourth favourites. I'd have taken the league table now if you had offered it in July without a moment's hesitation.

Anything can appear to be proved by statistics.  I suspect most people would be influenced by the direction from which we had reached 4th place, on the way up or dropping down, and how the team was performing.

Posted by: GrimRob, January 10, 2015, 9:55pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Whilst you're into your stats, do you believe that 8 wins in 18 games ( league and cup) at home is promotion form?

It's certainly a concern and if there's something we could change to try and improve the home form without affecting the away form it's worth considering.  If you look at my 3 year table thread we are the best away side by miles over the last 3 years but only come second at home.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 10, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 20

Anything can appear to be proved by statistics.  I suspect most people would be influenced by the direction from which we had reached 4th place, on the way up or dropping down, and how the team was performing.

Yeah the problem is everyone looks at such short time horizons and draws massive conclusions. We were top of the form table a few weeks ago, now we've had a few bad results. You will always get short winning sequences and short losing sequences in any game of chance like football. But the bookies have us as third favourites, they have modelled the rest of the season objectively which fans don't do.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 10, 2015, 9:58pm; Reply: 21
Easy question Rob
Do you have a bet on Town to go up ??
Posted by: GrimRob, January 10, 2015, 10:06pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Civvy at last
Easy question Rob
Do you have a bet on Town to go up ??

Nope, didn't fancy the odds at the start of the season and I don't fancy the odds now. I bet on Woking to go up at the start of the season, and Luton in League 2 to win the league.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 10, 2015, 10:16pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from GrimRob

Apart from getting in a proven manager and a centre forward who always would score a lot of goals in a top team, what have barnet done to deserve their runaway favourite tag?
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 11, 2015, 12:52pm; Reply: 24
Our away form and the odd win at home should just about see us finish in the play offs but unless performances drastically improve someone will brush us aside in the semis like Newport did
Posted by: grimps, January 11, 2015, 1:12pm; Reply: 25
No chance with Hurst in charge , sack him now and we might just have a slim chance  :-/
Posted by: Hagrid, January 11, 2015, 1:18pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from grimps
No chance with Hurst in charge , sack him now and we might just have a slim chance  :-/

theres no way ANY chairman at ANY club would sack their manager at the point we are now. I know its really hard for some of you to comprehend because of the football we are playing ( yes i'll readily admit we are boring as intercourse) but for 3-4 months, cant we all, try and raise the positivity levels somewhat, starting with saturday against barnet
Posted by: grimps, January 11, 2015, 1:22pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Hagrid

theres no way ANY chairman at ANY club would sack their manager at the point we are now. I know its really hard for some of you to comprehend because of the football we are playing ( yes i'll readily admit we are boring as intercourse) but for 3-4 months, cant we all, try and raise the positivity levels somewhat, starting with saturday against barnet

If the Chairman had seen a manager continue to fail every January for the last 3 seasons playing the most mind numbing boring football ever then yes I would.
I'm amazed Fenty never told Hurst in the summer that if the standard of football and enterainment didnt improve he'd be gone
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 11, 2015, 1:40pm; Reply: 28
Felt pretty optimistic at the start of the season - sadly don't have that confidence any more so had to vote no :(
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 11, 2015, 1:53pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Hagrid

but for 3-4 months, cant we all, try and raise the positivity levels somewhat, starting with saturday against barnet

Will there be anybody there?
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 11, 2015, 1:56pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Hagrid

Shouldn't you be making this comment to Paul Hurst and the players?
Posted by: lukeo, January 11, 2015, 1:58pm; Reply: 31
Can.. Yes.
Will.. Truthfully no :(

So i voted no to the question asked.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 11, 2015, 2:07pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Will there be anybody there?

if you care about the club then yeah you'd hope so!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 11, 2015, 2:11pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Hagrid

if you care about the club then yeah you'd hope so!

Recent form, early kick-off and telly being the reasons why people will stay away.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 10:19pm