Posted by: davmariner, January 10, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 1
No
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, January 10, 2015, 6:14pm; Reply: 2
Yes and demonstrating against Hurst

Banner being made as we speak
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 10, 2015, 6:20pm; Reply: 3
Should've been arranged to be finished today
Posted by: mike_d, January 10, 2015, 6:27pm; Reply: 4
That'll be good. At least you won't be on here immediately after the match with your usual bile.
Posted by: mike_d, January 10, 2015, 6:28pm; Reply: 5
Don't both teams need to agree to that? Given that we agreed it in the last round, I bet Gateshead decided it'd be tactically astute to make us do another game before playing Barnet..
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 10, 2015, 6:34pm; Reply: 6
Would be typical of Grimsby to go and win.
Posted by: Tinymariner, January 10, 2015, 6:58pm; Reply: 7
Not a chance
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 10, 2015, 7:20pm; Reply: 8
I'm really starting to dislike Gateshead in a big way
Posted by: jungleland, January 10, 2015, 7:22pm; Reply: 9
Not in a million years
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 10, 2015, 8:08pm; Reply: 10
So, will Gateshead put the few town fans (apparently) under cover in the stand opposite the main stand or will they be herded in to an open end behind one of the goals (as per last years play offs).

Weather forecast please?
Posted by: Abdul19, January 10, 2015, 8:19pm; Reply: 11
It was under cover in the league so I'd assume the same again. Maybe they'll just stick everyone in 1 stand.
Posted by: Garth, January 10, 2015, 8:20pm; Reply: 12
I think we will win by a single goal by Ollie that's the way we do it,  and our away form is superior to our performances at home
Posted by: Richard Cranium, January 10, 2015, 8:26pm; Reply: 13
Shall I go ?
Posted by: BIGChris, January 10, 2015, 8:45pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Richard Cranium
Shall I go ?

Yes
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 10, 2015, 8:50pm; Reply: 15
Anyone who goes has my upmost respect. I had no interest in today's game nor will have. I question the sanity of those who travel,  but totally respect your loyalty.
Posted by: barrattstandman, January 11, 2015, 12:05pm; Reply: 16
For everyone's information ( I like most people thought that it was Gateshead who would not agree to end the game on the day ) every match in the Trophy yesterday were scheduled to go to a replay. Whether this was due to the teams or an F.A. directive I don't know.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, January 11, 2015, 12:14pm; Reply: 17
I'm sure I read that hurst said the heed didn't want it decided on the day ( wouldn't have had a choice if we'd won )
Never went yesterday (1 St time for as long as I can remember not been at BP by choice) and got no desire to go to replay.
Hurst ? My opinion is roll the dice cos even if , by some chance we go up, ( here's hopeing )I have no confidence in him making a go of the division above .
UTM
Posted by: Hagrid, January 11, 2015, 1:18pm; Reply: 18
yeah im off, me and dear dad michael will be making the trip up!
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 11, 2015, 1:19pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from barrattstandman
For everyone's information ( I like most people thought that it was Gateshead who would not agree to end the game on the day ) every match in the Trophy yesterday were scheduled to go to a replay. Whether this was due to the teams or an F.A. directive I don't know.

Hurst said in his post match interview we wanted it to be settled but Gateshead didn't.
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, January 11, 2015, 1:22pm; Reply: 20
To what I can gather the club asked a few times to finish it on the day ( including Sat before kickoff ) but Gateshead refused thinking they would have a better chance of winning a replay at their place than extra time at BP.
Posted by: Garth, January 11, 2015, 8:08pm; Reply: 21
To what I can gather the club asked a few times to finish it on the day ( including Sat before kickoff ) but Gateshead refused thinking they would have a better chance of winning a replay at their place than extra time at BP.

I hope it backfires for them
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 11, 2015, 8:14pm; Reply: 22
Is the attendance split 50/50 money wise? And even if it is 300 on a windy January night won't cover the coach up there will it ? Disgrace imo it should have been settled saturday
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 12, 2015, 2:01pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Is the attendance split 50/50 money wise? And even if it is 300 on a windy January night won't cover the coach up there will it ? Disgrace imo it should have been settled saturday

Given the forecast I think this is one occasion when our bus definitely ought to have some problems getting to the game, we turn back home instead and propose that we forfeit the tie (leaving Gateshead to play with by themselves)

North East England Forecast Summary

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday

Apart for a period of mild, yet very wet conditions Wednesday night, it will be cold with wintry showers. Also windy, often very windy, especially Wednesday night and through Thursday.

Posted by: Richard Cranium, January 12, 2015, 9:01pm; Reply: 24
Me and the battlebus entourage will make it.
We travel to ALL away games (including friendlies0 so this is no exception
Posted by: barralad, January 12, 2015, 11:08pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Richard Cranium
Shall I go ?

You know you will!! :)
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:36pm