Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 10, 2015, 5:24pm
He hasn't done one yet but I thought it might be fun to predict what he's going to say.

Any offers?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 10, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 1
He hasn't done one yet but I thought it might be fun to predict what he's going to say.

Any offers?

Excuse 1. Conditions were difficult. Excuse 2, Gateshead are a good side. Excuse 3, I've got no Plan B. Excuse 4, the fans don't like me (no excrement Sherlock!).
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 10, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 2
thought we played well.

fans fault.
Posted by: Jaws, January 10, 2015, 5:28pm; Reply: 3
Kept a clean sheet which is more than what we did when we beat them 6-1 - fan's should take greater pleasure from today.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 10, 2015, 5:31pm; Reply: 4
Too much wind.

Will stop the players eating cabbage.
Posted by: chaos33, January 10, 2015, 5:34pm; Reply: 5
Wonder if he'll be asked any questions on Thomas or the players on the loan list.
Posted by: nightrider, January 10, 2015, 5:37pm; Reply: 6
Blundell Park isn't an easy place to come so the fans should be quite happy with the draw.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 10, 2015, 5:51pm; Reply: 7
us played well at times, thought they (gateshead) were decent, didnt do enough with the ball, players put in a shift, us still in it, I put out the team/formation I thought was give us best chance of winning, us went out wanting to win the game.
Posted by: BIGChris, January 10, 2015, 5:51pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from chaos33
Wonder if he'll be asked any questions on Thomas or the players on the loan list.

?? Who has been made available for loan other than Hamish
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 10, 2015, 5:56pm; Reply: 9
Problem with the interview so they can't air it apparently
Posted by: Neilo83, January 10, 2015, 5:57pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Hopefully he's left the building
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 10, 2015, 6:01pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/11lsxzt.jpg[/IMG]
Posted by: Abdul19, January 10, 2015, 6:17pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Too sweary?
Posted by: Quagmire, January 10, 2015, 6:19pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Microphone fell asleep listening to Hurst
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 10, 2015, 6:23pm; Reply: 14
What is there for him to say about a drab 0-0 that should have been settled on the day but now has to go to a replay a few days before a really important league game
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 10, 2015, 6:27pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I don't know why, we're giving him the script!

Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, January 10, 2015, 6:40pm; Reply: 16
Apparently it's kicked off.....
Posted by: Pontoon84, January 10, 2015, 6:43pm; Reply: 17
The nets closing In on hurst 👍👍
Posted by: Pontoon84, January 10, 2015, 6:48pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen

What has...??
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, January 10, 2015, 6:50pm; Reply: 19
Dressing room bust up im Led to believe
Posted by: ska face, January 10, 2015, 6:51pm; Reply: 20
Up on MP now.

Interviewer: Thoughts?

Hurst: Thought we played pretty well. Were trying a new formation & it worked, Gateshead are a very good team that like to control the game, we managed to disrupt that, there won't be many teams that have as much of the ball as we did, happy with clean sheet, important to not get beat after 2 defeats. Overall - satisfied.

I: always gonna be tight, did town edge it?

H: We had better of first half, Palmer thinks he should have had a pen, I couldn't see from up in stand. 2nd half dificult to get out because of the wind but Macca had nothing to do, they had one spell where we'd lost our shape slightly, but we were pushing towards the end.

I: why couldn't the clubs agree to end on the day?

H: I wanted that but Gateshead said they wanted a replay.

I: Expecting another tight game up there?

H: yeah, had a fantastic result up there earlier...couldn't get the goal today, looked dangerous from set plays. We go again.

I: Hard to motivate yourselves in front of a small, quiet crowd? BP not normally this quiet.

H: Certainly felt different, motivation is clear from my comments going into the game and with Gary Mills it's good to see another manager who sees the value in the competition. Realistic chance to win a trophy.

I: Making changes on Weds?

H: Bit early too say, big game on Sat so that may sway 1/2 changes, but will still be strong lineup.

I: Ross Hannah left out of squad, why?

H: Been a few lads left out of the squad, Hannah no different.

I: Any injuries?

H: Don't think so, nothing reported.

I: thoughts on Ollie?

H: Did well, started well, big man but wants ball down the side/in behind. Still adamant he should've had a pen...could be satisfied with debut. Got a better touch than you'd think for his size & is mobile, goal record v. good, brings competition to front line. Could play with LJL & JPP, Ollie happy to do running.

I: thoughts on Toto?

H: Grew into it, 2nd half was really strong, switched on & focussed which is something we've been trying to work on.

Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 10, 2015, 6:51pm; Reply: 21

If it was any other poster I would probably believe them but because you are the most anti hurst person on this forum then I don't.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 10, 2015, 6:51pm; Reply: 22

We still won't score. ;D

Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 10, 2015, 6:53pm; Reply: 23

We still won't score. ;D

Lol.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 10, 2015, 7:01pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ska face
Up on MP now.

Interviewer: Thoughts?

Hurst: Thought we played pretty well. Were trying a new formation & it worked, Gateshead are a very good team that like to control the game, we managed to disrupt that, there won't be many teams that have as much of the ball as we did, happy with clean sheet, important to not get beat after 2 defeats. Overall - satisfied.

I: always gonna be tight, did town edge it?

H: We had better of first half, Palmer thinks he should have had a pen, I couldn't see from up in stand. 2nd half dificult to get out because of the wind but Macca had nothing to do, they had one spell where we'd lost our shape slightly, but we were pushing towards the end.

I: why couldn't the clubs agree to end on the day?

H: I wanted that but Gateshead said they wanted a replay.

I: Expecting another tight game up there?

H: yeah, had a fantastic result up there earlier...couldn't get the goal today, looked dangerous from set plays. We go again.

I: Hard to motivate yourselves in front of a small, quiet crowd? BP not normally this quiet.

H: Certainly felt different, motivation is clear from my comments going into the game and with Gary Mills it's good to see another manager who sees the value in the competition. Realistic chance to win a trophy.

I: Making changes on Weds?

H: Bit early too say, big game on Sat so that may sway 1/2 changes, but will still be strong lineup.

I: Ross Hannah left out of squad, why?

H: Been a few lads left out of the squad, Hannah no different.

I: Any injuries?

H: Don't think so, nothing reported.

I: thoughts on Ollie?

H: Did well, started well, big man but wants ball down the side/in behind. Still adamant he should've had a pen...could be satisfied with debut. Got a better touch than you'd think for his size & is mobile, goal record v. good, brings competition to front line. Could play with LJL & JPP, Ollie happy to do running.

I: thoughts on Toto?

H: Grew into it, 2nd half was really strong, switched on & focussed which is something we've been trying to work on.

You have real talent as a scriptwriter. Wasted on the Fishy. ;)

Posted by: Pontoon84, January 10, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 25
For a club in 4th it's all a shambles really from top to bottom
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 10, 2015, 7:07pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Pontoon84
For a club in 4th it's all a shambles really from top to bottom

Couldn't agree more.
Posted by: davmariner, January 10, 2015, 7:22pm; Reply: 27

I don't particularly like Hurst either, but you really are doing my t1ts in.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 10, 2015, 7:32pm; Reply: 28

Much as I want change, you don't need to come up with scurrilous, unsubstantiated crap.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 10, 2015, 10:01pm; Reply: 29
Just out of interest, Norwich City's new 33 year old manager gave a press interview yesterday about his attitudes and what he expected from the team.

[url]http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/alex_neil_lays_it_on_the_line_to_norwich_city_s_squad_1_3911953#cxrecs_s[/url]

Interesting that they won 2-1 at Bournemouth today in spite of playing half the game with 10 men.

I suppose only time will tell how successful he is but to my mind this is the positive approach I like to see in a manager and his team.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 10, 2015, 11:40pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Jaws
Kept a clean sheet which is more than what we did when we beat them 6-1 - fan's should take greater pleasure from today.

PMSL
Posted by: Badger57, January 10, 2015, 11:46pm; Reply: 31
Just out of interest, Norwich City's new 33 year old manager gave a press interview yesterday about his attitudes and what he expected from the team.

[url]http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/alex_neil_lays_it_on_the_line_to_norwich_city_s_squad_1_3911953#cxrecs_s[/url]

Interesting that they won 2-1 at Bournemouth today in spite of playing half the game with 10 men.

I suppose only time will tell how successful he is but to my mind this is the positive approach I like to see in a manager and his team.

Don't we all? ........ Oh no, we don't do we???  :o
But seriously what is wrong in having the ethos, "We're going to score one more than you?"  8)
Some people have forgotten that football is supposed to be an entertainment industry.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 7:22pm