Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, January 10, 2015, 4:59am
Anyone actually going today or are we all so negative we have decided to boycott and go shopping?

I hope there is the usual Humberside commentary, I can not remember if they bother with the FA trophy during the early stages.
Posted by: DocTower, January 10, 2015, 7:21am; Reply: 1
Still got this dam flu type virus , cough and chest still bad sfter 4 weeks .  So no , not going to this one . Your right , very little interest , cant see more thsn 700 if that .
Posted by: Maringer, January 10, 2015, 9:12am; Reply: 2
I wasn't planning to go (still not entirely recovered from a similar illness to DocTower though very much on the mend now), but I've succumbed to the temptation in any case! Heading there with my Dad and young nephew and I fully expect to see a crummy game due to the lousy weather conditions.
Posted by: oldun, January 10, 2015, 9:13am; Reply: 3
If the weather dies down a bit I will be going.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 10, 2015, 9:17am; Reply: 4
Ive got horrible toothache but bought me ticket so gonna go
Posted by: BIGChris, January 10, 2015, 9:19am; Reply: 5
Weather is shite but i am going and in answer to MDT'S  question. Yes humberside are doing
commentary
Posted by: KK_DOG, January 10, 2015, 9:25am; Reply: 6
Yeah I will be there
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 10, 2015, 9:27am; Reply: 7
I've got Hurstalitis , i think its going around.

so not off.
Posted by: Doubled, January 10, 2015, 10:30am; Reply: 8
I am going, I don't have man flu, a cough or a cold or a twisted sock.
Through thick and thin, UTM
Posted by: Garth, January 10, 2015, 10:35am; Reply: 9
I`m off why not? its a match with most of the favourites playing, windy, should play the ball on the floor and will win with the new boy starring
Posted by: gaz57, January 10, 2015, 10:54am; Reply: 10
The wind tends to spoil the game but often creates some interesting and funny moments. Does anyone remember the game when the goalkeeper kicked the ball out and it came back and we scored. I can remember the game just not the team we played.  
Posted by: forza ivano, January 10, 2015, 10:55am; Reply: 11
Is there a game on today then? ;)
Posted by: LH, January 10, 2015, 10:59am; Reply: 12
Quoted from gaz57
The wind tends to spoil the game but often creates some interesting and funny moments. Does anyone remember the game when the goalkeeper kicked the ball out and it came back and we scored. I can remember the game just not the team we played.  

Donny in the JPT. A competition which was also seen as a Mickey Mouse cup by many - oh how we wish we were playing in it now!
Posted by: Maringer, January 10, 2015, 11:02am; Reply: 13
I remember Paul Reece cocking up in a howling gale against Newcastle. Threw the ball up to punt it upfield, the ball blew back into him and he picked it up. Indirect free-kick which I think they scored from? Many years ago now.
Posted by: gaz57, January 10, 2015, 11:07am; Reply: 14
Quoted from LH

Donny in the JPT. A competition which was also seen as a Mickey Mouse cup by many - oh how we wish we were playing in it now!

Thanks for that lets hope we at least get a laugh this afternoon.  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, January 10, 2015, 11:38am; Reply: 15
Was planning to go but undecided now because of the wind. It wasn't that exciting a prospect to start with but this wind has made it less so.

Meh!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 10, 2015, 1:35pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ginnywings
Was planning to go but undecided now because of the wind. It wasn't that exciting a prospect to start with but this wind has made it less so.

Meh!

JF is on standby to climb the ladder to repair Main Stand roof.

Posted by: Sigone, January 10, 2015, 1:48pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

JF is on standby to climb the ladder to repair Main Stand roof.

Maybe he could go to goodison then. A bit of there stand is flapping around and fans at mo being refused entry.
Posted by: Caveman, January 10, 2015, 2:11pm; Reply: 18
Managed to persuade the Missus to take me shopping.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 10, 2015, 2:14pm; Reply: 19
Was hoping the wind would die down but it hasn't, so i'm out.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 6:39pm