Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 8, 2015, 6:53pm
I put this on and it disappeared, so will try again.

2-1 To Town

Palmer, John Lewis,

ATT,  983   21 Heads
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 8, 2015, 7:14pm; Reply: 1
Seriously hoping for a town win, much needed confidence boost.

1-0, Disley

1350 (15)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 8, 2015, 7:17pm; Reply: 2
Town 1 Gateshead 2
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 8, 2015, 7:39pm; Reply: 3
Matty Robson will give us a hard time down our right side - (if we let him).
Posted by: Abdul19, January 8, 2015, 7:54pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Teestogreen
Matty Robson will give us a hard time down our right side - (if we let him).

Good job our left side is bang in form then ;)
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 8, 2015, 11:16pm; Reply: 5
[img]http://s.quickmeme.com/img/2e/2e50fc0ba4dc262624da3ebeec446e4200f7c0e31ef9f79e62e2a527049cb559.jpg[/img]

Seriously.....0-0 Gateshead win on pens
Posted by: BIGChris, January 9, 2015, 8:40am; Reply: 6
Quoted from AdamHaddock

Seriously.....0-0 Gateshead win on pens

Not sure it is decided on pens tomorrow?

Replay i think???
Posted by: gary_elton, January 9, 2015, 8:43am; Reply: 7
Think town will lose... not too bothered about this game really...
Posted by: Maringer, January 9, 2015, 9:37am; Reply: 8
No idea about the result as I don't like to make predictions.

I wasn't planning to go to the game but I'm getting more and more tempted as the hours tick by...

The main downside is that it is likely to be a crappy game as it will be blowing a gale.
Posted by: BIGChris, January 9, 2015, 9:53am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Maringer
No idea about the result as I don't like to make predictions.

I wasn't planning to go to the game but I'm getting more and more tempted as the hours tick by...

The main downside is that it is likely to be a crappy game as it will be blowing a gale.

Attendance around 1300 or thereabouts? I have bought a ticket and will go.

Always hated playing in windy conditions, far worse than sun, rain or snow
Posted by: Maringer, January 9, 2015, 10:02am; Reply: 10
Knowing our luck, we'll play into the wind during the first half and it will then swap around at half-time!
Posted by: Hagrid, January 9, 2015, 10:20am; Reply: 11
hoping for a win,

2-0 town, rodman OG, Baxter OG
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 9, 2015, 12:07pm; Reply: 12
0-1, lose to v early goal by Oster :(
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 9, 2015, 12:13pm; Reply: 13
What have the clubs decided?  IIRC they can play it to a conclusion on the first game if both clubs agree
Posted by: BIGChris, January 9, 2015, 12:17pm; Reply: 14
What have the clubs decided?  IIRC they can play it to a conclusion on the first game if both clubs agree

I sent the question to the club but no response!
Posted by: psgmariner, January 9, 2015, 12:20pm; Reply: 15
This will be my first ever non Wembley trophy game. My standards are slipping. I am getting sadder and sadder....
Posted by: BIGChris, January 9, 2015, 2:39pm; Reply: 16
Rodman definitely out of tomorrows game.

Once he got a run in the side last season I thought he was better than either of our current 'wide' players
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 9, 2015, 3:12pm; Reply: 17
1-1 Att. 1111 (11 away).
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, January 9, 2015, 3:23pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from gary_elton
Think town will lose... not too bothered about this game really...

Agree with not being too bothered about the trophy but after 2 defeats and a lay off he needs a strong side to get a game under their belts and think for the league sake a win to blow that away.

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 9, 2015, 5:25pm; Reply: 19
Seeing as though a certain someone who has been scoring for fun for them recently will be missing tomorrow

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/5241/rodman-ruled-out-for-at-least-four-weeks

I'm going to say a

2-1 win for Town
1100 attendance
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 9, 2015, 5:53pm; Reply: 20
I'd have thought Hurst would be privately desperate for a win regardless of the competition. Another defeat would really damage morale. Even though this is a lesser game he should play a strong side and go for it.

Unfortunately his interview in the GT is all about Gateshead and how they play, nothing at all about his own side and how he wants them to play.

He may get lucky this week and grind out a draw or even a narrow win but the entertainment value won't be up to much from the way he's taking.. He'll still be in charge on Monday regardless.
Posted by: Maringer, January 9, 2015, 7:12pm; Reply: 21
Unfortunately his interview in the GT is all about Gateshead and how they play, nothing at all about his own side and how he wants them to play.

Really? Here's what I took from that brief article:

Regardless of whether or not we set up the team the same as the away game, he wants us to stick to the same principle that led to that result.

He wants the team to be patient as he believes that is they key element against Gateshead.

When Gateshead have spells of possession he wants the players to keep their shape and not go chasing the ball but he also wants them to understand the times when it is right to press the opposition to win the ball.

Pretty straightforward, really.
Posted by: mariner paul, January 9, 2015, 7:46pm; Reply: 22
Not bothered
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 9, 2015, 8:33pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Maringer

Really? Here's what I took from that brief article:

Regardless of whether or not we set up the team the same as the away game, he wants us to stick to the same principle that led to that result.

He wants the team to be patient as he believes that is they key element against Gateshead.

When Gateshead have spells of possession he wants the players to keep their shape and not go chasing the ball but he also wants them to understand the times when it is right to press the opposition to win the ball.

Pretty straightforward, really.

In other words we go on the field and wait and react to what the opposition does. I have no doubt this is a good way to play away from home but forgive me for thinking that it should be for Gateshead to be worrying about patience and keeping shape and for Town to be planning positively about dominating a game at BP. I suppose it is naive of me.

Posted by: Grimal, January 9, 2015, 8:34pm; Reply: 24
Town 1  ---   The Heed  1
Pitman
Rankine

1670  (34 Geordies ).
Posted by: Maringer, January 9, 2015, 9:52pm; Reply: 25

In other words we go on the field and wait and react to what the opposition does. I have no doubt this is a good way to play away from home but forgive me for thinking that it should be for Gateshead to be worrying about patience and keeping shape and for Town to be planning positively about dominating a game at BP. I suppose it is naive of me.

It's called a gameplan!

The opposition is good on the ball, so you make sure you don't go chasing it and only press when it is sensible to do so. This is the same tactics used in the away match which we won 6-1!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 9, 2015, 10:06pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Maringer

It's called a gameplan!

The opposition is good on the ball, so you make sure you don't go chasing it and only press when it is sensible to do so. This is the same tactics used in the away match which we won 6-1!

Quite so. I thought this game was at BP. My mistake obviously. ;)

Posted by: LH, January 9, 2015, 10:36pm; Reply: 27
2-1 Town. LJL and Palmer. Att 1450ish with 37 (20 Gateshead fans and 17 Newcastle fans who didn't get tickets at Chelsea but were offered free travel by Gateshead).

Still undecided whether to go or not. I hate missing home games when I'm in GY because I miss a lot of midweek home games but we're awful to watch at the minute (which might have been covered on here although I've not noticed anything on the subject ;) )
Posted by: Maringer, January 9, 2015, 11:31pm; Reply: 28

Quite so. I thought this game was at BP. My mistake obviously. ;)

Hurst is never going to be a Tinkerman and change things for the sake of it, especially as his teams are set up to be defensively-minded. Think of him as a budget David Moyes, if you like.

Anyway, a these tactics have proven successful against Gateshead earlier this season, I can confidently predict another 6-1 victory tomorrow.  :P

I've decided to go to the game. Too tempting to miss. Unfortunately, my young nephew is coming and we seem to lose every bloody game he attends!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 10, 2015, 1:28pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Les Brechin
1-1 Att. 1111 (11 away).

Att 888 (8 away)  8-8...............you heard it here first
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 9:20am