Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 7, 2015, 4:09pm
Just wondered how much revenue Town will get from this live TV game ( BT Sport, Saturday 17th January ) and if it seems a fair amount considering the implications it may have on the gate ?
Posted by: psgmariner, January 7, 2015, 4:11pm; Reply: 1
Seem to remember £5k being mentioned last season.
Posted by: oldun, January 7, 2015, 4:24pm; Reply: 2
peanuts, but at our level every £ counts but may not compensate for the loss in gate money.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 7, 2015, 4:43pm; Reply: 3
So £5k is approx 300 missing fans. As mentioned above, peanuts
Posted by: DocTower, January 7, 2015, 5:01pm; Reply: 4
Plus the kick off time , can't  see Barnet bringing many .
Posted by: Garth, January 7, 2015, 5:57pm; Reply: 5
Nothing to get excited about, being on TV means not many from Barnet and quite a few sitting at home watching it, will no doubt lose money on the night can we refuse TV coverage?
Posted by: Abdul19, January 7, 2015, 6:36pm; Reply: 6
To be fair, I doubt being on tv makes much difference to the away attendance.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 7, 2015, 6:46pm; Reply: 7
I'm excited - I wouldnt get to see it otherwise!
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 7, 2015, 7:06pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Garth
Nothing to get excited about, being on TV means not many from Barnet and quite a few sitting at home watching it, will no doubt lose money on the night can we refuse TV coverage?

It's a lunch-time ko at 12.45
Posted by: lee65, January 7, 2015, 9:33pm; Reply: 9
But surely if a few "stay away fans" watch us on TV, and IF we play well, it may be beneficial in terms of future gates.  Also, it has to be good PR to be seen on TV (again, I appreciate this is only the case if we achieve a positive result)
Posted by: TAGG, January 7, 2015, 10:28pm; Reply: 10
Me + 3 will be at the club for the game then at least you can watch Town with a pint (or 6) in the warm and also if we lose/play excrement we cant be told it our fault.  :P
Posted by: davmariner, January 8, 2015, 2:34am; Reply: 11
I'm not sure I even feel like watching it on BT to be honest, never mind going to BP.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 8, 2015, 9:43am; Reply: 12
Would still be at BP if I lived back there. Couldn't think about NOT going really.

It's obvious that there will be no financial benefits to the club and the worry is that the ground will be empty with a sub 3000 crowd.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 8, 2015, 7:31pm; Reply: 13
I will watch it on TV,

But to be honest I would have preferred  the away game at Barnet to be on.

Then Town would not have lost any money and I would not have to go to Barnet.
Posted by: gary_elton, January 9, 2015, 9:05am; Reply: 14
TV  game for me... bag of fish chips and mushy peas washed down with a few Theakstons Old Peculiar.,...
Posted by: Belfast Town, January 9, 2015, 11:38am; Reply: 15
Flights booked, I'll be at the match. I'll also be there for the away game if it's not moved because of the FA Trophy or TV scheduling. I'd urge everyone who can attend to do so in our time of need. This just has to be our season.
Posted by: TAGG, January 9, 2015, 10:40pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Belfast Town
Flights booked, I'll be at the match. I'll also be there for the away game if it's not moved because of the FA Trophy or TV scheduling. I'd urge everyone who can attend to do so in our time of need. This just has to be our season.

I wont be there(+3 others) for the first time in many a season.
Sick of seeing boring crap orchestrated by a cardboard cut out on the side line.
This wont be our season it will drop away to nothing again  :(
Posted by: lukeo, January 10, 2015, 7:57am; Reply: 17
Let's hope we get some good results between now and this game.. If we could beat Gateshead by a few goals it may make people think twice about quiiting
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 3:17pm