Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, January 6, 2015, 8:11pm
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityfc/news/11705699.Russ_Wilcox_reveals_Dan_Parslow_s_York_City_career_isn_t_over_despite_letting_him_stay_at_Grimsby_for_rest_of_the_season/?ref=mac
Posted by: ginnywings, January 6, 2015, 8:17pm; Reply: 1
Expected he would be.?
Posted by: BIGChris, January 6, 2015, 8:18pm; Reply: 2
Not as disappointed with that news as some but I think he is versatile cover rather than first choice in any position.

Having him on the bench allows for greater options elsehwere
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 6, 2015, 8:25pm; Reply: 3
Hairs on the back of your neck anyone?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 6, 2015, 8:29pm; Reply: 4
BigChris post sums it up for me. Doesn't hurt to have a utility player to cover shortfalls.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 6, 2015, 8:31pm; Reply: 5
MARQUEE.
Posted by: Maringer, January 6, 2015, 8:35pm; Reply: 6
Let's hope we don't have many injuries so he isn't required too often!
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 6, 2015, 8:35pm; Reply: 7
Decent squad player, nothing more.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 6, 2015, 8:35pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
BigChris post sums it up for me. Doesn't hurt to have a utility player to cover shortfalls.

Have we got a utility custodian lined up? ;)
Posted by: Hagrid, January 6, 2015, 8:39pm; Reply: 9
Expected, and a useful player. In away games if we can put him in front of that back 4 he'll do a good job for us. At home, maybe just a bench player. Always a useful option to have though
Posted by: BIGChris, January 6, 2015, 8:46pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Have we got a utility custodian lined up? ;)

We already have Nick Draper as back up
Posted by: Abdul19, January 6, 2015, 9:12pm; Reply: 11
On the plus side we get a short term loan space back
Posted by: chaos33, January 6, 2015, 9:16pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from BIGChris
Not as disappointed with that news as some but I think he is versatile cover rather than first choice in any position.

Having him on the bench allows for greater options elsehwere

I agree but that doesn't seem to be how Hurst sees it, and overrates him.
Posted by: oldun, January 6, 2015, 9:16pm; Reply: 13
I just don't get it. Apart from the fact that he can play badly in several positions what does he offer. Cannot tackle, cannot pass the ball accurately and as for his heading well, no power or direction most of the time, I hope we do not have call on him much.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 6, 2015, 9:47pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from jonnyboy82
MARQUEE.

more like ....... TENT  
Posted by: mariner91, January 6, 2015, 10:05pm; Reply: 15
I just hope we don't need to use him at centre back very often.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 6, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from oldun
I just don't get it. Apart from the fact that he can play badly in several positions what does he offer. Cannot tackle, cannot pass the ball accurately and as for his heading well, no power or direction most of the time, I hope we do not have call on him much.

Exactly what i was thinking tbh adds very little if anything at all :-/
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, January 6, 2015, 11:46pm; Reply: 17
When all fit I would have Parslow at right back and Magnay at left back
Sorry, Aswad not as good in defence as two above
Parslow been unfairly criticised IMO due to playing centre back which is clearly not his best position

Good full back and utility player at this level IMO
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 7, 2015, 7:11am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
When all fit I would have Parslow at right back and Magnay at left back
Sorry, Aswad not as good in defence as two above
Parslow been unfairly criticised IMO due to playing centre back which is clearly not his best position

Good full back and utility player at this level IMO

WHS
Posted by: Maringer, January 7, 2015, 8:20am; Reply: 19
I think Bignot (though not brilliant) is a better full-back than Parslow. However, as has been noted, with Parslow on the bench you have somebody who can cover across the defence or as a defensive midfielder. With Bignot on the bench, you have a reserve full-back so Parslow's versatility (even if he isn't particularly good), is useful.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 7, 2015, 8:44am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Maringer
I think Bignot (though not brilliant) is a better full-back than Parslow. However, as has been noted, with Parslow on the bench you have somebody who can cover across the defence or as a defensive midfielder. With Bignot on the bench, you have a reserve full-back so Parslow's versatility (even if he isn't particularly good), is useful.

If you've already got Magnay who is versatile on the pitch playing right back, you don't necessarily need Parslow on the bench, Bignot could come on and magnay move anywhere across the back.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 7, 2015, 9:24am; Reply: 21
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

If you've already got Magnay who is versatile on the pitch playing right back, you don't necessarily need Parslow on the bench, Bignot could come on and magnay move anywhere across the back.

Bignot should be let no were near the first team when toto comes back in.

Magnay has been brilliant at right back so why change him around, leave him there and the rest of the defence picks itself.

Parslow should be a benchwarmer and only used when really needed.
Posted by: Maringer, January 7, 2015, 11:47am; Reply: 22
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Bignot should be let no were near the first team when toto comes back in.

Magnay has been brilliant at right back so why change him around, leave him there and the rest of the defence picks itself.

Parslow should be a benchwarmer and only used when really needed.

The past game and a half, Bignot was much the better of the full-backs when compared to Thomas. Four goals conceded down our left with Thomas caught hopelessly out of position most of the time.

Personally, I'd drop Thomas because he's looked very much out of sorts over the past month and stick Magnay on the left. He's better on the right, but defensively much is still much more solid than Thomas has been recently.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 12:51am