Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BPMariner, January 6, 2015, 2:03pm
Just watched a rerun on Mariners Player. What a game that was. Steve Kabba was ace.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 6, 2015, 2:49pm; Reply: 1
Yeah he was far too good for us. It's a shame we only had the Kabba and Oster combo for one game that season too.
Posted by: DocTower, January 6, 2015, 2:59pm; Reply: 2
I was there ,  that was excitement , that was a long time ago . Just distant memories .
Posted by: Maringer, January 6, 2015, 3:00pm; Reply: 3
A crazy game - you seriously thought a goal was going to come whenever either of the teams was attacking!
Posted by: 137 (Guest), January 6, 2015, 4:24pm; Reply: 4
The (mildly) interesting stat I remember from that game (yes, I know, I should get out more):
when Town scored their 6th goal around the 84th minute...it was from our first corner of the match and was 'only' our 7th shot on target.

The game was actually quite tight, but every half-decent opening or quarter-chance ended with the ball in the back of the net.
Posted by: BPMariner, January 6, 2015, 4:34pm; Reply: 5
What happened to Kabba? Did he retire through injury?
Posted by: Abdul19, January 6, 2015, 4:49pm; Reply: 6
Yeah just over a year ago. Now works as an agent amongst other things.

And not really called Steve, according to Wiki!
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, January 6, 2015, 5:39pm; Reply: 7
Wow! What a game that was.
Posted by: livosnose, January 6, 2015, 6:25pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Abdul19
Yeah he was far too good for us. It's a shame we only had the Kabba and Oster combo for one game that season too.

but they did play together at Barnet I think .
Posted by: Tom13, January 6, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 9
Kabba will always be a hero in my eyes for single-handedly sending Lincoln down to the Conference that year by somehow keeping Barnet up on another of their skin-of-their-teeth survivals.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 6, 2015, 10:37pm; Reply: 10
Great game great memories
Posted by: barralad, January 7, 2015, 11:49am; Reply: 11
My missus recorded the Sky Sports thing with Stelling. They were willing Burnley to equalise as they'd never had a 6-6 draw!
Posted by: RichMariner, January 9, 2015, 12:22pm; Reply: 12
They've had a 6-6 draw since (albeit on a weekday evening, so Stelling wouldn't have been on).

Motherwell v Hibs

I remember it was the same night that Man City were playing Spurs in 'The Race for Fourth' in the Prem. It was a dull 0-0, while this SPL game was being played out on the next channel!

Worth watching the highlights anyway, just for the 12 goals and appalling defending, but Jutkiewicz's equalising goal right at the death is out of this world! I was off my seat when that went in.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7oLNSAMgYs[/url]
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 9:27am