Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 5, 2015, 9:26am
Today's PH quote in the Tellywag:

With some of Town's Conference rivals already doing business – it may prompt Hurst to act sooner rather than later.

He added: "I know people want to see players coming in, and that's human nature.

"What I would say is that I would like them to get behind the players that are here.

"Above all we have to bring people in who are willing to buy in to what we are trying to do this season."

Yes Paul, can you please provide us with the sort of start to a game that doesn't turn BP into a morgue and there might be a more positive response from the stands. It also might help if you spent more time talking up our club rather than talking up the opposition.
Posted by: grimps, January 5, 2015, 9:33am; Reply: 1
Watch out mate . we're not allowed to post anything negative on here nowadays  ;)
Posted by: ackomariner, January 5, 2015, 9:34am; Reply: 2
Quoted from grimps
Watch out mate . we're not allowed to post anything negative on here nowadays  ;)

Truth hurts grimps that's why  ;)
Posted by: Maringer, January 5, 2015, 10:06am; Reply: 3
Encouraging the fans to get behind the current squad is a dig? Since when?

Have I slipped into an alternate universe or something?  :-/
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 5, 2015, 10:15am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Maringer

Well, the obvious implication is that the fans are currently not doing that, so it is a dig.

Posted by: ginnywings, January 5, 2015, 10:19am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Maringer

It's a veiled dig in my opinion.

I see he has also mentioned only bringing players that will make a difference. No excrement Sherlock, there wouldn't be a point otherwise.

Maybe we will get another Watson or Walker like the last time he said it.
Posted by: Maringer, January 5, 2015, 10:21am; Reply: 6
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 5, 2015, 10:23am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer

I may be getting slightly paranoid about this but both the Chairman and the Manager seem to be pretty negative about the supporters in equal measure. Last time I looked, it's about 17 seasons since we achieved a promotion! Give us something to be positive about - not dreary, dull, uninspiring, negative crap both on the pitch and in your interviews.
Posted by: ackomariner, January 5, 2015, 10:39am; Reply: 8
Just shows how they've split the fans.

Damage has been done already, so whatever they say, it won't wash anymore.

That's the way I see it, and IMO it was a little sarcastic dig by hurst
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 5, 2015, 10:40am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Maringer

To a man with a screwdriver ...................  ;)
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 5, 2015, 10:48am; Reply: 10
I'd just like to apologise in advance to Paul hurst on all our behalfs and say sorry we made him change tactics every two matches, sorry about the signings in January that didn't work out, and sorry that the inconsistent form lead to some of the many chasing teams climb above us and knock us out the playoff spots and cause you to lose your job. We applaud the work ethic at least, especially in the last 10 minutes against Telford when we realised we might actually throw away 3 points again after miraculously beating Barnet. Good luck in your future new job at Nuneaton.

*and yes if we get promoted I will print this post off and eat these words before proclaiming hurst the king of sarcasm
Posted by: Maringer, January 5, 2015, 10:54am; Reply: 11
Sarcasm, in a comment in a newspaper article asking the fans to get behind the team? Why?

I know that sarcasm doesn't work in print, but now I really am sure I'm in an alternate universe.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 5, 2015, 10:55am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Maringer
Sarcasm, in a comment in a newspaper article asking the fans to get behind the team? Why?

I know that sarcasm doesn't work in print, but now I really am sure I'm in an alternate universe.

yes you are...
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 5, 2015, 10:56am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Maringer

I suppose we need to remember that Paul Hurst is employed by the undisputed king of PR  ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, January 5, 2015, 10:56am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Maringer

..................with your Birmingham screwdriver in hand.
Posted by: Maringer, January 5, 2015, 10:58am; Reply: 15
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I suppose we need to remember that Paul Hurst is employed by the undisputed king of PR  ;)

Must be part of a cunning plan.

Seriously, though, I reckon those of you who think Hurst is having a dig at the fans in his bland, obvious comments in that article are completely off your rockers!  :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 5, 2015, 11:24am; Reply: 16
We all want the same thing success,

We do not care who is in charge as long as we have success,

Lets start the New Year with a clean sheet,

Forget what has happened in the past,

The season starts now,

We are in a good position and Barnet have started the New Year with a big defeat( thanks Imps )

Now its your turn Hursty,

Get that player in you have been trying to find for 7 months,

Get the team back to winning ways,

AND

We will all be happy.

Even Old Codger :)
Posted by: Abdul19, January 5, 2015, 12:31pm; Reply: 17
Time Team level
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 5, 2015, 12:42pm; Reply: 18
As I have said before ............ When you deliver the goods then you can start to show a bit of arrogance but until then show some respect for your paying customers !!     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :P
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 5, 2015, 3:40pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from grimsby pete

Now its your turn Hursty,

Get that player in you have been trying to find for 7 months,

Get the team back to winning ways,

AND

We will all be happy.

Even Old Codger :)

I am ecstatically happy with all but one aspect of my life Pete.
Posted by: barralad, January 5, 2015, 6:50pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I may be getting slightly paranoid about this but both the Chairman and the Manager seem to be pretty negative about the supporters in equal measure. Last time I looked, it's about 17 seasons since we achieved a promotion! Give us something to be positive about - not dreary, dull, uninspiring, negative crap both on the pitch and in your interviews.

Yeah....if you need relentless negativity you can always get it on here!  What is wrong with asking the fans to get fully behind the players who are here?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 5, 2015, 6:58pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from barralad

Yeah....if you need relentless negativity you can always get it on here!  What is wrong with asking the fans to get fully behind the players who are here?

The negativity at GTFC starts at the top where the chairman comes on a fans forum and slates the fans followed up two days later by the manager having a dig in the Telegraph. 17 years without a promotion, 11 years and 3 relegations, you want positivity? Ask the man at the top!

At GTFC, you get ridiculous decisions like the signing of a striker from Rotherham who scores twice in a behind closed doors game, then goes to the club we beat in said friendly and scores 3 in 2 games for them. Explain that one to me!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 5, 2015, 7:35pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from MuddyWaters
At GTFC, you get ridiculous decisions like the signing of a striker from Rotherham who scores twice in a behind closed doors game, then goes to the club we beat in said friendly and scores 3 in 2 games for them. Explain that one to me!
Dayle Southwell scored as well in the last game where Walker scored a brace, on 16 goals for the season so far.

Maybe Boston United play more attacking football giving the attacking players more chance to score.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 5, 2015, 9:22pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

With some of Town's Conference rivals already doing business – it may prompt Hurst to act sooner rather than later.

He added: "I know people want to see players coming in, and that's human nature.

"What I would say is that I would like them to get behind the players that are here.

"Above all we have to bring people in who are willing to buy in to what we are trying to do this season."

Yes Paul, can you please provide us with the sort of start to a game that doesn't turn BP into a morgue and there might be a more positive

response from the stands. It also might help if you spent more time talking up our club rather than talking up the opposition.

So a player of real quality at this level becomes avaliable and two or three clubs go after him including Hurst.
And while Hurst is dilly dallying finding out if the potential new signing is willing to buy into what he is trying to do this season ( the mind boggles ) some other manager of the Russell Slade type tries to move heaven and earth to sign said player. Hurst then loses out on signing that quality player and the story goes on.

Posted by: ackomariner, January 5, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from barralad

Think the attendance against lincoln showed that the fans are behind the players barra
Posted by: barralad, January 5, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from ackomariner

Think the attendance against lincoln showed that the fans are behind the players barra

You'd like to think so but I sat next-ish to two blokes who only became vocal when their second goal went in and announced at Half Time they were going back to the Imp! Whilst I can understand the disappointment in those of us who go regularly surely there has to be some "bearing with us" for people who come infrequently. Perhaps they were regular attenders in the good old days but there needs to be a touch of realism. Not many regulars would put that first half in their top ten worst Town displays!
I don't enjoy going to B.P. these days-partly because of the way the team often plays but also because of the way the "atmosphere" changes after a set back. If I had my way (and a bigger pension!!) I'd quite happily go away EVERY week to watch Town :)
Posted by: ackomariner, January 5, 2015, 9:56pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from barralad

You'd like to think so but I sat next-ish to two blokes who only became vocal when their second goal went in and announced at Half Time they were going back to the Imp! Whilst I can understand the disappointment in those of us who go regularly surely there has to be some "bearing with us" for people who come infrequently. Perhaps they were regular attenders in the good old days but there needs to be a touch of realism. Not many regulars would put that first half in their top ten worst Town displays!
I don't enjoy going to B.P. these days-partly because of the way the team often plays but also because of the way the "atmosphere" changes after a set back. If I had my way (and a bigger pension!!) I'd quite happily go away EVERY week to watch Town :)

Me and my brother said the same thing about going to away games
Posted by: barralad, January 5, 2015, 10:10pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from ackomariner

Me and my brother said the same thing about going to away games

I know it's because all the Town fans are together but the players-particularly Magnay seem to appreciate the support. Does it make them play better football? I don't know but from a fans point of view it makes it more enjoyable.
Posted by: ackomariner, January 5, 2015, 10:16pm; Reply: 28
I'd be having magnay in for contract talks, and a two year one at that.

Give the fans some optimism and hope
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 6, 2015, 12:24pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Maringer

Beautifully put!
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 6, 2015, 12:28pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yes Paul, can you please provide us with the sort of start to a game that doesn't turn BP into a morgue and there might be a more positive response from the stands. It also might help if you spent more time talking up our club rather than talking up the opposition.

Don't see that as a dig myself, just the manager encouraging fans to support the current team.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 7:00pm