Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, January 4, 2015, 3:04pm
barnet playing lincoln, i know titles probably gone but if the gimps can win this then knocks barnet back somewhat, nuneaton playing bristol too but cant see any slipup there
Posted by: GrimRob, January 4, 2015, 3:15pm; Reply: 1
Lincoln started strongest according to the Lincoln commentary
Posted by: GrimRob, January 4, 2015, 3:17pm; Reply: 2
City 1=0 Tomlinson! Set piece goal, Barmet keeper misjudged the bounce.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 4, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 3
on a good run lincoln arent they!!! especially if they win today
Posted by: GrimRob, January 4, 2015, 3:24pm; Reply: 4
2-0 Power hammers one in!
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 4, 2015, 3:34pm; Reply: 5
At this rate they will finish above us which will make my regular vists to the pub less regular which should please the missus!

Appreciate its early days for Moyes but interesting when there is continued debates about the relative qualities and unavailability of Managers to replace PH, if ever required, that there are probably a number of guys that could achieve if given the chance. From what the locals say this is not based on a great coaching masterplan but that of getting men forward in numbers when they are in possession something town continually fail to do.

Speculateto accumulate Paul and stick to your proven approach in away games
Posted by: Hagrid, January 4, 2015, 3:47pm; Reply: 6
Bristol rovers now 1-0 up, eastleigh losing
Posted by: Hagrid, January 4, 2015, 4:17pm; Reply: 7
3-0 lincoln!! FGR just gone 2-1 up as well
Posted by: gtfc82, January 4, 2015, 4:18pm; Reply: 8
Lincoln now 3-0 up, and Rovers winning 2-0!!  :-/
Posted by: Neilo83, January 4, 2015, 4:25pm; Reply: 9
Conference north I know but I've just seen that nicky walker has scored again today.. 2 in 2 now isn't it?
Posted by: TAGG, January 4, 2015, 4:28pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Hagrid
barnet playing lincoln, i know titles probably gone but if the gimps can win this then knocks barnet back somewhat, nuneaton playing bristol too but cant see any slipup there

Not probably, we have no chance.
If the gimps win and go on a little run they could well be taking our place in the play off positions the way things are going

Posted by: craigy, January 4, 2015, 4:30pm; Reply: 11
Good job Eastleigh and kiddy are still losing
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 4, 2015, 4:32pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from TAGG

Not probably, we have no chance.
If the gimps win and go on a little run they could well be taking our place in the play off positions the way things are going

Just what I'm thinking

Posted by: tintowner, January 4, 2015, 4:46pm; Reply: 13
4-0 now
Posted by: Rick12, January 4, 2015, 4:47pm; Reply: 14
4-1 Lincoln latest    who would have predicted that
Posted by: Hagrid, January 4, 2015, 4:49pm; Reply: 15
Eastleigh losing is good for us
Posted by: forza ivano, January 4, 2015, 4:51pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Rick12
4-1 Lincoln latest    who would have predicted that

No doubt the barnet forums will be filled with bile as barnet fans demand their manager be sacked after losing to the likes of lincoln
Posted by: TAGG, January 4, 2015, 4:54pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Hagrid
Eastleigh losing is good for us

So your now relying on others to keep us in touch with a play off spot :D
Posted by: Rick12, January 4, 2015, 4:56pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from forza ivano

No doubt the barnet forums will be filled with bile as barnet fans demand their manager be sacked after losing to the likes of lincoln
Doubt it  ;)    Still if Bristol win their game in hand will only be 6 points behind so Barnet still may be caught

Posted by: TAGG, January 4, 2015, 5:00pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from forza ivano

They may well have been if it was a local derby for them and that had been 6 points they had taken of them this season.
Posted by: gtfc82, January 4, 2015, 5:00pm; Reply: 20
Andi Thanoj equalises for Alfreton deep into stoppage time at Torquay! Good on the lad!  :)
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 4, 2015, 5:00pm; Reply: 21
Seems obvious that Lincoln are a good bet to finish in the top 5 with their recent good form. They have momentum and have beaten what they may have considered to be the fancied promotion teams.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 4, 2015, 5:01pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from TAGG

So your now relying on others to keep us in touch with a play off spot :D

no im posting a message saying eastleigh lost which is good for us. even if they had won we'd still be in a play off place, seem to be challenging me on everything i see recently TAGG
Posted by: Doubled, January 4, 2015, 5:09pm; Reply: 23
Not even 3k at Lincoln today, playing top of the table and on a good run, won the last four at home.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 4, 2015, 5:09pm; Reply: 24
Makes our recent non performances even more galling since we've missed a great chance to catch up to Barnet.
Posted by: TAGG, January 4, 2015, 5:13pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Hagrid

no im posting a message saying eastleigh lost which is good for us. even if they had won we'd still be in a play off place, seem to be challenging me on everything i see recently TAGG

Yes you are word for word.
"eastleigh loising is good for us"
It's just that our opinions are poles apart.
No offence meant mate.
Posted by: Helgy, January 4, 2015, 6:25pm; Reply: 26
Barnet 2-0 down at HT Allen gambled put on 3 subs straight on the restart.
2 minutes into the 2 half the left back pulls up hamstring and game over they are not only chasing the game but down to 10 men for 40 minutes remaining.
With 10 to go they played the ball around their back line to keep the score down.
Never looked back since Simmo was sacked and Schofield has re joined the coaching staff.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 4, 2015, 6:34pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Teestogreen
Seems obvious that Lincoln are a good bet to finish in the top 5 with their recent good form. They have momentum and have beaten what they may have considered to be the fancied promotion teams.

This season's Mansfield maybe?

Stranger things have happened. The more they win, the more confident they could become
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, January 4, 2015, 6:43pm; Reply: 28
the awful home form now starting to show how precarious the position we have is

top 5 no guarantee, and would not be surprised to see us fall further
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 4, 2015, 6:47pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Doubled
Not even 3k at Lincoln today, playing top of the table and on a good run, won the last four at home.

Barnet struggle to get 2,000 at home,
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 4, 2015, 7:01pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from forza ivano

Re: Lincoln (away) The Silent G Match Thread
Postby jamiefrbees ยป 04 Jan 2015, 16:15

ALLEN OUT

How right you are  ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, January 4, 2015, 7:31pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Helgy

Never looked back since Simmo was sacked and Schofield has re joined the coaching staff.

i heard a rumour that the new manager was a bit of a lad in your hooly element back in the day?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 4, 2015, 7:48pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from moosey_club

i heard a rumour that the new manager was a bit of a lad in your hooly element back in the day?

Known him for years, his dad was a police inspector, and I can assure you he was never part of the hooly element. He was certainly an aggressive player and if you came up against the Ivy Tavern in the Sunday County Cup he may well have given you a kicking.

Basically, he has taken the shackles off the players, not rocket science is it and as we know confident sides, particularly in the Conference, can go on long unbeaten runs.
Posted by: DocTower, January 4, 2015, 8:19pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Chrisblor
Makes our recent non performances even more galling since we've missed a great chance to catch up to Barnet.

Certainly does , what is it now 5 losses at home.  Lincoln the dark horse now ?  Feel we will just drop now ,  just the way I feel about the whole set up .  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 4, 2015, 8:30pm; Reply: 34
Either that or the players could just say lets prove the doubters wrong STILL A LONG WAY TO GO. The Barnet match should be interesting now Lincoln as shown us how to beat them. Over to you lads how much do you want it???
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 4, 2015, 9:22pm; Reply: 35
Its amazing what a few weeks in football can do... Ask the Lincoln fans.
Posted by: ackomariner, January 4, 2015, 9:24pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from 1739
Its amazing what a few weeks in football can do... Ask the Lincoln fans.

What about a few seasons
Posted by: GrimRob, January 4, 2015, 9:49pm; Reply: 37
Lincoln are top of the form table, Woking are bottom. A few weeks ago we were top of the form table, as were Woking. Dover were relegation fodder now they are play-off contenders. There's no rhyme or reason to it, it's Brownian Motion, the random fluctuations of football teams . :)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 4, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 38
6 out of 7 wins for Lincoln.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 4, 2015, 10:09pm; Reply: 39
Dover 16 games unbeaten until today.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:51am