Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, January 3, 2015, 12:55pm
I want Brizzle Rovers to catch Barnet. Only because I think the law of averages will eventually dictate that it is time for a team to go back up first time from this league. Think it will be them so in my mind if we make the play offs. I will feel more confident with Barnet based on that and that alone. Just wanted to share that
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 3, 2015, 1:00pm; Reply: 1
Agree, I think we will have a better chance of beating Barnet in the play offs than Rovers.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 3, 2015, 1:06pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from grimsby pete
Agree, I think we will have a better chance of beating Barnet in the play offs than Rovers.

On what basis Pete? We haven't played Barnet and played Brizzle 5 months ago and have no guarantee of getting in the play-offs.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2015, 1:11pm; Reply: 3
Thought Brizzle would struggle in their first Conference season as most seem to do. They are bucking the trend at the moment and have adapted very well.

If we don't win the league, which we probably won't, then i don't care who wins it. Second is nowhere down here.
Posted by: denni266, January 3, 2015, 8:03pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ginnywings
Thought Brizzle would struggle in their first Conference season as most seem to do. They are bucking the trend at the moment and have adapted very well.

If we don't win the league, which we probably won't, then i don't care who wins it. Second is nowhere down here.

and we cant even manage to get second
Posted by: GrimRob, January 3, 2015, 8:40pm; Reply: 5
It's a no brainer really we want to avoid the big clubs with highly paid squads if we get to the play-offs. I'd really like to see us play the second game at home for a change as well. It's a big advantage playing at BP with the crowd behind you in a big game.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 3, 2015, 8:43pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from GrimRob
It's a big advantage playing at BP

The league table suggests otherwise!
Posted by: denni266, January 3, 2015, 8:46pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob
It's a no brainer really we want to avoid the big clubs with highly paid squads if we get to the play-offs. I'd really like to see us play the second game at home for a change as well. It's a big advantage playing at BP with the crowd behind you in a big game.

In an ideal world yes,, but we would have to win away by a big margin to have any chance , as we alwase bottle it at home , especially in front of a big  home gate
Posted by: ackomariner, January 3, 2015, 9:04pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GrimRob

Always play crap in big games and big crowds rob.......lincoln
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, January 3, 2015, 9:25pm; Reply: 9
people assuming that we will make the play offs, play a dangerous game....
Posted by: moosey_club, January 3, 2015, 11:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob
I'd really like to see us play the second game at home for a change as well. It's a big advantage playing at BP with the crowd behind you in a big game.

Just looked the meaning of sarcasm up in the dictionary....... and underneath it was your post    :P
Posted by: Neilo83, January 4, 2015, 8:24am; Reply: 11
Quoted from GrimRob

Once upon a time maybe..
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 4, 2015, 9:24am; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings

They had an experienced  non league manager in place before the drop down so knew what he was doing from the beginning of the season and presumably got/kept the right players for what is needed in the conference.
Posted by: Rick12, January 4, 2015, 9:36am; Reply: 13
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle
I want Brizzle Rovers to catch Barnet. Only because I think the law of averages will eventually dictate that it is time for a team to go back up first time from this league. Think it will be them so in my mind if we make the play offs. I will feel more confident with Barnet based on that and that alone. Just wanted to share that
Bristol are probably a bigger club than Barnet and so like you even though there in the same league as us now I would feel more confident playing a Barnet than a Bristol if we meet either of them in the play offs.Another thing is the crowds down there are a bit more vocal than the likes of Barnet which obviously can help the team

Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 3:10pm