Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 2, 2015, 6:33pm
If a suitable offer came in from a league club for Shaun or any of our first team for that matter should we sell ?What would be a realistic fee for Shaun ?
Posted by: Hagrid, January 2, 2015, 6:36pm; Reply: 1
No. Selling our best centre back and bigest leader would be a total disaster. The club ( one would hope) surely wouldnt do that at a crititcal period like this
Posted by: BIGChris, January 2, 2015, 6:36pm; Reply: 2
Despite what some think we are still in with a chance of going up, although that chance has got slimmer in the last week or so. On that basis alone unless we were offered £100k plus (cash not installments) we shouldnt entertain the thought of selling him
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 2, 2015, 6:36pm; Reply: 3
no one would pay for him , they would just wait and get him for nowt
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 2, 2015, 6:38pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Hagrid
No. Selling our best centre back and bigest leader would be a total disaster. The club ( one would hope) surely wouldnt do that at a crititcal period like this

Pouton and Boulding not so very long ago?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 2, 2015, 6:40pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from BIGChris
Despite what some think we are still in with a chance of going up, although that chance has got slimmer in the last week or so. On that basis alone unless we were offered £100k plus (cash not installments) we shouldnt entertain the thought of selling him

Don't know if you agree BC but in my opinion SP has improved by about 20% over the past 12 Months and I for one would think him suitable of playing for any League 1 or 2 Club. I rated Nathan Pond but I wouldn't swap him for Shaun Pearson at present.
Posted by: LookBackInAngers, January 2, 2015, 6:43pm; Reply: 6
To let any of the first choice players go half way through a season unless the fee involved was truly generous (unlikely to happen) would surely be interpreted as a sign that we are not serious in the quest to exit this league and return to THE league.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 2, 2015, 11:41pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Pouton and Boulding not so very long ago?

11 years ago (one to a Championship club)
Posted by: sparko501, January 3, 2015, 1:06am; Reply: 8
Quoted from fleabag1970
no one would pay for him , they would just wait and get him for nowt

Really? He is a solid CB and if any club in L2 has some rich kid take over he will be gone. I hope not obviously but any league club with some money would quite easily grab him  :(
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 3, 2015, 7:42am; Reply: 9
WTF?? Why the hell would we want to sell our best player???? The season is far from over we need to build on what we have got, maybe ship some out on loan to make room for an attacking winger/striker. If this club as any ambition at all to get back into the league proper we need to act NOW like big Chris said it is not impossible yet Barnet still have to play us twice.
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 3, 2015, 8:18am; Reply: 10
Mark Lever v's Andy Tilson             Lever didn't get the big money move Tilson did . Pearson is a lot like Lever . Nathan Pond was a lot like Tilson
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 3, 2015, 12:46pm; Reply: 11
Spoke to rob Atkinson this morning, another quality defender we let go. I would think the likes of York, Hartlepool and others have had a look at him. Not that they can necessarily afford him but doesn't mean they are not interested
Posted by: BIGChris, January 3, 2015, 12:58pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Spoke to rob Atkinson this morning, another quality defender we let go. I would think the likes of York, Hartlepool and others have had a look at him. Not that they can necessarily afford him but doesn't mean they are not interested

Atkinson & Lancashire were a key reason for our relegation IMO. Physically weak and naive in the extreme. Bullied and gave away far to many crucial free kicks and penalties. One of them alongside a more experienced head would have been ok.even Kempson at that time would have given us a much better chance of survival
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2015, 1:17pm; Reply: 13
Was talking to my brother about Pearson yesterday. He didn't go to the game NYD and listened on the radio. Buckley was asked by Tondeur about Pearson attracting admiring eyes from above and Buckley said that although he was a great admirer of Pearson, managers higher up would be looking at his mobility, as the higher you go, the players become quicker in thought and deed.
Posted by: BIGChris, January 3, 2015, 1:34pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings
Was talking to my brother about Pearson yesterday. He didn't go to the game NYD and listened on the radio. Buckley was asked by Tondeur about Pearson attracting admiring eyes from above and Buckley said that although he was a great admirer of Pearson, managers higher up would be looking at his mobility, as the higher you go, the players become quicker in thought and deed.

Says the man who signed Heywood and Hope  ;)
Posted by: Abdul19, January 3, 2015, 1:52pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from BIGChris

;D
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2015, 2:02pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from BIGChris

Yeah, the thought did cross my mind.

Was just relaying what Buckley said about Shaun, although by all accounts he had nothing but praise for him.
Posted by: chaos33, January 3, 2015, 2:05pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Don't know if you agree BC but in my opinion SP has improved by about 20% over the past 12 Months and I for one would think him suitable of playing for any League 1 or 2 Club. I rated Nathan Pond but I wouldn't swap him for Shaun Pearson at present.

There's a massive overstatement and assumption in there and Nathan Pond is a better footballer by some way IMO.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:23am