Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: tintowner, January 2, 2015, 4:54pm
Anybody care to elaborate on what I've just read on Facebook!
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 2, 2015, 4:55pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from tintowner

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/105nlsm.jpg[/IMG]

Screen shot may help as our telepathy isn't working right now.
Posted by: JMT, January 2, 2015, 5:01pm; Reply: 2
Fancy telling us what you've read?...
Posted by: ska face, January 2, 2015, 5:15pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from tintowner

Yes, it's true, Prince Andrew is indeed a nonce. The shape-shifting reptilian intercourse.

That goes for the rest of the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha family too, the deviants.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 2, 2015, 5:20pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from tintowner

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/105nlsm.jpg[/IMG]

Is it the GTFC love triangle...

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/287df9g.jpg[/IMG]
Posted by: tintowner, January 2, 2015, 5:23pm; Reply: 5
A certain Facebook football page  has picked up on alleged rumours of dressing room unrest and administration talk at a certain football club.

Now this could apply to scores of clubs up and down the country....but the Facebook page I was reading concerns  ;)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 2, 2015, 5:26pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from tintowner
A certain Facebook football page  has picked up on alleged rumours of dressing room unrest and administration talk at a certain football club.

Now this could apply to scores of clubs up and down the country....but the Facebook page I was reading concerns  ;)

Care to tell us what page so we can all have a look?
Posted by: tintowner, January 2, 2015, 5:28pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Care to tell us what page so we can all have a look?

Black & White Army
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 2, 2015, 5:31pm; Reply: 8
Its not us,

John  would lose his loans.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, January 2, 2015, 5:33pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from tintowner

Black & White Army

Jeez, this is Gary Haddocks fan page. He gets all his info from here, so it must be a quiet few days on here  ;)
Posted by: Jaws, January 2, 2015, 5:33pm; Reply: 10
It's on the 'GTFC's black and white army' page

It reads:
"Morning town fans......Rumours over unrest in the dressing room......board saying no money and administration being circulated. ....lets hope that's all they are......rumours! !!!. ....lets all keep the faith in who we support and we will get through these tough days and come out fighting. ...Our squad is good enough and we can get out of this league. .....lets stand together UTM"

Probably the page admin - as anyone who's read the accounts knows there is no money! Fenty would never let the club go into administration, not while he lives here!
Posted by: BIGChris, January 2, 2015, 5:34pm; Reply: 11
What a load of uninformed bullshit
Posted by: RoboCod, January 2, 2015, 5:34pm; Reply: 12
Two words stand out on this whole thing. Just two.

Gary. Haddock.
Posted by: Doubled, January 2, 2015, 5:34pm; Reply: 13
Bull Dung!!!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 2, 2015, 5:37pm; Reply: 14
Rumours....

The only ones of any note I would say - - -  Fleetwood Mac's old album  ;)
Posted by: vuvuzela_hater, January 2, 2015, 5:42pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Rumours....

The only ones of any note I would say - - -  Fleetwood Mac's old album  ;)

Thunder only happens when it's raining...
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 2, 2015, 5:51pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from vuvuzela_hater

Thunder only happens when it's raining...

Or more in line with our current situation, so take note Mr Hurst!  :P

Players only love you when they're playing
Posted by: mariner91, January 2, 2015, 5:57pm; Reply: 17
Gary Haddock was nearly as big a divvy as Rattray. So I sincerely doubt it's true.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 2, 2015, 7:06pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from RoboCod

Gary. Haddock.

This. Right up there with Aaron rat face .

Btw whilst we're talking about idiot posters of yesteryear,what was the name of that tool who claimed to be some multi millionaire businessman who knew anybody and everybody as he played golf with them?
Posted by: Maringer, January 2, 2015, 7:08pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from forza ivano

Btw whilst we're talking about idiot posters of yesteryear,what was the name of that tool who claimed to be some multi millionaire businessman who knew anybody and everybody as he played golf with them?

John Fenty?  ;) :P :P
Posted by: GiveUsAG, January 2, 2015, 7:38pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from RoboCod

Gary. Haddock.

For everyone's information, it wasn't me who posted it (me being Gary Haddock). I've not been on here in a long time. But it was one of my admins who posted it. I assumed he'd got it from here, but I'll see if I can find out more from the guy.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, January 2, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 21
Just spoken to the guy, he said he heard from someone in the lower Findus, who is allegedly a reliable source.

But more likely to be words of a disgruntled fan looking for excuses as to why we've been "under achieving" and some believed it.  
Posted by: BIGChris, January 2, 2015, 7:54pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from GiveUsAG
Just spoken to the guy, he said he heard from someone in the lower Findus, who is allegedly a reliable source.

But more likely to be words of a disgruntled fan looking for excuses as to why we've been "under achieving" and some believed it.  

Perhaps 'your admin' can explain how a club goes into administration? I am sure it will make 'interesting' reading
Posted by: LH, January 2, 2015, 8:02pm; Reply: 23
A reliable source told me we're ready to outbid Man Utd for Gareth Bale.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, January 2, 2015, 8:08pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from BIGChris

Perhaps 'your admin' can explain how a club goes into administration? I am sure it will make 'interesting' reading

Hey, I'm just clearing up the fact I didn't start the rumour.

People are very judgemental these days.

I leave the fickle debates to the fickle fans. I'm just hoping for promotion, I don't care how we get it.  ;)
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 2, 2015, 8:10pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from tintowner

Someone is out of lives on candy crush?

Posted by: tintowner, January 2, 2015, 8:39pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from AdamHaddock

Someone is out of lives on candy crush?

Yep.......been notified a trillion times  :)

Posted by: gaz57, January 2, 2015, 8:46pm; Reply: 27
I always find Heinz to be a reliable sauce.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 2, 2015, 11:30pm; Reply: 28
Is this the same Gary who kept blathering on about how we would take 25,000 to the FAT final?
Posted by: GiveUsAG, January 2, 2015, 11:55pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry
Is this the same Gary who kept blathering on about how we would take 25,000 to the FAT final?

Yeah, it is. I were stupid and wrong, well done for catching up, but I admitted a long time ago I were wildly wrong.  ;)
Posted by: rancido, January 3, 2015, 4:39pm; Reply: 30
[quote=170]

Btw whilst we're talking about idiot posters of yesteryear,what was the name of that tool who claimed to be some multi millionaire businessman who knew anybody and everybody as he played golf with them?[/quote]

I think that was " Thebigeasy" but there were two or three posters around at the same time whose posts were on a similar vein.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 3, 2015, 4:47pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from rancido
[quote=170]

Btw whilst we're talking about idiot posters of yesteryear,what was the name of that tool who claimed to be some multi millionaire businessman who knew anybody and everybody as he played golf with them?[/quote]

I think that was " Thebigeasy" but there were two or three posters around at the same time whose posts were on a similar vein.

Thanks rancido.thats the bloke. Does anyone know who he actually was?

Btw thanks for Mariners guess of John fenty,made me nearly spit out my beer with laughter
Posted by: Meza, January 3, 2015, 9:44pm; Reply: 32
Who was the poster that said he would buy out fenty and his pic was on a dating site.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 3, 2015, 9:49pm; Reply: 33
Humbo?
Posted by: Meza, January 3, 2015, 9:55pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Abdul19
Humbo?

No not humbo.  
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 3, 2015, 10:34pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Meza
Who was the poster that said he would buy out fenty and his pic was on a dating site.

Was it Hammo, aka GILF Hunter.
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, January 3, 2015, 11:24pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from grimsby pete
Its not us,

John  would lose his loans.

Peter loans in the club have nil bearing on going into admin or not. THEY NEVER HAVE.

Admin has never been an option purely because it's about funding the future. Not funding loans being called on or debt of any sort RELATED TO GTFC

The only CALLABLE debt we have is with the bank and yes they could call shots but never while the club Is a going concern.

I.e. AS LONG AS SOME LUNATIC IS PREPARED TO FUND FOR-CAST / ACTUAL LOSSES.

IF YOU KNOW A LUNATIC PLEASE RECOMMEND OUR CLUB.  

MIGHT BE WORTH YOU GIVING THIS ONE A WIDE BIRTH AS I DONT REMOTELY CONSIDER MY LOANS/SHARES AT ALL.

WHY DOES ANYONE THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD!!!!! THEY MUST BE A LUNATIC

NOW THAT THERES PILLS FOR DEMENTIA , THEY MIGHT MAKE ONE FOR ME TO CURE LUNACY.   :o
Posted by: cardiffmariner, January 3, 2015, 11:43pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Peter loans in the club have nil bearing on going into admin or not. THEY NEVER HAVE.

Admin has never been an option purely because it's about funding the future. Not funding loans being called on or debt of any sort RELATED TO GTFC

The only CALLABLE debt we have is with the bank and yes they could call shots but never while the club Is a going concern.

MIGHT BE WORTH YOU GIVING THIS ONE A WIDE BIRTH AS I DONT REMOTELY CONSIDER MY LOANS/SHARES AT ALL.

NOW THAT THERES PILLS FOR DEMENTIA , THEY MIGHT MAKE ONE FOR ME TO CURE LUNACY.   :o

Post like this do you no favours, John. Please just let rumours be rumours rather than feeling the need to overuse the caps locks after a couple of vinos.

Perhaps the lunatics are those who continue to throw their hard earned cash at the club game after game in the same way you do.

If you really feel the way your post suggests then throw it in. Be done with it. That's better than bleating on a fans forum about how hard done by you are.

YOU are not the club, John. We are. It's just annoying we cannot do anything about the lunatic in charge.
Posted by: Alfie, January 3, 2015, 11:44pm; Reply: 38
oh god.
Posted by: chaos33, January 3, 2015, 11:50pm; Reply: 39
It's happened again.  :B (pinch)(no)
Posted by: LH, January 3, 2015, 11:50pm; Reply: 40
Inside voice, John! ;)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 4, 2015, 12:01am; Reply: 41
(wine)(wine)(wine)
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 4, 2015, 12:04am; Reply: 42
The time to review Hurst's position at the club will be and should be at the end of the season and on the basis of whether he has achieved promotion or not. If I felt that we won't get the play-offs with Hurst then I would also be calling for his head but I think we will get a play-off spot which is what is required of Hurst. People can moan and groan all they like  but do people honestly think that Hurst isn't trying his best to sort the problems out?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 4, 2015, 12:08am; Reply: 43
Where's FFS when you need him?

This all has a feel of things coming to a head.
Posted by: chaos33, January 4, 2015, 12:08am; Reply: 44
All that's required is that Hurst 'gets a play off place'. Really?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 4, 2015, 12:14am; Reply: 45
Quoted from 1739
The time to review Hurst's position at the club will be and should be at the end of the season and on the basis of whether he has achieved promotion or not. If I felt that we won't get the play-offs with Hurst then I would also be calling for his head but I think we will get a play-off spot which is what is required of Hurst. People can moan and groan all they like  but do people honestly think that Hurst isn't trying his best to sort the problems out?

Give me the job. I promise to try my best.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 4, 2015, 12:16am; Reply: 46
Quoted from ginnywings
Where's FFS when you need him?

This all has a feel of things coming to a head.

I sort of got that feeling too(Confused)
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 4, 2015, 12:16am; Reply: 47
Quoted from chaos33
All that's required is that Hurst 'gets a play off place'. Really?

With the budget that Hurst has been given then I would say finishing in the play-offs is what is required of Hurst. We should be aiming for top spot but realistically a play-off spot is the minimum expectation.  
Posted by: chaos33, January 4, 2015, 12:24am; Reply: 48
Promotion man! Promotion is, or should be, the f@cking objective. The play offs mean nothing if you just get there and get knocked out in the semi in the same fashion each year. Seriously, this lack of ambition and clear thinking is half the problem. In this division, first is everything and second is nowhere. All else is a lottery. Hurst's target should be to get us promoted. And he's had plenty of time.
Posted by: Grimal, January 4, 2015, 12:26am; Reply: 49

I'm sorry but I have a feeling we are all being sucked in here,I honestly don't believe GETYOURFACTSRIGHT is actually John Fenty.
I can't imagine a gentleman that is managing Director of a sizable company and Also is the major shareholder of a football club the size of Grimsby Town  could be responsible for these posts that spring up from time to time. He is well educated and the spelling and punctuations in the posts are not what you would expect from a person of Mr.Fentys standing. I may be wrong but that is how I see it.

Posted by: Quagmire, January 4, 2015, 12:28am; Reply: 50

I genuinely can't understand how you still retain some support from the fan base when you come out with stuff like this.  

Having a pop at the fans the other day was bad enough but this latest 'effort' (blink2)(blink2)

This is the voice of the man who runs the club .... And people wonder why we're in the mess we are in!!!  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 4, 2015, 12:28am; Reply: 51
Quoted from 1739

I will repeat myself, Hurst was warned at the start of the season by John Still and others on tv that Town need another top striker at this level                     ( have we already got one )      
He has done nothing to sort this out and barring two freak results we can't score more than one or two goals in any game if we are lucky.
Posted by: Quagmire, January 4, 2015, 12:31am; Reply: 52
Quoted from Grimal

I'm sorry but I have a feeling we are all being sucked in here,I honestly don't believe GETYOURFACTSRIGHT is actually John Fenty.
I can't imagine a gentleman that is managing Director of a sizable company and Also is the major shareholder of a football club the size of Grimsby Town  could be responsible for these posts that spring up from time to time. He is well educated and the spelling and punctuations in the posts are not what you would expect from a person of Mr.Fentys standing. I may be wrong but that is how I see it.

GrimRob confirmed that it is JF several weeks back.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 4, 2015, 12:36am; Reply: 53
Quoted from Grimal

I questioned it a while back with others ,rob says it is ?? What's punctuation anyway when you've had a few sherbets though(book)(book1)(book2)(book3)
Posted by: Grimal, January 4, 2015, 12:38am; Reply: 54
Quoted from Quagmire

GrimRob confirmed that it is JF several weeks back.

Yes I know he did but anyone can  join the Fishy with what ever details they wish to give. Perhaps Robs been sucked in.

Posted by: Grimal, January 4, 2015, 12:42am; Reply: 55
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I questioned it a while back with others ,rob says it is ?? What's punctuation anyway when you've had a few sherbets though(book)(book1)(book2)(book3)

Hic ,, ,,,,,...,,,,,,,,,.....,,,,..,,......,,,....,,,..,Hic,,,,..,.,.,..,.;; ;)

Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 4, 2015, 12:44am; Reply: 56
Promotion is what everyone at the club wants and is aiming for but if you were an outsider and saw that Hurst finished 4th in the league when he had been given the 4th biggest budget then I wouldn't say that he has failed but I would say he has done that what has asked of him.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 4, 2015, 12:47am; Reply: 57
Quoted from Grimal

Hic ,, ,,,,,...,,,,,,,,,.....,,,,..,,......,,,....,,,..,Hic,,,,..,.,.,..,.;; ;)

I dont drink personally I tend to do and say stupid things when I'm drunk
(hide1)
Posted by: chaos33, January 4, 2015, 12:49am; Reply: 58
Well GF, let me put it this way - if you believe he has been only charged with the responsibility of merely getting us into the top 5 regardless of outcome, we might expect him to retain his job if we are beaten in the play off semi, as usual. Either you're wrong, or Hurst and his employers are.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 4, 2015, 12:55am; Reply: 59
Quoted from 1739
Promotion is what everyone at the club wants and is aiming for but if you were an outsider and saw that Hurst finished 4th in the league when he had been given the 4th biggest budget then I wouldn't say that he has failed but I would say he has done that what has asked of him.

If I was a outsider and saw Grimsby town had lost to Gateshead in a 2 legged play off I'd think god they must be proper excrement nowadays. Winning managers have that extra 10% losing managers plod to expectation and nothing more. Hurst is a professional guy and I think a good guy but he will take us to the line not over it
Posted by: chaos33, January 4, 2015, 1:07am; Reply: 60
Agree
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 4, 2015, 1:12am; Reply: 61

If I was a outsider and saw Grimsby town had lost to Gateshead in a 2 legged play off I'd think god they must be proper excrement nowadays. Winning managers have that extra 10% losing managers plod to expectation and nothing more. Hurst is a professional guy and I think a good guy but he will take us to the line not over it

That is the problem and the sticking point.  I think the play-offs is about luck and that is why I think people calling for Hurst's head when we are in a solid and good position to get a play-off spot are harsh. I would be more than happy to take us being an average side all the way through the season and scraping into the play-offs providing we get the luck on our side when we are in there. I will be calling for Hursts head at the end of the season if we have not been promoted but to do it now is to soon IMO and I don't think it helps at all.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 4, 2015, 2:53am; Reply: 62
Quoted from Grimal

Yes I know he did but anyone can  join the Fishy with what ever details they wish to give. Perhaps Robs been sucked in.

I'm no computer expert but i imagine the IP address will tell Rob who is who.

As for spelling and punctuation, some of the most successful businessmen i know couldn't spell to save their lives. A talent for making money and being well educated don't necessarily go hand in hand.

I have no idea on JF's education by the way. Just postulating.
Posted by: GorgeousGeorge, January 4, 2015, 5:47am; Reply: 63
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm no computer expert but i imagine the IP address will tell Rob who is who.

As for spelling and punctuation, some of the most successful businessmen i know couldn't spell to save their lives. A talent for making money and being well educated don't necessarily go hand in hand.

I have no idea on JF's education by the way. Just postulating.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he's dyslexic.  This was confirmed around four years ago while he was at a football seminar in Germany.  Not being sure if the waitress in the hotel could understand English, JF wrote down his request for 'bratwurst' on a piece of paper.  Not sure if there is a link here but a few weeks later we got Paul Hurst,

Posted by: DocTower, January 4, 2015, 8:09am; Reply: 64
Quoted from 1739

That is the problem and the sticking point.  I think the play-offs is about luck and that is why I think people calling for Hurst's head when we are in a solid and good position to get a play-off spot are harsh. I would be more than happy to take us being an average side all the way through the season and scraping into the play-offs providing we get the luck on our side when we are in there. I will be calling for Hursts head at the end of the season if we have not been promoted but to do it now is to soon IMO and I don't think it helps at all.

I can't disagree with your comments , however as it appears to most fans he seems unable to motivate the players when needed . How would you feel when the axe is hanging over your head  knowing this .   Play offs as have been said is just luck on the day , unfortunately we have that strange ability not to get it when we need it most .

Gateshead Saturday , very low crowd , opposition I assume will want to put right yesterdays result .
Two of my colleagues haven't decided whether to go or not yet , still hurting from the last two games.

As one said " If they don't bother to turn up why should I "
Posted by: ackomariner, January 4, 2015, 9:13am; Reply: 65
You couldn't make this lot up, never known the fans of this club be so split like we are at the minute.

From what I heard at the end of the Macclesfield game , on here, on facebook, on two other sites on facebook, radio humberside on the way home from the Macclesfield game , I think the majority of people want a change.

I started a thread this time last year on this forum asking for change and were no further on, learnt nothing, still don't know our strongest team, formation , loan players that are not good enough, young lads not getting a sniff,

I've just about had enough tbh, then to top it off, jf has another rant. Shame he couldn't come on after the Macclesfield game when asked to give his thoughts on that performance , but chose to shy away
Posted by: BIGChris, January 4, 2015, 10:05am; Reply: 66
Totally and utterly embarrassing
Posted by: Garth, January 4, 2015, 10:20am; Reply: 67
Nearly man like Graham Taylor nice man if a little stubborn and arrogant IMO,  resulting in alienating the fans and as such driving wedges between board and paying public, the fact that he is relying on promotion to keep his job makes him cautious in his choice of players and tactics.

Call me negative if you like but its a mix that's doomed to another failure and possibly exit stage left of the chief shareholder,-- solution? another manager now,  that would at least create some excitement and hope with new players of his choice in the transfer window but at the risk to JF that he could choose the wrong man, or stick with what seems a condemned man.

Personally I would be excited at the risk of a new man, but also nervous that it might be a step too far too soon, step forward a risk taker while I step back
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 4, 2015, 10:59am; Reply: 68

It is great that you do interact with the fans, and when you post it is as a fan but also a director with inside knowledge of the club.  The downside of you posting as an informed fan, is you hold a position within the club.  This means that when you post, you are representing the club. I fully understand that in the heat of the moment you will post from time to time something you can't retract before people read it and make judgements. It is these postings that degrade your image, standing and give foundations that the club is being poorly run.

The rumour had already been exposed as rubbish and if you needed to make a statement all that was needed was a simple 'There is no truth on this', not the rant above.

As a Town fan since 79, I have seen the tough and bad times and my underlining fear is things will get worse.  PH may be meeting the clubs objectives with getting into the play off's but it will not be in the manner that is required to go up and stay up.

The home performances and results overall are not good or convincing enough that this club has winning ambitions. Injuries always play a part in the majority of teams it is how you adapt to that and to coin a new phrase PH has buffer face as far as who is required to make us a force. You said in a previous post that we are on course as we beat Macclesfield away but then we went on to turn in an even worse performance than the one against Lincoln.

Your tenure so far isn't going to make good reading in years to come, this is your legacy, it is still in your control.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 4, 2015, 11:03am; Reply: 69
Quoted from BIGChris
Totally and utterly embarrassing

which part ?
Posted by: Tommy, January 4, 2015, 11:08am; Reply: 70
Quoted from 1739

Completely disagree that the play-offs is about luck.

The only difference between games in the play-offs and any other game is the extra pressure. So rather than luck, it requires a bit more bottle than normal.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 4, 2015, 11:44am; Reply: 71

Just what the hell is going on?

Assuming this really is Mr.Fenty this is no way to run a professional football club.

A lunatic with an over sized ego is doing us no favours at all.

How many years is it now we have just gone from one embarrassing incident to another? Surely it would be better to restructure the non playing side to bring some order to bear even if you still want to be the main man?

We surely cannot go on with you having late night rants at genuine supporters.

I am saying all of the above in the belief that Rob is right and it is Mr.Fenty, but I cannot understand how the radio or press haven't picked up on it if it is?    
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 4, 2015, 11:54am; Reply: 72

Assuming this really is Mr.Fenty this is no way to run a professional football club.

How many years is it now we have just gone from one embarrassing incident to another? Surely it would be better to restructure the non playing side to bring some order to bear even if you still want to be the main man?

I am saying all of the above in the belief that Rob is right and it is Mr.Fenty, but I cannot understand how the radio or press haven't picked up on it if it is?    

Not sure national media would care to much tbh and radio hull are used to fentys rants ( if it is him) so can't see burnsey being arsed
Posted by: Alfie, January 4, 2015, 12:13pm; Reply: 73

Mr. Fenty's rantings and ravings on here are just exposing to the wider public what many already knew.

This latest debacle is just one in a long, long line of embarrassments the bloke has served up.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, January 4, 2015, 12:14pm; Reply: 74
All of this because a disgruntled fan made up some lame rumour, which found it's way to Facebook?  :o
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 4, 2015, 12:16pm; Reply: 75

Why does anyone throw good money after bad?

Several reasons. For instance

- guilt at making a such a pig's ear of managerial appointments and being largely instrumental in getting the club into the excrement.
- ambition to be remembered as the one who continued to bankroll the club come what may until it folded or got promoted.
- pleasure and sado-masochism of being in charge of a football club, what a conversation piece that would be over the vino.
- genuine love of the club and desire to see it making its way up the leagues. (warning - this may be delusional!)

If your loans don't matter and the bank won't foreclose anytime soon, perhaps you would give us the benefit of your wisdom as to why nobody wants to join you in taking the club back where it belongs?

Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 4, 2015, 12:20pm; Reply: 76

Amongst all the questionable things you have done, this is probably the most questionable. I'm not sure that anyone who reads this will have much faith in a major shareholder that puts such matters in the public domain like this. In fact, maybe this whole thread ought to be removed asap.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 4, 2015, 12:26pm; Reply: 77
I love these threads! we just need a few contributions from Wayne, ffs and a couple of 80 s glory essays to complete the circus  ;D
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 4, 2015, 12:26pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Amongst all the questionable things you have done, this is probably the most questionable. I'm not sure that anyone who reads this will have much faith in a major shareholder that puts such matters in the public domain like this. In fact, maybe this whole thread ought to be removed asap.

If it's the most questionable thing he's done why would you want the thread deleted? I'm assuming it is john and I'm interested in what the majority shareholder as to say about MY club
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 4, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 79

If it's the most questionable thing he's done why would you want the thread deleted? I'm assuming it is john and I'm interested in what the majority shareholder as to say about MY club

Because it's HIS club! He made clear the other day what he thinks about the fans, you know the people who are the paying customers!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 4, 2015, 12:44pm; Reply: 80
Oh dear!
Posted by: GorgeousGeorge, January 4, 2015, 1:13pm; Reply: 81
When BPvicar posts a load of emotional bollox after a few too many he always holds his hand up.  I used to work in the IT industry and the standing joke aimed at the IT/hardware knowledge or common sense deficient types, was to 'put it in a box and send it to a grown up'.  Perhaps there's a lesson their.  Besides....... weren't Scott and Hust supposed to be the ones using computers?
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 4, 2015, 1:45pm; Reply: 82
Mr Fenty please do yourself a favour and read Coriolanus as a matter of urgency please.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 4, 2015, 1:53pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from friskneymariner
Mr Fenty please do yourself a favour and read Coriolanus as a matter of urgency please.

I'm not fentys biggest fan but I don't want him  assisinated
Posted by: RoboCod, January 4, 2015, 2:19pm; Reply: 84

Oh, finding lunatics is easy! A quick Google search found this..

Grimsby1 - 2 Macclesfield

Ref: Adrian Holmes
Att: 3,400-odd lunatics
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 4, 2015, 2:29pm; Reply: 85

So the trick is to make sure GTFC is a going concern - I'm sure all of the fans on this thread want this to be the case. It is case of recognising that improvement to the team's fortunes is continuous and that adjustments can be made at all levels (during the season)  to enhance those fortunes - rather than consider this as an annual event.

Posted by: arryarryarry, January 4, 2015, 2:33pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from friskneymariner

I think I've seen that DVD.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 4, 2015, 2:36pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think I've seen that DVD.

Is it on red Tube?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 4, 2015, 4:53pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from MuddyWaters

A better idea might be to print out his comment and circulate it as a handout at the next home game.
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 4, 2015, 5:20pm; Reply: 89
I just don't understand why so many people jump down John's throat whenever he shows his head on here. It must be rare even in clubs of this level to have reasonably direct access to the chairman of the club and I never (personally) think he says things that are excessively inflammatory or offensive. I mean jesus - some of the vitriol levelled at him on here over the years would be enough to make your toes curl!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 4, 2015, 5:38pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from chicaneuk
I just don't understand why so many people jump down John's throat whenever he shows his head on here. It must be rare even in clubs of this level to have reasonably direct access to the chairman of the club and I never (personally) think he says things that are excessively inflammatory or offensive. I mean jesus - some of the vitriol levelled at him on here over the years would be enough to make your toes curl!

I suggest you re-read his comments about the fans. Any person running a business who blames his customers for what is going wrong is barking up the wrong tree.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 4, 2015, 5:54pm; Reply: 91
Just caught up with this thread,

Yes it is John Fenty that replied to my post,

I have spoken to John at two away games and he is Getyourfactsright,

I do not see a problem with John coming on here showing he is a fan as well as a director,

In fact I think its good that he wants to.
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 4, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I suggest you re-read his comments about the fans. Any person running a business who blames his customers for what is going wrong is barking up the wrong tree.

It's a tough one. At the end of the day the fortune of the club rests at the feet of the players and the manager - I totally understand that. But I went to the Lincoln game and was stunned at how with over 7,000 people in the ground, you could virtually hear a pin drop, and the Lincoln fans could be heard quite loudly over the home support. What sort of message that sends to the players, I don't know, but it can't help.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 4, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from chicaneuk

It's a tough one. At the end of the day the fortune of the club rests at the feet of the players and the manager - I totally understand that. But I went to the Lincoln game and was stunned at how with over 7,000 people in the ground, you could virtually hear a pin drop, and the Lincoln fans could be heard quite loudly over the home support. What sort of message that sends to the players, I don't know, but it can't help.

Fans need something to cheer about,

Maybe they have seen too many false dawns.

We are in a catch 22 situation,

The fans need to see some attacking action / goals before they cheer,

BUT

The players might need some encouragement before they can find top gear.

Anybody got the answer ?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 4, 2015, 6:12pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from chicaneuk

I get your point but then again the message I got from the players both against Lincoln and again against Macclesfield was that they didn't want it as bad as their opponents

All the encouragement in the world counts for nothing if the players don't respond to the occasion

It's a problem that's not going to go away any time soon at  BP  because a lot of us fans know that even when we get behind the team it seems to fall on deaf ears and they don't seem to get any motivation from what support there is
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 4, 2015, 6:18pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from chicaneuk

Are we on some sort of loop here?

We have dropped through the divisions like a stone and have now been a non league team for 5 seasons and are basically b******d; all under the watchful eye of our esteemed leader.

Even so, 7000 turn up for a non league game, having paid £18 or thereabouts for the privelage, and all that seems to matter is the Lincoln fans (who were on a nice day out) made more noise than us?  

Don't you think a better idea than blaming loyal fans (noisy or otherwise) would be to ask those in authority what they intend to do to start reversing our fortunes?
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 4, 2015, 6:23pm; Reply: 96
It is a real dilemma, no doubt about it. Not looking to get into any arguments here or anything.. just trying to put across another point of view on things.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 4, 2015, 6:34pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from chicaneuk
It is a real dilemma, no doubt about it. Not looking to get into any arguments here or anything.. just trying to put across another point of view on things.

It's not an unreasonable point but blaming your paying customers for your own mistakes is clearly wrong.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 4, 2015, 6:57pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from chicaneuk

Other points of view are great for a healthy debate, the problem we have, is the frustrations of constantly being let down are coming to the surface and boiling over.

JF to PH are not proactive they are reactive, but the problem doesn't stop there, blaming fans is wasted energy that could be put to good use getting this team motivated and in a serious title contender position.
Posted by: FFS, January 4, 2015, 8:00pm; Reply: 99

FFS
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 4, 2015, 8:11pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from chicaneuk

Oh give me strength, not another trying to blame the fans.
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 4, 2015, 8:17pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from arryarryarry

Oh give me strength, not another trying to blame the fans.

Not at all. I can't say I was singing either.. in fact I don't think I raised my voice more than a few times, and that was mostly out of frustration with how we were playing :(
Posted by: DocTower, January 4, 2015, 8:26pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from chicaneuk

Not at all. I can't say I was singing either.. in fact I don't think I raised my voice more than a few times, and that was mostly out of frustration with how we were playing :(

None of our group did either . Just out of interest which of our present squad excites you when he gets the ball .  Who was the last player over the past few years , only Hearn .
Posted by: darren9, January 4, 2015, 8:38pm; Reply: 103
Somewhere in Blundell park there's an office marked 'PR' ... Probably at the back of the cleaning cupboard or somewhere.

In this office they've probably been feeling pretty happy. The Lloyd and Thomas Turgoose vids have done well and the Lennie vid has gone viral and everything.

Twitter interaction has improved and the club is communicating well with the fans.

Then our beloved major shareholder gets a fishy login.

Someone should take all his post Christmas alcohol off him cancel his Internet.

I guess that PR/cleaner guy will be banging his head off the wall/mop cupboard come 9am.
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 4, 2015, 8:50pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from DocTower

None of our group did either . Just out of interest which of our present squad excites you when he gets the ball .  Who was the last player over the past few years , only Hearn .

That's a tough question. Frankly we haven't seen a striker of Hearn's quality since he left the club. There's a few players I rate in terms of being pretty solid - Thomas, Magnay, and Pearson. And when he's on form, Neilson is brilliant and can play football of a quality that is above this league.. but he's seemed off the boil for a while now :(
Posted by: forza ivano, January 4, 2015, 11:34pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from FFS

FFS

Good to see you back mate.as usual you have summed it up succinctly,but perfectly
Posted by: ska face, January 4, 2015, 11:47pm; Reply: 106
This is what happens when you allow the 'majority shareholder' to surround himself with people who won't dare question him. Do you reckon anyone at GTFC will be knocking on his door in the morning, asking what the flipping hell he was thinking AGAIN?
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 5, 2015, 12:08am; Reply: 107
Quoted from ska face
This is what happens when you allow the 'majority shareholder' to surround himself with people who won't dare question him. Do you reckon anyone at GTFC will be knocking on his door in the morning, asking what the flipping hell he was thinking AGAIN?

If this is the case, it is very unhealthy. Hopefully, there are independent advisors -  (this website as far as I can ascertain) giving a feedback to the directors as they see it.

4th does appear to be an illusion at this point - where are the goals for the second half of the season going to come from? No one, apart from Ross Hannah, has been goals prolific in previous seasons.
Posted by: pizzzza, January 5, 2015, 7:12am; Reply: 108
Quoted from ska face

But isn't this why there are two Trust members on the board,  to represent fans views at this level and ask these sort of questions?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 5, 2015, 7:13am; Reply: 109
Quoted from Teestogreen

4th does appear to be an illusion at this point - where are the goals for the second half of the season going to come from? No one, apart from Ross Hannah, has been goals prolific in previous seasons.

Illusion or delusion?
Posted by: Maringer, January 5, 2015, 7:42am; Reply: 110
Quoted from Teestogreen

4th does appear to be an illusion at this point - where are the goals for the second half of the season going to come from?

We do have a striker who is currently 4th in the scoring charts, you know. Perhaps he will score a few more?
Posted by: DocTower, January 5, 2015, 9:11am; Reply: 111
Quoted from Maringer

We do have a striker who is currently 4th in the scoring charts, you know. Perhaps he will score a few more?

Perhaps he might , but not in the quantities we want .
Posted by: Mariners_15, January 5, 2015, 10:07am; Reply: 112
Quoted from ackomariner
You couldn't make this lot up, never known the fans of this club be so split like we are at the minute.

From what I heard at the end of the Macclesfield game , on here, on facebook, on two other sites on facebook, radio humberside on the way home from the Macclesfield game , I think the majority of people want a change.

I started a thread this time last year on this forum asking for change and were no further on, learnt nothing, still don't know our strongest team, formation , loan players that are not good enough, young lads not getting a sniff,

I've just about had enough tbh, then to top it off, jf has another rant. Shame he couldn't come on after the Macclesfield game when asked to give his thoughts on that performance , but chose to shy away

Great post Acko, you sound about as fed up as I currently am. Not sure about anybody else but going to BP this season just hasn't really been an enjoyable thing to do anymore for me, still I turn up every game and try and support the team.
Posted by: Maringer, January 5, 2015, 10:09am; Reply: 113
With the number of games left, if LJL continues his current scoring rate, he'll be on 20 league goals by the end of the season. That would be his job done. The problem seems to be getting goals from the other strikers.
Posted by: barralad, January 5, 2015, 9:18pm; Reply: 114
Quoted from DocTower

Perhaps he might , but not in the quantities we want .

If he scores 20 he will have been an unqualified success. We haven't had many that have reached that landmark in the last 17 years!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 6, 2015, 2:48pm; Reply: 115
Quoted from 1739

I'd love to see this list of club budgets that people keep talking about.

Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 6, 2015, 3:38pm; Reply: 116
we have 'one of the biggest budgets' and in the last 2 season have made the play-offs.

FGR, spend i would say at least double ours and don't make the play-offs, that is what i would class as a failure
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 6, 2015, 3:44pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
we have 'one of the biggest budgets' and in the last 2 season have made the play-offs.

FGR, spend i would say at least double ours and don't make the play-offs, that is what i would class as a failure

Don't want to be rude but what FGR do with their budget is up to them. I'm more interested in what we do with ours.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 6, 2015, 4:19pm; Reply: 118
.............................. and more goals from the rest of the team (Disley apart).
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 6, 2015, 4:39pm; Reply: 119
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Don't want to be rude but what FGR do with their budget is up to them. I'm more interested in what we do with ours.

also Don't want to be rude, but alot of talk on this forum is about others, Ched Evans, Akinfenwa...

was simply stating that while we haven't got promoted liked we all hoped, we haven't failed as badly as people are making out
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 6, 2015, 4:44pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

also Don't want to be rude, but alot of talk on this forum is about others, Ched Evans, Akinfenwa...

was simply stating that while we haven't got promoted liked we all hoped, we haven't failed as badly as people are making out

My point is that teams get promotion on budgets both big and small - it's how it's spent that counts. Also remember that, other than clubs who have remained in the Prem, we are one of the clubs that has gone longest without promotion - 17 seasons without success.
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 6, 2015, 5:24pm; Reply: 121
I'm staggered at that,  Old Codger - consider myself fortunate to have a long memory.

UTM

Also, I hope LJL does score 20 + goals - he has far exceeded his goals tally for previous seasons already.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 6, 2015, 6:30pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

On what basis would you say that? If I recall correctly our turnover is a couple of million with a deficit of a few hundred k p.a.. Given our gate is about 3 times FGR's, their benefactor must therefore be chipping in about £4m a year to make their budget double ours.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 5:58pm