He can not do any worse,

He might even get us playing attractive football,

If we do no better,

What have we lost ?

A year of Hurst's wages?
Posted by: grimps, January 2, 2015, 2:29pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from GrimRob

A year of Hurst's wages?

We'd make that up with a couple of decent crowds looking to see some exciting football  ;)
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, January 2, 2015, 2:51pm; Reply: 3
Doig really Pete?! Fenty has been hammered on here for recruiting from within.

If we do twist, which I don't see happening, it has to be someone experienced and better than Hurst.

Many will slate me for this but we have a top 5 budget so IF we finish in top 5 Hurst will have matched expectations set out by the board. Performances have been poor at times this season but we are probably all guilty of watching during the Buckley era when the football was great and we were well and truly punching above our weight.
Many on here on not exactly pro-Hurst, I understand and partly agree, but the one thing that any professional sports person should give is 100%, and yes a coach should motivate, but the Players must accept they are to blame when the effort is lacking. Hurst has bought players in this season that the majority were buzzing about Brown, Toto, Magnay, Pittman, Arnold, Mackreth etc. These have all had the same Manager/coach this season Magnay and Toto to lesser extent Pittman have done well the others have had patchy form and at times effort is lacking.
UTM
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 2, 2015, 3:23pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete
Who is for the cheap option ?

Get rid of hurst now,

Put Doig in charge to the end of the season,

He can not do any worse,

He might even get us playing attractive football,

If we do no better,

What have we lost ?

Really?  We are 4th not 14th. Win a couple of games and you'll be bleating about how we are going to win the league. As if making a rookie assistant the manager till the end of the season is a good plan. We have a couple of weeks to get the injured back and improve the squad for a play off push. Sacking the manager would be the wrong decision IMO, sacking him and giving the job to Doig would be crazy.
Posted by: misterx, January 2, 2015, 3:27pm; Reply: 5
Agree it would be crazy....as is the idea that anyone would think we could still win the league  ;D
Posted by: Hagrid, January 2, 2015, 3:28pm; Reply: 6
another pointless " have a go at hurst thread" not having a go at you pete but its endless! cant we all just move on now and look forward to the gateshead game
Posted by: ginnywings, January 2, 2015, 3:51pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
another pointless " have a go at hurst thread" not having a go at you pete but its endless! cant we all just move on now and look forward to the gateshead game

Therein lies the problem. Very few look forward to going to BP at the moment.

I was at a New Years Eve party among 7 Town fans. Only 3 of us went to the game next day. One of those missing is a STH.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 2, 2015, 8:46pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Really?  We are 4th not 14th. Win a couple of games and you'll be bleating about how we are going to win the league. .

That's the second time in a month you have told me what I will be saying in the future,

Can you see in the future ?

If so tell us where we will finish at the end of the season?

I have no faith in Hurst and that will not change,

He has had his time and he has come up wanting.

My point of having Doig was it would not cost us any money, Hurst would be paid whatever,

We have got nothing to lose imo.

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 2, 2015, 9:16pm; Reply: 9
A place in the play offs to lose? We are sat in one though many seem to have forgotten that. The football is dour at the moment and the last two results disappointing but we're still in with a very good chance of the play offs and with a play off place comes a chance of promotion regardless of what has happened in the past two seasons. We do have something to lose by placing someone with no managerial experience in charge.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 3:31pm