Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ackomariner, January 1, 2015, 9:03pm
Lowest attendance on New Years day for a game at bp ever?

Sure someone will tell me
Posted by: BIGChris, January 1, 2015, 9:53pm; Reply: 1
Possibly but New Years Day hasn't been a Bank Holiday in England for long. From memory I'd guess around the mid 1970's???
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 1, 2015, 10:01pm; Reply: 2
In the end the core support will dwindle, its held up very well considering the rubbish we've had to put up with for so long
Posted by: misterx, January 1, 2015, 10:05pm; Reply: 3
Wondering if anyone is going to come on here and post we can still catch Barnet ;D :( ; ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 1, 2015, 10:08pm; Reply: 4
The 1st New Years Day Bank Holiday was in 1974,

Todays attendance was the lowest ever at Blundell Park for that day,

Well done Hurst, that's one 1st you have got.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 1, 2015, 10:09pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from misterx
Wondering if anyone is going to come on here and post we can still catch Barnet ;D :( ; ;D

They have a rival for the title its just not us(wallbash)(wallbash2)
Posted by: ackomariner, January 1, 2015, 10:10pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete

Shocking news then Pete
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 1, 2015, 10:11pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from grimsby pete

My first match was 1974 the whole thing is heartbreak ing Pete
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 1, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ackomariner

Shocking news then Pete

Fenty will realise soon how much money Hurst is costing him

We will not get a 4,000 gate again this season,

In fact when we play the top team Barnet,

We will be lucky to get 3,000

A lot will stay at home and watch it on TV,

If its rubbish at least they can change the channel.
Posted by: BIGChris, January 1, 2015, 10:26pm; Reply: 9
Budget is based on 3200/3300 average attendance.

We currently average 3578 but that is likely to reduce unless we really turn the corner, score lots of goals and win at BP
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 1, 2015, 10:38pm; Reply: 10
Sub 3,000 will be the norm if things do not change,

Then Fenty will act.
Posted by: barralad, January 1, 2015, 10:42pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ackomariner

Shocking news then Pete

Not really...you'd expect the Lincoln games to exceed that figure. Prior to that it was Mansfield and before that it was games in the Football League....
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 1, 2015, 10:46pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimsby pete
Sub 3,000 will be the norm if things do not change,

Then Fenty will act.

While we are hovering round the play offs Pete I think fenty will sit tight regardless of gates but if mid table starts looming then I'd expect the axe to fall
Posted by: Zmariner, January 2, 2015, 12:46am; Reply: 13
I have been a loyal season ticket home fan for years. Today if I had not had a season ticket I would not have gone. I will not go to the Gateshead game , normally I would, but I will not pay any more to watch this team. We are garbage at home. Forest Green were a bit unlucky as well. We get dominated in midfield and create little. In short I am bored to tears watching Town and I certainly do not expect a lot. I bet I am not alone in this apathy but I expect a committed home team that can string 3 passes together. After 5 home defeats I have seen enough and only my season ticket keeps me going as this is rotten entertainment UTM
Posted by: chaos33, January 2, 2015, 9:29am; Reply: 14
Sad to read but there it is - some primary evidence of how things look to committed fans.  :-/
Posted by: Garth, January 2, 2015, 9:39am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Zmariner
I have been a loyal season ticket home fan for years. Today if I had not had a season ticket I would not have gone. I will not go to the Gateshead game , normally I would, but I will not pay any more to watch this team. We are garbage at home. Forest Green were a bit unlucky as well. We get dominated in midfield and create little. In short I am bored to tears watching Town and I certainly do not expect a lot. I bet I am not alone in this apathy but I expect a committed home team that can string 3 passes together. After 5 home defeats I have seen enough and only my season ticket keeps me going as this is rotten entertainment UTM

This to a tee, I have refrained from posting for a while after the match thinking it might feel better, it does not and I have this feeling that JF was a little premature in his comments regarding backing his manager and pushing himself into a corner.
I like others are expecting something to happen in the transfer market to enable us to stay at least in the playoffs, I thought Watson did OK by the way in his little cameo in a (Pearson excepted) sh1te team performance yesterday
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 2, 2015, 9:42am; Reply: 16
I won't be going back to Blundell park in a hurry and I thought I'd never say that, I am sick of feeling let down, don't get me wrong I can take a Town losing but it's the in the manner they are losing, we seem to run out of ideas and have no plan B.

This season is just passing us by, if we did make the playoffs I think we would bottle it like seasons gone by.
Posted by: ackomariner, January 2, 2015, 9:52am; Reply: 17
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I won't be going back to Blundell park in a hurry and I thought I'd never say that, I am sick of feeling let down, don't get me wrong I can take a Town losing but it's the in the manner they are losing, we seem to run out of ideas and have no plan B.

This season is just passing us by, if we did make the playoffs I think we would bottle it like seasons gone by.

Tbh Chris if things don't change, I can't see us even making the playoffs. We only just got into them last season with one game to spare.

At the end of the day goals win games and we haven't got the strike force to do this on a regular basis.

Take yesterday, one of LJL efforts on goal cleared the roof of the osmond stand, and that's the problem. I don't like LJL, but got to give him credit for his goals so far this season upto now but he still misses far to many chances imo
Posted by: Garth, January 2, 2015, 9:54am; Reply: 18
Quoted from BIGChris
Budget is based on 3200/3300 average attendance.

We currently average 3578 but that is likely to reduce unless we really turn the corner, score lots of goals and win at BP

7100 Xmas day minus 800 Gimps equals 6300  minus 3500 New Years Day equals 2800 missing bums on seats

2800 times approx. average £15 equals £42000 or there abouts,   the cost of an average loan players wages I would have thought

Now that's the Hurt
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 2, 2015, 10:45am; Reply: 19
It's amazing given our home form we are still in a play off position. Whether that is down to luck or not I don't know as I can't afford away fixtures but if we had performed like we have done at home we would be in the bottom half of the table. I only hope we can turn this around soon and at least beat Barnet at home just to prove we can beat the best in this god awful league. On the evidence thus far it don't look good. We need some heroes on the pitch at B.P. What we don't need is a egoistic chairman/director coming on here giving snide remark's "bit quite on here" and blaming fans for a lack of backing and apathy. Imho some of the players have also been guilty of that and that echo's what the crowd feel. Pearce is the only one at the back who looks in charge and bothered for instance.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 2, 2015, 11:02am; Reply: 20
Quoted from cmackenzie4

It's sad that someone who clearly has Town at heart feels this way - hopefully Chris you'll have a change of heart but I know where you're coming from

For me, going to see Town play right now is about as enthralling as looking forward to going to the dentists!  :D

I'm glad in some ways it will be a couple of weeks before we go back to the park for a league game but what to expect? More of the same and we really will be down in the dumps, play off position or not  :-/

I was hoping that Lincoln was just a local derby blip and that we'd get back on track yesterday. I never thought that Macc would be easy meat especially after we took the points there and then they got rolled over at Brizzle, so getting past them and their just wanting to halt their mini slide should have been difficult, but we made it so easy for them to take the three points yesterday

Anyway hope (and that's all it is rather than a belief) we can get back to winning ways and we can salvage some sort of pride in the next month or two to give us something to make us not want to give up on the team and you find yourself wanting to go again

So one way or another more of a Happy New Year than yesterday's crappy new year...

Posted by: ginnywings, January 2, 2015, 11:08am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
It's amazing given our home form we are still in a play off position. Whether that is down to luck or not I don't know as I can't afford away fixtures but if we had performed like we have done at home we would be in the bottom half of the table. I only hope we can turn this around soon and at least beat Barnet at home just to prove we can beat the best in this god awful league. On the evidence thus far it don't look good. We need some heroes on the pitch at B.P. What we don't need is a egoistic chairman/director coming on here giving snide remark's "bit quite on here" and blaming fans for a lack of backing and apathy. Imho some of the players have also been guilty of that and that echo's what the crowd feel. Pearce is the only one at the back who looks in charge and bothered for instance.

Spot on. How Arnold got into the side again after his dismal showing against Lincoln, god only knows. When i got to the ground and saw he was playing, i was gobsmacked. He seems better suited to hairdressing. Paddy must be fuming sat watching loan players underperforming, whilst he is never given a chance. I know he's not really a left sided player but i'm sure he would have made a better fist of it than Arnold did. He was shockingly bad.
Posted by: davmariner, January 2, 2015, 12:57pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Sadly, I think a lot of fans are feeling like this.

Even if we do get to the playoffs, I'm not sure that there is a belief that we can clever enough to navigate them. An abysmal home record has cost us in the last two playoff seasons and that problem still doesn't like anywhere near being rectified.  
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 2, 2015, 4:27pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Garth

7100 Xmas day minus 800 Gimps equals 6300  minus 3500 New Years Day equals 2800 missing bums on seats

2800 times approx. average £15 equals £42000 or there abouts,   the cost of an average loan players wages I would have thought

Now that's the Hurt

Shockingly that is just a one off game Garth, how much have we potentially lost over the course of the season so far due to our poor home form.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:52pm