Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: StickfordMariner, January 1, 2015, 7:31pm
Been mentioned many many times but seeing as the Hurst out campaign is in full swing who would you have or want as manager ??
Posted by: Grimal, January 1, 2015, 7:43pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from StickfordMariner
Been mentioned many many times but seeing as the Hurst out campaign is in full swing who would you have or want as manager ??

Carl Magnay as player manager, good footballing brain. I think he's the sort of person that could motivate the team and also has respect for and from the Town fans.
Posted by: davmariner, January 1, 2015, 7:46pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Grimal

Carl Magnay as player manager, good footballing brain. I think he's the sort of person that could motivate the team and also has respect for and from the Town fans.

That's got to be a joke, surely?
Posted by: GrimRob, January 1, 2015, 7:46pm; Reply: 3
Nobody new is going to come until this season is done and dusted at the very earliest so what's the point in speculating?
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 1, 2015, 7:49pm; Reply: 4
We can't take the risk of a player finding out if he is a manager while at Town. Been down that route before and look where that got us.
It has to be a proven manager at this level when it happens.
Posted by: Grimal, January 1, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from davmariner

That's got to be a joke, surely?

No !  not a joke but think he could do a better job than what we have at the moment but perhaps to young at 26 to be thinking of going into management.

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 1, 2015, 7:56pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from GrimRob
Nobody new is going to come until this season is done and dusted at the very earliest so what's the point in speculating?

Its a fans forum about gtfc speculation is all us fans have left
Posted by: gtfc82, January 1, 2015, 7:57pm; Reply: 7
If it's not a joke, then it's a ridiculous suggestion! Magnay's managerial experience is absolutely zero!  Love him as a player, but not management material!
Posted by: StickfordMariner, January 1, 2015, 7:58pm; Reply: 8
The only fun we have at the minute is speculation
Posted by: Grimal, January 1, 2015, 8:04pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from gtfc82
If it's not a joke, then it's a ridiculous suggestion! Magnay's managerial experience is absolutely zero!  Love him as a player, but not management material!

You want to read the heading of this thread, no one mentioned it being a suggestion. After watching todays sh!t you would think the one we have got has absolutely ZERO managerial experience.

Posted by: Doubled, January 1, 2015, 8:12pm; Reply: 10
Paul Hurst
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), January 1, 2015, 8:13pm; Reply: 11
John holmes
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 1, 2015, 8:14pm; Reply: 12
Attila The Hun, he might motivate the players into world beaters.
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), January 1, 2015, 8:19pm; Reply: 13
Enoch Powell one of the greatest Britains's ever to have lived.
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, January 1, 2015, 8:49pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from 2578
John holmes

dont we have a big enough male private in charge already?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 1, 2015, 8:59pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from GrimRob

No harm in dreaming though is there ?
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, January 1, 2015, 9:02pm; Reply: 16
Jonnyboy you just want someone else so he drops The Shop to save your hotdog performance' ;)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 1, 2015, 9:06pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Jonnyboy you just want someone else so he drops The Shop to save your hotdog performance' ;)

haha  #droptheshop
Posted by: gtfc82, January 1, 2015, 9:09pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Grimal

You want to read the heading of this thread, no one mentioned it being a suggestion.

The heading is "who would you have?" And asks "who would you have or want as manager??". You said Carl Magnay! If that's not a suggestion then I don't know what is!  :-/
Posted by: barralad, January 1, 2015, 9:11pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from 2578
Enoch Powell one of the greatest Britains's ever to have lived.

Was that before or after he told Tory voters to vote Labour in the 1974 election(s)?
Posted by: davmariner, January 1, 2015, 9:46pm; Reply: 20
Hypothetical I know, but what's Paul Cox up to these days?
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 1, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 21
Kevin Keegan  8)
Posted by: Quagmire, January 1, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 22
Sean O'Driscoll
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 1, 2015, 10:06pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Quagmire
Sean O'Driscoll

Buckley type football (clap2)(clap2) but with our squad (rant)(rant)
Posted by: Tom13, January 1, 2015, 11:26pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from davmariner
Hypothetical I know, but what's Paul Cox up to these days?

Christ, his long throws and just general hoofball would lead to some having a breakdown on here!
Posted by: ackomariner, January 1, 2015, 11:32pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Tom13

Christ, his long throws and just general hoofball would lead to some having a breakdown on here!

Just the long throws then Tom as we play hoofball anyway  ;)
Posted by: Tom13, January 1, 2015, 11:57pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from ackomariner

Just the long throws then Tom as we play hoofball anyway  ;)

Tbh if it meant we could sign the brilliantly-named Exodus Geohaghon to throw it in count me in!  ;D
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 2, 2015, 12:01am; Reply: 27
Hurst still has the job, not really a necessary thread yet. I would stick with him at least till the end of the season.
Posted by: Grimal, January 2, 2015, 12:11am; Reply: 28
Quoted from gtfc82

The heading is "who would you have?" And asks "who would you have or want as manager??". You said Carl Magnay! If that's not a suggestion then I don't know what is!  :-/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The heading is "who would you have ? " and asks " who would you have or want as manager ?? " It doesn't ask who I would suggest.
I'm not suggesting to anyone or trying to psychologically guide or persuade anyone that Carl Magnay should or could be Town manager.
I was stating that's who I would have or want as Our manager.

.Read the meaning of suggestion below,

Suggestion is the psychological process by which one person guides the thoughts, feelings, or behaviour of another.
Posted by: Neilo83, January 2, 2015, 9:44am; Reply: 29
Buckley till the end of the season.
Posted by: chaos33, January 2, 2015, 10:25am; Reply: 30
For the 800th time - he has RETIRED. He is not a football manager.
Posted by: Neilo83, January 2, 2015, 11:16am; Reply: 31
Quoted from chaos33
For the 800th time - he has RETIRED. He is not a football manager.

Couldn't give 2 shits, he'd have this team playing better then the clown that we have in charge at the minute.. What's to lose in getting him back till the end of the season?
Posted by: Abdul19, January 2, 2015, 12:03pm; Reply: 32
A playoff place?
Posted by: Neilo83, January 2, 2015, 12:13pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Abdul19
A playoff place?

Hurst is doing a pretty good job at flipping that up.
Posted by: chaos33, January 2, 2015, 12:13pm; Reply: 34
Gives up
Posted by: davmariner, January 2, 2015, 12:48pm; Reply: 35
Personally, if I were Fenty I'd be on the phone to Buckley trying to convince him to return on an interim basis. Buckley has the advantage of actually having been to the vast majority of our home games. Let's face it we all know something needs to change now, but the right person for the long term isn't necessarily available at this time of the year.

Our position in a poor league does not tell the full story. We have stagnated and haven't been at the races for a long while. If Hurst has a that poor second half of the season that he's renowned for I think we'll eventually drop out of the playoffs.
Posted by: gtfc82, January 2, 2015, 1:44pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Grimal

I was stating that's who I would have or want as Our manager.

So you would want a 25 year old with no previous managerial experience?!!

Whichever way you put it, it is still a ridiculous idea!
Posted by: Caveman, January 2, 2015, 9:51pm; Reply: 37
When, if, if at all, it will be Chris Doig.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 2, 2015, 10:01pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from chaos33
Gives up

What's Lawrie McMenemy doing these days   ;D

Posted by: Teestogreen, January 2, 2015, 10:20pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from davmariner
Personally, if I were Fenty I'd be on the phone to Buckley trying to convince him to return on an interim basis. Buckley has the advantage of actually having been to the vast majority of our home games. Let's face it we all know something needs to change now, but the right person for the long term isn't necessarily available at this time of the year.

Our position in a poor league does not tell the full story. We have stagnated and haven't been at the races for a long while. If Hurst has a that poor second half of the season that he's renowned for I think we'll eventually drop out of the playoffs.

I like this idea - get Alan on board for the team selection, formation and motivational talks for the home games. Paul retains control for away games.

Funnily enough  watched Kevin Ellison (the guy ultimately responsible for Alan's sacking with some sensational goals) play on Boxing Day and he is still very useful playing in  striking role. Would be great if we signed him to help us back in to the football league  - seem to remember Alan had him on loan for us from Leicester City many moons ago. Football romanticism may not be dead yet.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 2, 2015, 11:20pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen

dont we have a big enough male private in charge already?

That brought a smile to my face. ;)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 2, 2015, 11:30pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Hurst still has the job, not really a necessary thread yet. I would stick with him at least till the end of the season.

The thread title is "who would you have??". The word "would" indicates conditionality. So really it's your comment was off course, not the thread.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:03am