Posted by: TAGG, January 1, 2015, 5:48pm
Excuses excuses excuses yawn
Wot is he on???
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, January 1, 2015, 5:48pm; Reply: 1
he blamed the referee....something he does a lot
Posted by: ginnywings, January 1, 2015, 5:49pm; Reply: 2
Boring as usual.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 1, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 3
Surprised it wasn't the negative fans fault and not the negative shower of excrement the manager puts in front of us each week.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 1, 2015, 5:58pm; Reply: 4
JT sounds scared to death of him , he always asks very safe questions since hurst went rage mode on him..

whats the worst that could happen ? ...well i suppose he could bore him to death.
Posted by: Meza, January 1, 2015, 5:59pm; Reply: 5
Has he ever critised any of his players even if they did play bad?  I can't recall.  Sometimes you need to tell the players that there were some disappointed performances and we need to do a lot better especially at home.  I dont have a clue whether he motivates them, gives them a bolloxking but i do think this is something the players need every now and then if warrented of course its ok having players fighting for your place and to me thats not enough motivation demanding more from the players is something he should be.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 1, 2015, 6:02pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Meza
Has he ever critised any of his players even if they did play bad?  I can't recall.  Sometimes you need to tell the players that there were some disappointed performances and we need to do a lot better especially at home.  I dont have a clue whether he motivates them, gives them a bolloxking but i do think this is something the players need every now and then if warrented of course its ok having players fighting for your place and to me thats not enough motivation demanding more from the players is something he should be.

That is a very good point.

i dont ever think he has actually blamed himself or the players.

always the ref or the fans.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 1, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from jonnyboy82
JT sounds scared to death of him , he always asks very safe questions since hurst went rage mode on him..

whats the worst that could happen ? ...well i suppose he could bore him to death.

Hurst is doing his best for you jonnyboy
[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/nwzchu.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by: Badger57, January 1, 2015, 6:07pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from jonnyboy82
JT sounds scared to death of him , he always asks very safe questions since hurst went rage mode on him.

I'm afraid John is far too meek an interviewer when "difficult" questions need to be asked. Always has been. He'll dip his toe in, and if it gets bitten, then he bids a hasty retreat.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 1, 2015, 6:31pm; Reply: 9
Hurst on the radio after game - our player was fouled and they went on to score.

"7 year old discovery player sat in the Pontoon, why didn't they play to the whistle"
Posted by: davmariner, January 1, 2015, 6:36pm; Reply: 10
JT has to tread carefully, Hurst and his former co-manager have a tendency to not speak to RH on the back of difficult questions.

For what it's worth, sat in the Lower Findus I didn't think it was a foul on Aswad. Looked like he was backing into the Macclesfield player and then just fell backwards.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 1, 2015, 6:53pm; Reply: 11
Last month/year someone suggested having Hurst as the away manager and a different manager for home games.

Another alternative is to keep Hurst until xmas each season.  Then when we have our annual decline from Jan, appoint a manager who excels from Jan to the play-offs.  Gary Mills with York and Gateshead.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 1, 2015, 7:05pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from davmariner

For what it's worth, sat in the Lower Findus I didn't think it was a foul on Aswad. Looked like he was backing into the Macclesfield player and then just fell backwards.

An almost carbon copy of Lincoln's 3rd goal....our left side has been absolutely shocking in the last couple of games..powder puff tackles and weak on the ball.
Posted by: ackomariner, January 1, 2015, 8:37pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from promotion plaice

Hurst is doing his best for you jonnyboy
[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/nwzchu.jpg[/IMG]

Unless there's a goal on top of the osmond stand he will be ok  :P
Posted by: BIGChris, January 1, 2015, 8:49pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from davmariner
JT has to tread carefully, Hurst and his former co-manager have a tendency to not speak to RH on the back of difficult questions.

Thomas was clearly pulled to the ground by the Macc player who had a handful of his shirt. 'Clever' foul really in that it was on the far side of the ref and the assistant was further up the pitch looking for offside on any through ball.

Parslow should gave been clever for the first and put the guy into the main stand 50 yards from goal
Posted by: Maringer, January 1, 2015, 8:50pm; Reply: 15
Looked a clear foul to me on Aswad. A tug which the referee or his assistant should have been in a position to see. That said, it doesn't excuse the fact that Thomas was caught out of position yet again. A pity, also, that McKeown then cocked-up by palming the ball to their player instead of just leaving it alone.

I've not listened to this (or the last) interview, but not surprised to hear Hurst hasn't criticised the players. Seems pretty obvious to me that his M.O. is to keep any criticism behind closed doors and never have a go at them as a group in interviews.

Lord knows, they players as a group have deserved a rollocking on a number of occasions this year so this is the only explanation!
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, January 1, 2015, 8:57pm; Reply: 16
Im all for the non criticism of players in public, but you get the feeling that they dont get bollocked at all
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:13am