Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, December 31, 2014, 9:16pm
Nicky Walker has supposedly signed on loan for Boston United.. According to twitter.

Umm...
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 31, 2014, 9:30pm; Reply: 1
I love that fly you put on the screen, first time i saw it i called my wife from another room and pretended a fly had got inside the computer screen,
she fell for it for a few seconds  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, January 1, 2015, 8:32am; Reply: 2

It looks like he impressed Boston more than he did GTFC.....

http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/united-poised-for-double-signing-1353518.html
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 1, 2015, 8:37am; Reply: 3
He ripped them apart in the friendly, surprised he didn't get a chance with us.
Posted by: DocTower, January 1, 2015, 9:26am; Reply: 4
Begs the question why sign him in the first place . Possibly seeing him next season if they get promoted .
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 1, 2015, 10:44am; Reply: 5
How long until Hamish Watson gets released without featuring further? Why sign players if you're not going to use them? For me this implies Hurst makes desperation signings and doesn't fill me with confidence for the January transfer window.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 1, 2015, 10:55am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Chrisblor
How long until Hamish Watson gets released without featuring further? Why sign players if you're not going to use them? For me this implies Hurst makes desperation signings and doesn't fill me with confidence for the January transfer window.

What we don't know is how much these guys are costing. If we are picking them up for next to nothing then even if they don't play their sheer presence in the squad may be improving the players who regularly play in their position just because of the threat factor. PH is not stupid, if anything he thinks too much, so he won't have got these guys without a good reason.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 1, 2015, 1:12pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob

What we don't know is how much these guys are costing. If we are picking them up for next to nothing then even if they don't play their sheer presence in the squad may be improving the players who regularly play in their position just because of the threat factor. PH is not stupid, if anything he thinks too much, so he won't have got these guys without a good reason.

Sorry Rob I can not agree with you there,

First of all Hurst said there would be no new signing before the transfer window closes unless an outstanding player became available,

He then signed Walker, we all said who ?

He played a blinder against Boston but was never used again,

Now he has gone without given a chance in a "real" match,

I fear for Hamish , I think he has worked really hard to lose a bit of weight and to get fit,

Hurst himself has said he is a good finisher,

BUT

Again he does not get a chance to show what he can do in a real game,

I hope I am eating humble pie after today,

When Watson comes on and plays 20minutes scoring 2 goals. ;D
Posted by: Youngy, January 1, 2015, 5:32pm; Reply: 8
And guess who scored for Boston today?
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 2:36pm