Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, December 31, 2014, 9:01pm
Even though we lost I thought the Huddersfield game was an absolute classic, it had everything. The players gave their all and did everyone proud that day.
Posted by: friskneymariner, December 31, 2014, 9:05pm; Reply: 1
Sadly that was nearly a year ago and still is the last memorial game.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 31, 2014, 9:10pm; Reply: 2
Huddersfield or the 6-1 for Gateshead.
Disleys goal against Gateshead in the play-offs was the most special for me.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 31, 2014, 9:40pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from friskneymariner
Sadly that was nearly a year ago and still is the last memorial game.

I take it you mean memorable
Posted by: Tommy, December 31, 2014, 9:46pm; Reply: 4
Yeah the Huddersfield game for me too Rob.

For almost 2 hours it was just like the old days.
Great atmosphere all around the ground, full away end, real football, good game.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 31, 2014, 10:20pm; Reply: 5
All the games we won!
Posted by: lukeo, January 1, 2015, 12:46pm; Reply: 6
Torquay away. 3 points, a good performance, a good atmosphere (excluding the idiot steward) and a good weekend all round :)
Posted by: Hagrid, January 1, 2015, 1:32pm; Reply: 7
alfreton away for me- the 3-3 had a great afternoon|!!

disleys goal away at gateshead my favourite moment, i'm 19 now and i let my emotion go out when dis put that in, thought that was our moment! but alas no
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 1, 2015, 6:42pm; Reply: 8
Of all the games I saw

Huddersfield because it reminded me of how things used to be in the not too distant past

I think when Diz put us ahead against them I really believed we could go on and win

And as others said when he equalised against Gateshead that too was my stand out moment of the year - again I really believed we could have gone on and won that despite the odds having been stacked against us

Sad to say that both of those goals counted for nothing at the end of those games, a bit like the one he got against Lincoln the other day
Posted by: Grimal, January 1, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 9
The Away game at Cambridge on 28th January, when we beat them 2-1 . Lenny scoring the first on 18 mins only to see Berry level it up on 54 mins. Then the mighty Scott Neilson scoring the winner on 56 mins.  A long old journey on a cold Tuesday night but well worth it.  God it seems light years away now.
Posted by: stuart brace was king, January 1, 2015, 9:01pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob
Even though we lost I thought the Huddersfield game was an absolute classic, it had everything. The players gave their all and did everyone proud that day.

Totally agree, great game, fantastic atmosphere and non stop excitement and entertainment.  Never like to see us lose, but compare that to a 0-1 victory at Macclesfield, in the rain....

UTM
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 2:06am