Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jock dock tower, December 31, 2014, 10:36am
Anybody who was there will never forget that day. Harry the Haddock also made an appearance on MOTD that Saturday night as they too marvelled at the fantastic Town support.

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/6h2pmb.jpg[/IMG]
Posted by: bax, December 31, 2014, 11:00am; Reply: 1
Brilliant day out. I wrote a few words on it in the Lincoln programme if anyone saw it. Definitely the day that made me a Mariner for life.
Posted by: jock dock tower, December 31, 2014, 12:40pm; Reply: 2
I was in the side stand and the view of the massed terraces and all those fish was amazing.

The following week I was speaking to a reporter from Australian tv Channel 7 (I think) who had been walking through West London and been totally bemused by all these inflatable haddock / trout. He'd got the go ahead to film a piece for their tv station back home on harry the Haddock. World wide fame, eh?
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 31, 2014, 1:11pm; Reply: 3
I still say that there was nothing wrong with Marc North's equaliser in the last minute that was disallowed, and their equaliser would definitely have been disallowed in this day and age.
Posted by: grimps, December 31, 2014, 1:23pm; Reply: 4
I'm sure I remember us having two goals disallowed ?
I also knew the Town player Andy Tilson around that time and remember him telling me a story about him and Fashanu clashing heads , Andy said he had blood coming out his wound and Fash came up to him , rubbed some of Tilsons blood on his fingers then licked it saying '' I love the taste of white mans blood''
Sort of shows the bullies they was at that time
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 31, 2014, 1:54pm; Reply: 5
Also shows how much of a complete mental Fashanu was (and still is).
Posted by: RoboCod, December 31, 2014, 2:20pm; Reply: 6
Mark Lever said in an interview some time after that Fashanu whispered into his ear at the kick off that he was going to break his legs. Lever was what, 17 - 18 ?
Hard to get behind the 'Crazy Gang' with some of their players despite their incredible success for their size.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 31, 2014, 10:07pm; Reply: 7
I'm on that photo. :)
Posted by: Meza, January 1, 2015, 1:27am; Reply: 8
I watched the program that was on bt sports called crazy gang and their fa cup win i was kinda hoping town would be it but they only showed from the 5th round.  They were a bunch of thugs and fashanu was the leader of it all.  Whete they any worse than leeds in the 70's?
Posted by: jock dock tower, January 1, 2015, 10:25am; Reply: 9
Nobody was ever as cynical and dirty as the Leeds United team under Don Revie's reign.
Posted by: grimps, January 1, 2015, 11:14am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Meza
I watched the program that was on bt sports called crazy gang and their fa cup win i was kinda hoping town would be it but they only showed from the 5th round.  They were a bunch of thugs and fashanu was the leader of it all.  Whete they any worse than leeds in the 70's?

They had won the cup the season before they played us, they was holders when we played them  ;)
Posted by: cod_head_doug, January 1, 2015, 11:47am; Reply: 11
Me and my late father are on the photo, I always look at this photo to see how happy we both were following the Town together in them days. Anytime I get down I look at it. We were both certain that the cup had our name on it that year, and when Big Keef scored....................I was screaming that much I dont think I breathed for ages.
Posted by: Meza, January 1, 2015, 12:05pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimps

They had won the cup the season before they played us, they was holders when we played them  ;)

Oh i thought it was the same season...silly me lol.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 6:53am