Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: gtfc82, December 29, 2014, 10:24am
According to a Facebook page called Grimsby Blues and Twos, Town fans were smashing up cars and fighting with police after the game yesterday! Also a picture of a burning car was shown! Typical buls**t from nimbys who don't want a new ground!!
Posted by: MarinerWY, December 30, 2014, 1:21am; Reply: 1
Course it is, if it were true the GT and other media would be all over it, just like after the Scunny game last year.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 30, 2014, 8:54am; Reply: 2
Small paragraph in last nights paper.....3 arrests throughout the entire day....all minor offences in line with an old fashioned  breach of the peace.  Hardly Trumpton riots.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, December 30, 2014, 9:03am; Reply: 3
Walking down Grimsby Road after leaving the game, it sounded like trouble down Fuller St, next thing a big group charged from Grimsby Road into it, then minutes later about 3 riot vans and blocked it off.

My cousin with his little boy could not get to their car because of nobheads running amok, and the back door window was smashed in, now the kid is frightened to go to another Grimsby Town match.
Posted by: Jaws, December 30, 2014, 9:52am; Reply: 4
The burning car picture was taken in daylight, not sure where it was taken as Cleethorpes was pretty dark at full time!!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 30, 2014, 9:59am; Reply: 5
I would presume its a p1sstake picture

And am sure 2 of the arrests were on the seafront
Posted by: ska face, December 30, 2014, 10:19am; Reply: 6
Those kind of pages are usually inhabited by absolute nesbits, full-time mummys and alumni of the "university of life", so I'd not bother with anything written there.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 30, 2014, 12:26pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Walking down Grimsby Road after leaving the game, it sounded like trouble down Fuller St, next thing a big group charged from Grimsby Road into it, then minutes later about 3 riot vans and blocked it off.

My cousin with his little boy could not get to their car because of nobheads running amok, and the back door window was smashed in, now the kid is frightened to go to another Grimsby Town match.

Try parking along Queen Mary and walk through Sidney Park to the ground.  You can take some bread/seed and feed the ducks and birds, hopefully that'll neutralise what those idiots did.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 1:56pm