Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 28, 2014, 9:27pm
Who would you drop and who would you bring in for New Years Day ?

My thoughts are, why bring in Walker from Rotherham if you are not going to play him,

Plus Hurst says Watson is a great finisher,

BUT

Neither of them can get on the bench,

Maybe they should both be given a chance to show what they can do.

Thoughts ?
Posted by: davmariner, December 28, 2014, 9:33pm; Reply: 1
                      McKeown

Magnay   Pearson   Doig    Thomas

Brown      Disley

McLaughlin

Mackreth                     Pitman

The Shop

Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 28, 2014, 10:24pm; Reply: 2
                  McKeown
Magnay Parslow Pearson Thomas
           Disley Clay Paddy
         Mackreth LJL Pittman

Watson, Brown, Arnold, Doig, Bignot
Posted by: Maringer, December 28, 2014, 11:04pm; Reply: 3
Injuries and illness taken into account, I expect it will be:

McKeown

Magnay  Parslow  Pearson  Thomas

Mackreth  Disley  Brown  Arnold

LJL  Pittman

Subs: McLaughlin, Bignot, Doig, Hannah, Watson

Obviously, Bignot will be in for Magnay if not fit. I don't think Doig should be selected ahead of Parslow simply because he's barely played this season. Don't really know anything about the Walker lad so don't know if he's good enough to be considered either for a start or a place on the bench.
Posted by: Teestogreen, December 28, 2014, 11:56pm; Reply: 4
At this point, the available fit players is an unknown - it looks like some players are not fit - without this being declared  ie a bit of a gamble
Can't see Magnay, Brown and Doig being available (apart from bench duty). Doig wasn't even on the bench today. There was a doubt against Magnay so if Doig was fit, he would have to have been on the bench today (at least and a no brainer). Brown didn't get on despite the circumstances of the game. Magnay would appear to have struggled through the first half. Not sure whether Neilson will be available. Could be others out the equation.

On the other hand, expect the unexpected - (looking forward to that).

Hopefully, Macclesfield are in a mess too having had an awful Christmas.

UTM
Posted by: Meza, December 29, 2014, 11:47am; Reply: 5
Sometimes you need to be brave as a manager i know Buckley was, he would drop players if they didn't put the effort in.  I would throw both Watson and Walker in the mix and give them a chance but probably from the bench with atleast 15 mins minimum to show us what they've got.  As much as i want to keep a settled side my only concern is i don't think hurst has the temperament to give players a kick up the backside instead he chooses to protect them.  Everyone from time to time needs a kick up the backside otherwise we become complacent.

My Team

McKeown

Bignot           Pearson           Parslow         Thomas

Disley               Brown

Mackreth                  Nielson                    Arnold

LJL

Subs
Clay
Pittman
Walker
McLaughlin
Watson

Magnay for Bignot if fit
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, December 29, 2014, 1:21pm; Reply: 6
Pretty hard to predict a team due to injured players
Very tempting to ring the changes but we won at Macc and I didn't think we were crap v Lincoln just lack a consistent killer edge - what can you do about that other than bring Hannah in?? Think LJL and Pittman are a very good strike pairing..other than goals!!
I honestly don;t know what I'd do - plusses and minuses whichever way you go
One thing, I'd defo have Walker and Watson involved; just to try something different, even from the bench
Posted by: denni266, December 29, 2014, 9:27pm; Reply: 7
Cant understand why walker and watson have been signed if he aint gonna give them a chance, they must be fit by now , or is hurst just wasting fenty`s money for the hell of it ,.We need to try some thing different because those playing need some thing to remind them that there place is not secure in the team
Posted by: DocTower, December 29, 2014, 9:40pm; Reply: 8
We can't keep  putting out the same old tired , injured out of form players who just appear to go through the motions using the same tactics , basically boring us into the ground . Be brave ring the changers , be positive , don't just stand there with your hands in your pockets .

Everyone has their own view of players and how we should line up , final decision rests with Hurst . So for all this talk we know deep down what we are going to get .

I think both sides will cancel each other out , they will come for a point , and get it .
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 29, 2014, 10:29pm; Reply: 9
With the sickness and injuries we have got Thursday will be an ideal time for Walker and Watson to get some playing time,

Even if it is from the bench for the last 20 minutes.
Posted by: Tommy, December 29, 2014, 11:04pm; Reply: 10
                    McKeown

Walker Magnay Pearson Thomas

Clay     Brown

Pittman      Neilson       Walker

LJL

Bit radical throwing P.Walker in at right back but Parslow at CB again is giving me nightmares and Bignot is a beaten man knowing Hurst only plays him when he absolutely has to.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:19pm