Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 28, 2014, 7:42pm
Credit to Lincoln they did a job on us today and got what they deserved !! In fact it could and should have been 4/5 to them . They broke with Power and pace and cause our back 4 ( it looked like Back 1 ) big problems .......Here is the twist , I spoke with a hardcore LIncoln fan after the Game who was as suprised as anyone at how well they played , he said that they can go to welling etc and get beat then tear a Good Team like GTFC apart ......... is  this sounding familiar ?? He also said that because the league is so excrement that we will still scrape the play offs ........He is also hoping they do too but isn't holding his breath .

I'm not naming names tonight but we had 2/3 out there today that were not up to the task ahead .
Posted by: thefish, December 28, 2014, 7:45pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from fleabag1970
I'm not naming names tonight but we had 2/3 out there today that were not up to the task ahead .

I'll start... Parslow, Bignot...
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 28, 2014, 7:51pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from thefish

I'll start... Parslow, Bignot...

Errrrrrr I'm not saying but you have two out of the three ............................................................. ;)
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 28, 2014, 7:52pm; Reply: 3
Ohhhh and why the fuc@ didn't we go 451 today .................? The one bloody game when we needed to and we didn't ?? That is why I'm not a football Manager I suppose
Posted by: ackomariner, December 28, 2014, 7:54pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from fleabag1970

Errrrrrr I'm not saying but you have two out of the three ............................................................. ;)

Two out of four you mean.......the others being thomas and Arnold
Posted by: gtfc82, December 28, 2014, 7:59pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ackomariner

Spot on! Our left side was abysmal today!
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 28, 2014, 8:01pm; Reply: 6
Yeah, 3 cheers for Ramirez

[youtube]UpWUaRtZ-JU[/youtube]
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 28, 2014, 8:02pm; Reply: 7
Yeah, 3 cheers for Ramirez

[youtube]UpWUaRtZ-JU[/youtube]
Posted by: davmariner, December 28, 2014, 8:02pm; Reply: 8
Harsh on Bignot thought he came on and didn't do too badly. We were very very poor down the left and neither Thomas or Arnold should be in the side for NYD.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 28, 2014, 8:30pm; Reply: 9
Problem with bignot is strength, gets pushed off the ball to easy
Posted by: Grimal, December 28, 2014, 8:34pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from fleabag1970

And he's not named the worst player on the park, didn't look interested all game and was somewhere near the halfway line when their 3rd goal was scored. Someone mentioned  on an earlier post that he was also our weak link at Macclesfield.If he is still nursing an injury for Christ sake don't play him, Paddy did a decent job at  LB in his absence..

Posted by: mariner91, December 28, 2014, 8:38pm; Reply: 11
Credit to them. Limited but stuck to a game plan and man for man worked much harder than us. Their fans were decent (vocally anyway) for once. Have to say that none of our stands were particularly good but the Pontoon was an embarrassment. I was sat in Q105 and heard nothing from the Ponny all game.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 28, 2014, 8:43pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ackomariner

Arnold has been gash for some time now, God knows how he stays on the pitch and as for Hurst 3-1 one down and he still doesn't change it.

I think Thomas must have been smoking some dodgy fags before the game either that or he hadn't slept off his Christmas dinner.

Posted by: Freemoash88, December 28, 2014, 8:47pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from mariner91
Credit to them. Limited but stuck to a game plan and man for man worked much harder than us. Their fans were decent (vocally anyway) for once. Have to say that none of our stands were particularly good but the Pontoon was an embarrassment. I was sat in Q105 and heard nothing from the Ponny all game.

Agreed I cringe sometimes when i hear that dried out "MARINERS!" chant. It's all we can bloody come up with that most people can join in.

I know the lads who turn up week in week out in the top right of the Pontoon try there best but the atmosphere is dog excrement nearly every game even when the fans do turn up its excrement. But hats off to the people that do try.

Lincoln was the better Team and had better vocal support and i didn't think i would ever say that considering we was at home.

Posted by: LH, December 28, 2014, 9:43pm; Reply: 14
Their first league double over us since 76/77. Fair enough over the two games I'd say.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, December 28, 2014, 11:14pm; Reply: 15
Their first away win since August 16
Neillson and Arnold are similar for me - flatter to deceive far too often
Thomas not fit and should be rested
Our problem is very simple - don't score enough goals when we are on top
Apparently we have had more shots on target than any other team in league - says everything for me we are so many points off top spot. Why?
Cow's backside and banjo
Fair play to Lincoln - wonder goal and two excellent break away goals
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 9:52am