Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 27, 2014, 10:48am
Just about all lower findus sold out most of the pontoon and upper sold out only single seats availiable.  COME ON YOU MARINERS  MAKE SOME FECKING NOISE.(dwarf)(dwarf)(groupwave1)  Brisk business queuing for tickets as I left.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 27, 2014, 12:16pm; Reply: 1
I'm on hold on the phone right now trying to book a ticket for tomorrow. Been waiting for more than 50 minutes for someone to pick up after being told on the automatic voice system 'you are now being connected to the ticket office'

Either they're rushed off their feet and I'm in a queue or else something's not quite right with their phone system.  ::)
Posted by: davmariner, December 27, 2014, 12:37pm; Reply: 2
What a crap phone system been waiting for the club shop for 15 minutes myself keeps saying I'm caller two.
Posted by: LH, December 27, 2014, 12:40pm; Reply: 3
The club have asked on twitter for people to book online rather than by phone as the queue is out the door.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 27, 2014, 12:58pm; Reply: 4
This is getting frustrating now as I've been 'connected' to the club shop extension for about an hour now  :-/

I've tried the on line booking link and it won't allow me to book a ticket for the Pontoon - just comes up with a link explaining an error message that can't be viewed

I can't believe there isn't anyone in the club shop who isn't on phone duty no matter how long the queue is outside

EDIT

Get in!

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2u5eteb.jpg[/IMG]

Was just about to hang up when it got to the hour mark when someone picked up the phone so got my ticket for tomorrow.

Come on lads - do us proud!
Posted by: Doubled, December 27, 2014, 1:08pm; Reply: 5
Got my ticket at 10 this morning, they opened before that.
I know I would have been hacked off if they had served people on the phone
before they served me in the shop!
Posted by: mariner chopper, December 27, 2014, 1:12pm; Reply: 6
Just got two for the Pontoon over the phone. 5 minute hold so not too bad.

Upper Findus now completely SOLD OUT!

UTM
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 27, 2014, 1:17pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Doubled
Got my ticket at 10 this morning, they opened before that.
I know I would have been hacked off if they had served people on the phone
before they served me in the shop!

It's getting the balance right that matters though

If they couldn't handle phone calls because of the queues then the line should have been set to engaged or at least warn you would need to hold on for so long

Still mission accomplished. I got through eventually and booked my seat. A bit off putting nonetheless that I could have driven over to Grimsby and been waiting in line and maybe even served face to face during the time I was holding on the line

Hey ho....all part of the fun of following Town

Come on now - let's stuff our local rivals tomorrow and end 2014 on a high
Posted by: pizzzza, December 27, 2014, 1:27pm; Reply: 8
Anyone know how many Lincoln have sold?
Posted by: LH, December 27, 2014, 1:29pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from pizzzza
Anyone know how many Linvoln have sold?

None. POTD for them.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, December 27, 2014, 1:40pm; Reply: 10
Bought four over the phone at 1pm and got through within 5 minutes
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, December 27, 2014, 1:52pm; Reply: 11
Bought online about an hour ago and noticed that the Findus Upper was no longer available as an option after I checked out.

Looks like it could be over 6,000 if it carries on like this.  Can't wait!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 27, 2014, 2:05pm; Reply: 12
Believe it's only singles left in the pontoon and a few in the main.

Why on earth are we not having the osmond is beyond me!
Posted by: Garth, December 27, 2014, 2:08pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Believe it's only singles left in the pontoon and a few in the main.

Why on earth are we not having the osmond is beyond me!

For the few that they will bring, they should have been put in one corner
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, December 27, 2014, 2:14pm; Reply: 14
I wonder if Lincoln could be shepherded into one end of the Osmond so we can keep the Main/Osmond corner as an overspill area for any pay-on-the-day stragglers?

You'd think Lincoln should bring a good crowd though; they're coming off the back of a Boxing Day win, it's a short trip, they don't have a bad record at our place and they beat us earlier in the season so should fancy an outside bet of doubling us.  They should be backing their team and ought to be bringing at least a thousand.  Any less is a poor show.
Posted by: lukeo, December 27, 2014, 2:16pm; Reply: 15
even if they open the gate at the main stand and let us have the corner thats a further 200 odd people (average £10 per person = £2000)
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, December 27, 2014, 2:18pm; Reply: 16
cant see pc plod allowing town fans in the same stand as Lincoln fans  TBH,
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 27, 2014, 2:19pm; Reply: 17
Just back - from the ticket office. Got the very last seat in the upper. Anyone know how high up row Q is?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 27, 2014, 2:19pm; Reply: 18
Just managed to grab 2 tickets for the Main single tickets only in Ponny and Findus sold out so home end will be sold out within an hour tomorrow.The Imps should be allocated the corner only and as others have said open the Osmond up to home fans as that is where the demand is and lets have a full house.UTM
Posted by: BIGChris, December 27, 2014, 2:20pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Just back - from the ticket office. Got the very last seat in the upper. Anyone know how high up row Q is?

4 rows from the back. Superb view if central
Posted by: MarinerWY, December 27, 2014, 2:21pm; Reply: 20
Wish I could be there! Getting a real buzz reading this post.... reckon it could be a sell-out home crowd? Will have to make do with Radio Humberside here from sunny Spain  :)
Posted by: LH, December 27, 2014, 2:23pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from AdamHaddock

40,000ft. Take oxygen.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, December 27, 2014, 2:24pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from BIGChris

I requested top central online.  Don't you sit up there Chris?

High up needn't be bad seats at all.  Last week, my wife and I had Upper Circle at the London Coliseum for the Nutcracker and the view was excellent.
Posted by: pizzzza, December 27, 2014, 2:25pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from AdamHaddock

Row Q? I'm just guessing but 17 rows from the front.  ;)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 27, 2014, 2:29pm; Reply: 24
cant see pc plod allowing town fans in the same stand as Lincoln fans  TBH,

They did the year before last without incident barring a puff of red smoke from a Gimps flare
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, December 27, 2014, 4:17pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from 1mickylyons

They did the year before last without incident barring a puff of red smoke from a Gimps flare

I'm sure we had the corner of The Osmond in a Play Off match a few years ago (Slade time)

I'm hearing they'll be bringing a good bit more than normal this time - around 800 I believe..
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 27, 2014, 4:52pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from AdamHaddock

Sharing with the camera man
Posted by: Helgy, December 27, 2014, 5:55pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Apart from your fan that ran on from that end and disrupted your play just when your team was picking up momentum.

Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 27, 2014, 6:37pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Helgy

Apart from your fan that ran on from that end and disrupted your play just when your team was picking up momentum.

I don't recall it Helgy so it cant have been all that disruptive normally it is the assaults from your team on Towns players that the referees fail to see that gets my blood boiling.
Posted by: Helgy, December 27, 2014, 7:06pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I don't recall it Helgy so it cant have been all that disruptive normally it is the assaults from your team on Towns players that the referees fail to see that gets my blood boiling.

Seen refs this season that have been really poor for both sides playing.
Can't say we are overtly dirty but football has turned at times into a panto, player feigning injury that gets me the worse.
Diving at conference level is embarrassing and the officials fall for it time after time.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 27, 2014, 7:14pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Helgy

Seen refs this season that have been really poor for both sides playing.
Can't say we are overtly dirty but football has turned at times into a panto, player feigning injury that gets me the worse.
Diving at conference level is embarrassing and the officials fall for it time after time.

Wait til you play Woking and FGR both those teams players excelled at diving.I expect hard but fair tackles in a derby game so should the ref but anything over the top he needs to deal with I honestly think we will see more than 1 red card tomorrow IF the game goes ahead.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 27, 2014, 7:48pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

I requested top central online.  Don't you sit up there Chris?

High up needn't be bad seats at all.  Last week, my wife and I had Upper Circle at the London Coliseum for the Nutcracker and the view was excellent.

Well what a small world, we were in the lower circle for the Nutcracker superb venue, superb ballet.
Posted by: Rick12, December 27, 2014, 8:44pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Just about all lower findus sold out most of the pontoon and upper sold out only single seats availiable.  COME ON YOU MARINERS  MAKE SOME FECKING NOISE.(dwarf)(dwarf)(groupwave1)  Brisk business queuing for tickets as I left.
Good to see

Posted by: promotion plaice, December 27, 2014, 10:42pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Well what a small world, we were in the lower circle for the Nutcracker superb venue, superb ballet.

Blundell Park tomorrow.......nutcracker
[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/jgkui0.png[/IMG]
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, December 27, 2014, 10:55pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from promotion plaice

Blundell Park tommorrow.......nutcracker

Nutcracker, bone-cracker, leg-cracker. Anything goes for Dirty Lincoln and their dark ages tactics!  I just hope we get a strong referee who gives a bit of protection to the ball-players and doesn't let Lincoln get away with some of the disgraceful tackles they've made in previous years.  I'd love to know if PH or anyone from the club tries to get into the ref's head about these things?  I'd hate to think we'll get a ref who things "Ahhh, intercourse it; it's a derby match so I'll let it go"

The more time the football spends in contact with the grass and the less time it spends up in the sky, the better it is for us.
Posted by: Grimal, December 27, 2014, 11:47pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from BIGChris

He will be sat on your knee if he's central Chris. ;)

Posted by: Civvy at last, December 28, 2014, 6:35am; Reply: 36
Quoted from promotion plaice

Blundell Park tomorrow.......nutcracker
[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/jgkui0.png[/IMG]

Let's hope the result is 'sweet'.   (See what I did there) 😉
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, December 28, 2014, 8:47am; Reply: 37
For any who haven't got tickets yet, you will need to ring from 10am or get down to BP, as they're not taking Internet bookings now...
Posted by: BIGChris, December 28, 2014, 9:02am; Reply: 38
Quoted from Grimal

He will be sat on your knee if he's central Chris. ;)

He would be directly in front of me if he is Row Q. Hope he is wearing a duffle coat or hoodie ;)
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, December 28, 2014, 9:08am; Reply: 39
Just had a worrying thought.... It is 3pm ko isn't it?
Posted by: BIGChris, December 28, 2014, 9:09am; Reply: 40
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Just had a worrying thought.... It is 3pm ko isn't it?

Yes
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, December 28, 2014, 9:12am; Reply: 41
Quoted from BIGChris

Yes

Ta Chris. I've got some cats to heard to drop off at their Grandmas in Riby before the game, and even 3pm is a challenge now they are teenagers.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, December 28, 2014, 12:17pm; Reply: 42
Got a ticket for my mate - Man U fan, let me down... sold ticket within 2 minutes of been on facebook lol.

Bought the ticket over 2 weeks ago, that's when you should get ya ticket! ;)
Posted by: LH, December 28, 2014, 12:26pm; Reply: 43
I really wish the people of Grimsby were as arsed about the other 22 league fixtures as they are about the Lincoln match.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, December 28, 2014, 12:26pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from LH
I really wish the people of Grimsby were as arsed about the other 22 league fixtures as they are about the Lincoln match.
Yep that's what season tickets are for.  8)

Bores me shitless when 20,000 people make it to Wembley, then don't see them again.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, December 28, 2014, 12:41pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

Bores me shitless when 20,000 people make it to Wembley, then don't see them again.

Probably need to get out more ?
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, December 28, 2014, 1:19pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

It happens at most lower league clubs - we're no different.

Thankfully we have plenty of floating fans. (Wembley)

When/if we get a new stadium, we should see a decent chunk return.
Posted by: MarinerWY, December 28, 2014, 2:59pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

It´d be even shitter if they didn't turn up for Wembley and/or Lincoln though...
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 6:39am