Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 27, 2014, 8:36am
Hope this lot eases off back garden beginning to flood we need to play every game now.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 27, 2014, 9:24am; Reply: 1
Very rare our pitch gets waterlogged, it'd usually have to freeze first
Posted by: GrimRob, December 27, 2014, 10:38am; Reply: 2
When was the last time we got a home match called off because of the weather? I don't think it has happened since David Cameron has been Prime Minister (not that there is any connection).
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 27, 2014, 11:04am; Reply: 3
Quoted from GrimRob
When was the last time we got a home match called off because of the weather? I don't think it has happened since David Cameron has been Prime Minister (not that there is any connection).

Chances are he'd take the credit for it though...: :-/
Posted by: mariner tommy, December 27, 2014, 11:07am; Reply: 4
Quoted from GrimRob

I think Sunderland at home in about 1997, although we did get a game abandoned at half time because of fog, that was a couple of years ago I think, may have been against Kettering but not sure.

UTM
Posted by: mariner91, December 27, 2014, 11:16am; Reply: 5
Quoted from mariner tommy

I think Sunderland at home in about 1997, although we did get a game abandoned at half time because of fog, that was a couple of years ago I think, may have been against Kettering but not sure.

UTM

Was against Rushden and Diamonds three years ago I think?
Posted by: mariner tommy, December 27, 2014, 11:20am; Reply: 6
Quoted from mariner91

Was against Rushden and Diamonds three years ago I think?

Yeh, thinking about it, I think you're correct, season 10-11, the year they went bust.

UTM
Posted by: LH, December 27, 2014, 11:23am; Reply: 7
Expecting a post by JarmoIsGod at some point today panicking tomorrow's game will be off.  ;)
Posted by: ska face, December 27, 2014, 11:37am; Reply: 8
Yeah, before everyone starts flapping and bealing about pitch inspections, can you just try and appreciate that the pitch at BP is slightly more advanced than your back yard or the grass verge at the end of your road.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 27, 2014, 12:10pm; Reply: 9
Yes 3 years ago.  They tried to dig into the pitch but it was frozen.  I thought it was against York though?
Posted by: Abdul19, December 27, 2014, 12:39pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Yes 3 years ago.  They tried to dig into the pitch but it was frozen.  I thought it was against York though?

Yeah think so. Feb 2012. Fyfield scored that trickling 25 yard winner in the rearranged fixture.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 27, 2014, 4:52pm; Reply: 11
I think tomorrows match is going to be off unless this rain stops fairly soon good excuse for the Gimps not to travel  ;D
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, December 27, 2014, 11:21pm; Reply: 12
Alfreton  game off  already, I can see a few more being  called off by lunch tomorrow
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, December 27, 2014, 11:43pm; Reply: 13
BBC Weather for Cleethorpes, and weather.com are showing temperatures of 3-4C, with Sun from 9am for the day and no further rain (a cold but dry day).  This, coupled with the fact that our pitch is one of the best in the league and drains very well (it's got a camber on it for crying out loud), I would expect, barring a freakish downpour, that we'll be ready to rock BP come 3pm.
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 28, 2014, 6:59am; Reply: 14
Weather at 2am was cold but dry. Just stuck me head out bedroom
Window. A bit milder. Bring it onπŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Posted by: wigworld, December 28, 2014, 7:01am; Reply: 15
I'm sure the pitch will be fine, but often a match is called off because the streets around the ground are too icy and dangerous for the supporters to get there safely (I'm talking generally, not just at BP). All looks likely to be fine today though, cold but dry and plenty of sunshine.  :)
UTM
Posted by: supertown, December 28, 2014, 7:43am; Reply: 16
I would say we have the best pitch In The league rather than 'one of the best'
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 28, 2014, 8:31am; Reply: 17
Quoted from wigworld
I'm sure the pitch will be fine, but often a match is called off because the streets around the ground are too icy and dangerous for the supporters to get there safely (I'm talking generally, not just at BP). All looks likely to be fine today though, cold but dry and plenty of sunshine.  :)
UTM

Frozen dog sh1t missiles
Posted by: GrimRob, December 28, 2014, 11:12am; Reply: 18
Sheff Utd v Scunny has just been called off
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, December 28, 2014, 11:52am; Reply: 19
3 games off in our league now, It will be interesting to see how the top teams cope if the fixtures start piling up
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 28, 2014, 12:17pm; Reply: 20
Wrexham v FGR
Alfreton v Dartford

What's the other?

Edit: Telford v Gateshead

Could go 10 points clear of Heed today and leapfrog the loser of Brizzle v Macc (or both if it's a draw)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 28, 2014, 12:23pm; Reply: 21
This could be the break we need a chance to further pull away and move up the table the weather is glorious now glad it's a 3 o'clock kick off all adds to the atmosphere really looking forward to this one just hope we win and score a few and a pint or two (sharabi)
Posted by: rancido, December 28, 2014, 1:14pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from wigworld
UTM

That's usually when there is frozen snow in the surrounding area.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 7:31am