Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: stuart brace was king, December 26, 2014, 7:30pm
What a great result, we didn't let Macc play, never gave them chance to start passing the ball, and harried them very time they had possession.  A brilliant performance, the weak link for me was Aswad whose indecisive actions on the ball and dodgy passes back to McKeown gave me heart failure.
I thought Mackreth was excellent and never stopping running, Toto similarly excellent but definite MOM was Pearson, absolutely imperious in defence and stifled so many of their attacks before they started.
Fantastic result, shocking drive home, hope all travelling fans get home safe.... And let's hope this run continues!

UTM
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 26, 2014, 7:42pm; Reply: 1
Back home, not a bad performance at all from town considering the elements, quality (wet) support in our end ;), Pearson MOM solid, anyone know what the commotion was in the Macc end near the tunnel was in the second half?
Posted by: Meza, December 26, 2014, 8:04pm; Reply: 2
I think someone threw a coin on the pitch according to macc fans.
Posted by: davmariner, December 26, 2014, 8:14pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Meza
I think someone threw a coin on the pitch according to macc fans.

Alledged from the Macc end though wasn't it?
Posted by: KK_DOG, December 26, 2014, 8:18pm; Reply: 4
Not the best game but what a result. Very good 3 points against a team unbeaten at home. Shame Macreth didn't slot one home near the end. Flippin freezing but well worth the trip.
Posted by: gobby, December 26, 2014, 8:54pm; Reply: 5
Cracking result, cracking wet day out.Toto MOM for me especially for the 2nd half tackle when their player seemed to break through.  8)
UTMM
Posted by: LH, December 26, 2014, 9:06pm; Reply: 6
Are the team stuck at Chesterfield in the snow? Am I reading this right? ;D
Posted by: LH, December 26, 2014, 9:14pm; Reply: 7
Before anyone says anything about me having a go at the club blah blah:- for years we have been messing up away games during the actual game. Now we either don't bother turning up on time or don't bother coming back. Is Jack Johnson behind this too?
Posted by: WappingMariner, December 26, 2014, 9:25pm; Reply: 8
Got back about an hour ago to Market Rasen. Dad and I came back via Stockport and M62. It seems as thought a few Town fans weren't so fortunate and are stuck in snow near Chesterfield. Huge credit to all the Town fans who stood in the pouring rain today and cheered on the team. Yet another superb away following.

First half: I thought Town started the game fairly brightly albeit causing little danger. The goal, from what I could see of it, came from neat work between LJL and Arnold. Arnold's shot forced Taylor into a save but he could only parry and Mackreth was able to tap into the net. After we took the lead Macclesfield came forward with a lot of intent. Their attacks consistently orchestrated by Danny Whitaker were threatening to begin with but rarely forced a save from McKeown. Town were a little frustrating. Their were opportunities where players such as Mackreth could go forward but didn't as they were quite happy to contain play instead. Towards the end of the first half, the Town midfield was starting to find themselves outnumbered and second to the majority of balls.

Second half: By the start of the last 45 minutes the rain had turned heavy and a little wintry. Disley, who would go on to putting in one of his best performances so far this season, held the midfield well. Arnold and Mackreth started to penetrate both wings and it brought them joy on several occasions. When Macclesfield did create chances, either in open play or from set pieces, both Toto and Pearson were able to tidy up effectively. One particular highlight was when Toto lost the ball midway into the Town half and with the striker (Fairhurst?) bearing down on McKeown's goal, he was able to slide in from behind and win the ball. With about 20 minutes to go, Hurst replaced Pittman with Clay. Town, now playing a 4-3-3 formation, were able to press from midfield. Disley dropped a little deeper behind Clay and Brown in centre midfield and Whitaker enjoyed fair less time on the ball. The one clear chance to extend the lead to 2-0, for me, was when LJL held the ball up brilliantly on the left side of the Macclesfield penalty before turning and played across the six-yard area but Mackreth couldn't get close enough to stab past Taylor.

Overall it was a fantastic victory and a really smart move from Hurst to go 4-3-3. I feel we missed Magnay at right-back. Parslow did OK but hasn't got the ability of Magnay going forward. Onwards to the Lincoln game on Sunday.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 26, 2014, 9:34pm; Reply: 9
I must have been got at by the cold as I thought it was a poor game from both sides but a great result.

Anyone who thought Arnold had a good game must be a relative I thought he was woeful, his corners and fee kicks were shockingly bad, Mackreth had a better game than recent but still didn't do much apart from the goal, although speaking to some Macc fans after the game it seems it might have been an own goal.
Posted by: LH, December 26, 2014, 10:10pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Youngy

Yes because obviously the club are to blame for where players live and what direction the bus driver from a private company decides to take home? Not just the team stuck there but fans are as well. In a Western Country, surely the government should be taking responsibility for road maintenance in adverse weather..... Course not, it's the clubs fault.

Did you read my post? Lighten up, it's Christmas.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 26, 2014, 10:25pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from WappingMariner
Got back about an hour ago to Market Rasen. Dad and I came back via Stockport and M62. It seems as thought a few Town fans weren't so fortunate and are stuck in snow near Chesterfield. Huge credit to all the Town fans who stood in the pouring rain today and cheered on the team. Yet another superb away following.

First half: I thought Town started the game fairly brightly albeit causing little danger. The goal, from what I could see of it, came from neat work between LJL and Arnold. Arnold's shot forced Taylor into a save but he could only parry and Mackreth was able to tap into the net. After we took the lead Macclesfield came forward with a lot of intent. Their attacks consistently orchestrated by Danny Whitaker were threatening to begin with but rarely forced a save from McKeown. Town were a little frustrating. Their were opportunities where players such as Mackreth could go forward but didn't as they were quite happy to contain play instead. Towards the end of the first half, the Town midfield was starting to find themselves outnumbered and second to the majority of balls.

Second half: By the start of the last 45 minutes the rain had turned heavy and a little wintry. Disley, who would go on to putting in one of his best performances so far this season, held the midfield well. Arnold and Mackreth started to penetrate both wings and it brought them joy on several occasions. When Macclesfield did create chances, either in open play or from set pieces, both Toto and Pearson were able to tidy up effectively. One particular highlight was when Toto lost the ball midway into the Town half and with the striker (Fairhurst?) bearing down on McKeown's goal, he was able to slide in from behind and win the ball. With about 20 minutes to go, Hurst replaced Pittman with Clay. Town, now playing a 4-3-3 formation, were able to press from midfield. Disley dropped a little deeper behind Clay and Brown in centre midfield and Whitaker enjoyed fair less time on the ball. The one clear chance to extend the lead to 2-0, for me, was when LJL held the ball up brilliantly on the left side of the Macclesfield penalty before turning and played across the six-yard area but Mackreth couldn't get close enough to stab past Taylor.

Overall it was a fantastic victory and a really smart move from Hurst to go 4-3-3. I feel we missed Magnay at right-back. Parslow did OK but hasn't got the ability of Magnay going forward. Onwards to the Lincoln game on Sunday.

Fair one.

I thought they were absolutely awful, we were even worse and somehow won. Doesn't mean I don't love my club, just though we couldn't pass the ball ten yards, five even and aside from endeavour, which is a top attribute, there was nothing to suggest aside from a four gun shoot and luck out, we are good enough to win promotion.

If we somehow are fortunate enough to go up, we will need to dispense with most of this squad if we are to survive in the proper league.

Crack on with them luverly X's. I don't welcome them, but I expect them and I would love you to see me at a league ground following the stripes next season, tap me on the shoulder and I will get you a pint in if I'm wrong.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 26, 2014, 10:26pm; Reply: 12
We came back via Buxton, Matlock etc and it seems were some of the few who made it. had messages from Town fans stuck for hours in the snow as others abandoned cars meaning snow ploughs couldn't operate. Horrendous journey.

Thought we nullified whatever Macc had. brown was so much better than of late really closed them down and didn't let their central midfield play. The rest of their team isn't up to much and they certainly hoofed it far more than I expects. They hadn't lost at home, surprised based on that performance.

The comments above show why football is about opinions and they differ widely. All my group thought Arnold had a decent game but thought Mackreth was shockingly bad despite his goal. He was continually outpaced, not only by his full back but also by their lumbering centre back! I honestly don't think he is quick at all.

Toto was outstanding and I thought his caution was the worst decision I have seen this season. It wasn't a foul let alone a caution. To his credit he didn't lose concentration and continued to dominate as dis Pearson. Parslow had a better game too.

IMO we deserved the points, Macclesfield were very limited but they will undoubtedly be up for revenge in a week or so time. Let's take 3 more points on Sunday first
Posted by: chaos33, December 26, 2014, 10:28pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from LH

Nope.
Posted by: ska face, December 26, 2014, 10:34pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from arryarryarry
I must have been got at by the cold as I thought it was a poor game from both sides but a great result.

Aye.

As a footballing spectacle, today made me physically ill. The first half alone has given me full-on, Afro-bola super AIDS.

Still, not complaining, 3 points is all I ask for & the lads have delivered again.
Posted by: grimps, December 26, 2014, 10:34pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from BIGChris
We came back via Buxton, Matlock etc and it seems were some of the few who made it. had messages from Town fans stuck for hours in the snow as others abandoned cars meaning snow ploughs couldn't operate. Horrendous journey.

Thought we nullified whatever Macc had. brown was so much better than of late really closed them down and didn't let their central midfield play. The rest of their team isn't up to much and they certainly hoofed it far more than I expects. They hadn't lost at home, surprised based on that performance.

The comments above show why football is about opinions and they differ widely. All my group thought Arnold had a decent game but thought Mackreth was shockingly bad despite his goal. He was continually outpaced, not only by his full back but also by their lumbering centre back! I honestly don't think he is quick at all.

Toto was outstanding and I thought his caution was the worst decision I have seen this season. It wasn't a foul let alone a caution. To his credit he didn't lose concentration and continued to dominate as dis Pearson. Parslow had a better game too.

IMO we deserved the points, Macclesfield were very limited but they will undoubtedly be up for revenge in a week or so time. Let's take 3 more points on Sunday first

I started to head towards Buxton as my Satnav was telling me but I shat myself and turned around.
Picked the M62 up and made it home for 8.30 thank god.
I still cant feel my feet , I cant believe the team coach headed that way, you'd think a professional driver would have seen the signs of trouble heading in that direction
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 26, 2014, 10:38pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from LH

If they are, I hope they have a football. They can try a few kick ups, if any of them make double figures then I'll buy them a Krusty Burger. Or take them on at kick ups.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 26, 2014, 10:41pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from 75

Fair one.

I thought they were absolutely awful, we were even worse and somehow won. Doesn't mean I don't love my club, just though we couldn't pass the ball ten yards, five even and aside from endeavour, which is a top attribute, there was nothing to suggest aside from a four gun shoot and luck out, we are good enough to win promotion.

If we somehow are fortunate enough to go up, we will need to dispense with most of this squad if we are to survive in the proper league.

Crack on with them luverly X's. I don't welcome them, but I expect them and I would love you to see me at a league ground following the stripes next season, tap me on the shoulder and I will get you a pint in if I'm wrong.

Exactly how I saw it.

Posted by: LH, December 26, 2014, 10:41pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from 75

If they are, I hope they have a football. They can try a few kick ups, if any of them make double figures then I'll buy them a Krusty Burger. Or take them on at kick ups.

I just hope they don't resort to cannibalism.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 26, 2014, 10:48pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from LH

I just hope they don't resort to cannibalism.

From what Krusty says, that would be better. Glad I'm a vegetarian.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 26, 2014, 11:09pm; Reply: 20
Thought back four were excellent, MacKreth worst player out of the 22 that started, as said before apart from the goal he ran like he was in treacle, did not beat a player at any point, even when starting a yard ahead he would just suddenly slow down instead of going for the line or cutting across his man. He could of been clean through twice in the second half but first a bad touch then the next time outpaced by their centre half having started in front of him. Its simple he either has no pace or no confidence. Let him off though he scored the winner.  :) Glad we went 433 when we did and just about saw out the game, was waiting in injury time for a repeat of last season. Ref was pretty shocking to the point their old boys in the main stand were trying to get over the fence to to get at him.  That slight touch is a free kick, that blatant push isn't etc. Just never knew what he was going to do.
Very cold, very wet on that terracing, lucky I did not have far to travel back but as usual Staffs County Council are incapable of keeping 2 major dual carriageways through the city clear after it snowed for a total of 20 mins. Hope all those travelling back get there safe, Buxton is not the place to head for when it snows.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 26, 2014, 11:17pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Thought back four were excellent, MacKreth worst player out of the 22 that started, as said before apart from the goal he ran like he was in treacle, did not beat a player at any point, even when starting a yard ahead he would just suddenly slow down instead of going for the line or cutting across his man. He could of been clean through twice in the second half but first a bad touch then the next time outpaced by their centre half having started in front of him. Its simple he either has no pace or no confidence. Let him off though he scored the winner.  :) Glad we went 433 when we did and just about saw out the game, was waiting in injury time for a repeat of last season. Ref was pretty shocking to the point their old boys in the main stand were trying to get over the fence to to get at him.  That slight touch is a free kick, that blatant push isn't etc. Just never knew what he was going to do.
Very cold, very wet on that terracing, lucky I did not have far to travel back but as usual Staffs County Council are incapable of keeping 2 major dual carriageways through the city clear after it snowed for a total of 20 mins. Hope all those travelling back get there safe, Buxton is not the place to head for when it snows.

"Its simple he either has no pace or no confidence"

Can't say I'd know, even at Sunday league level but surely if you are genuinely quick, you just knock the sodomist ahead and run? I can handle that, no issues with that after watching Mark Smith who we signed from Huddersfield do that, he was shite but that was 20 years ago, he used to knock it and go. I see no evidence Macreth is quick, Smith used to forget the football but I had no doubt he was fast. I see no pace, or ability in Macreth. Cheers for todays goal Jack, but improve massively or go back to Macclesfield.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, December 26, 2014, 11:24pm; Reply: 22
Are we getting away with it at the moment?
Didn't think we were great against FGR to be honest - two moments of quality in a battling performance
Cannot hold onto the ball for 5 seconds
We probably have best defence in league - and it's a good job
We go 1-0 up but never seem able to kick on; why is that? It doesn't make sense as we have some excellent players IMO

said it many times this season - we don't score enough goals and a big part of that is not being able to build a head of steam up with high-tempo, passing football

Results are everything so these cracks get papered over and we all move on
Posted by: EY Mariner, December 26, 2014, 11:29pm; Reply: 23
Poor game played in increasingly difficult conditions, as anyone who has been on the roads tonight will know only too well. Neither side could really have complained if it ended up all square but, for all their pressing, Macclesfield only forced McKeown to make one routine save all afternoon.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 26, 2014, 11:39pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from 75

From what Krusty says, that would be better. Glad I'm a vegetarian .

Bloody hell, thought I was the only one on here.

Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 26, 2014, 11:39pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from EY Mariner
Poor game played in increasingly difficult conditions, as anyone who has been on the roads tonight will know only too well. Neither side could really have complained if it ended up all square but, for all their pressing, Macclesfield only forced McKeown to make one routine save all afternoon.

And it came from a long way out too, it seems to be the only way to get past our defence!
Posted by: Teestogreen, December 26, 2014, 11:56pm; Reply: 26
from Morecambe v Carlisle

very competitive game - players in this game the likes of Grimsby may want to sign.

ok  - Kevin Ellison and Jamie Devitt played for Morecambe and were slightly short of greatness in terms of creating / scoring goals.

Was impressed with the threat of Beeley (the Morecambe right back) - where the team plan was to play him in on the overlap - Carlisle  had to resort to highly physical measures to prevent him (without referee intervention) - but he showed his quality - (good defender as well).

For Carlisle, Beck is the main physical striker  - LJL is far more accomplished imo. But Keith Curle team tactics dictated that his midfield neutralised this game - Dempsey and Potts.

Hopefully, Town reps are watching these sort of games - just in case we go up.

Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, December 27, 2014, 12:06am; Reply: 27
Quoted from grimps

I started to head towards Buxton as my Satnav was telling me but I shat myself and turned around.
Picked the M62 up and made it home for 8.30 thank god.
I still cant feel my feet , I cant believe the team coach headed that way, you'd think a professional driver would have seen the signs of trouble heading in that direction

i went that way and have just got home. snow was really bad but peoples lack of having any clue how to drive in it made it so much worse.  

Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 27, 2014, 12:15am; Reply: 28
Home 7 hours after leaving !!!! Nevermind, we got 3 points.

Just a quick one, do the guys in a red citreon ds3 come on here ? You was a massive help on the way home. Thank you
Posted by: sydney, December 27, 2014, 12:24am; Reply: 29
Just back seven hours in the Car stuck twice
That's after been stood in the rain and cold for two hours watching a poor game
Mac were poor worse than last season we thought
We did what we had to do
Fantastic result for us
Great support again
Can't make Lincoln
please gtfc put them in there place
Come on Town!!
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, December 27, 2014, 12:32am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Are we getting away with it at the moment?
Didn't think we were great against FGR to be honest - two moments of quality in a battling performance
Cannot hold onto the ball for 5 seconds
We probably have best defence in league - and it's a good job
We go 1-0 up but never seem able to kick on; why is that? It doesn't make sense as we have some excellent players IMO

said it many times this season - we don't score enough goals and a big part of that is not being able to build a head of steam up with high-tempo, passing football

Results are everything so these cracks get papered over and we all move on

I feel like we ask this question at this time of the season every season, we hope for January signings that provide a solution before we collapse, this year a Pacey creative player who can also get back and support the fullback (I realise it's conference and you usually have to settle for just one of those things) but we've not got it right in January as of yet and not had a good second half of a season, this year Paul hurst has to say to the board, ive kept us in a position to challenge, now provide me with a real quality player or two so that we can maintain the challenge and see if barnet collapse, think the board has shown a lot of believe in hurst in keeping him so now it's time to gamble and give the team that extra push, think anyone can see that this year we've got the base of quality that we need just needs building on, definately feel it's the most solid all round squad we've had despite some inconsistency and slight lack of goals

Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, December 27, 2014, 12:34am; Reply: 31
well just back after an interesting few hours on the M62 .
I thought the conditions made for a scrappy game, no one shone out for me from either team but we worked hard enough to grind out the points. I feel for Toto as I did not see much wrong with the tackle he got booked for which now means he misses the next two games

Got to also say hats off to the town fans behind the goal today, with no cover it must have been torture.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 27, 2014, 1:59am; Reply: 32
We were fortunate enough to be allowed to move into the seating thanks to a couple of great stewards. Fantastic noise and support from all those that made the journey
Posted by: jimgtfc, December 27, 2014, 9:23am; Reply: 33
I think I might have actually dried out at last haha. Cracking day, cracking result... UTM!!!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 27, 2014, 9:25am; Reply: 34
I went on the m62 and got home for 7:30, in guessing there must've been an accident just after then?
Posted by: WappingMariner, December 27, 2014, 10:55am; Reply: 35
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
We were fortunate enough to be allowed to move into the seating thanks to a couple of great stewards. Fantastic noise and support from all those that made the journey

I did wonder why all of the sudden those in the seated section had become a little rowdy in the second half. Then I turned my head and thought 'jammy buggers'. Fantastic effort from all Town fans who made the trip yesterday. Some of them have only just got home.
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 27, 2014, 11:13am; Reply: 36
Can I just say that the abuse of Mackreth on this board week after week is absolutely tiresome. We all know what he's capeable of, he's torn us apart plenty of times in the past. Give the lad a break, he's just scored the winning goal FFS.
Posted by: mariner91, December 27, 2014, 11:15am; Reply: 37
Quoted from pontoonlew
Can I just say that the abuse of Mackreth on this board week after week is absolutely tiresome. We all know what he's capeable of, he's torn us apart plenty of times in the past. Give the lad a break, he's just scored the winning goal FFS.

Then it's really about time he started to show it. Well done to him for the goal yesterday but so far I've failed to see him look anything like dangerous.
Posted by: LH, December 27, 2014, 11:27am; Reply: 38
Remember the slating you were giving LJL being one of the favourites and always picked? He's been doing the business all year. Mackreth, frankly, hasn't. He's been really disappointing but has a couple of goals in the last few weeks now so hoping he's turned a corner.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 27, 2014, 11:33am; Reply: 39
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Wuss ;D
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 27, 2014, 11:36am; Reply: 40
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Wuss ;D

Or sensible  :P
Posted by: cod_head_doug, December 27, 2014, 11:52am; Reply: 41
well just back after an interesting few hours on the M62 .
I thought the conditions made for a scrappy game, no one shone out for me from either team but we worked hard enough to grind out the points. I feel for Toto as I did not see much wrong with the tackle he got booked for which now means he misses the next two games

Got to also say hats off to the town fans behind the goal today, with no cover it must have been torture.

We got home at 12.15, but it was my fault for stopping for a curry after the match in Manchesters curry mile !
M62 at saddleworth was real dodgy, didnt move for minutes at a time then 10 mile an hour until we got past the Huddersfield turn off.
Thought that the conditions were affecting the game quite a lot, resulting in a lot of sloppy play by both teams.
Agree that Pearson was MOM, but Brown did a great job busting up their midfield. Suprised how poor they were, or was it that we dominated them so much. Good beer and chip butty in Big Keefs bar, and friendly locals. Good decision to buy seating tickets.
And a fantastic three points, well done lads.
Just what lower league footy is all about.
Posted by: grimsbymaz, December 27, 2014, 12:52pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Home 7 hours after leaving !!!! Nevermind, we got 3 points.

Just a quick one, do the guys in a red citreon ds3 come on here ? You was a massive help on the way home. Thank you

I was in the car. It the other guys doing the work tbh i was just sat in the back... Attempting to going up that hill was a bit frightening..
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 27, 2014, 2:27pm; Reply: 43
We got home just after 7.30pm but assume we were probably amongst the first Town fans away and went over the Pennines and we hit the snow just as it was starting to fall we said then anyone coming that way half an hour later was in for a rough ride just hope everyone made it back safe however long ot took .Great 3 points UTM
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 27, 2014, 2:44pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from LH
Remember the slating you were giving LJL being one of the favourites and always picked? He's been doing the business all year. Mackreth, frankly, hasn't. He's been really disappointing but has a couple of goals in the last few weeks now so hoping he's turned a corner.

And remember the slating people got for questioning LJL? Yet the same people seem to be happy to have an open season on Mackreth instead, the same Mackreth who has the most assists in the team this season.
Posted by: Richard Cranium, December 27, 2014, 2:59pm; Reply: 45
The team coach was home before 8.30 p.m.
Obviously the team bus driver used his noggin and adhered to dodging the trip via Buxton (which you would avoid this time of the year anyway) owing
to the forecast of snow. We were home at 8.45 p.m. after half hour stop at Ferrybridge'
Posted by: rancido, December 27, 2014, 3:18pm; Reply: 46
I can understand the criticism about Mackreth but more on account of the player we thought we were getting. PH has publicly stated that he has been after him for two seasons and I really thought we were getting somebody a lot more dynamic than we got. He may be quick but I haven't seen a lot of evidence  of this. He always seems reluctant to take on his full-back ( but this could be his instructions , I don't know ). IMO he seems no better than Coulbeck and at least he used to support his full-back more. I've heard a little bit of a whisper that he isn't really happy here but it could just be an unfounded rumour.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 27, 2014, 3:43pm; Reply: 47
Just come across a few pics ( sorry if already posted )

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/pictures/PHOTO-GALLERY-GTFC-v-Macclesfield/pictures-25769028-detail/pictures.html#11
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 27, 2014, 5:14pm; Reply: 48
The problem is, if we are going to play counterattacking football we need fast wingers that are going to fly through and aim at getting straight to the pen area or if wide beating the full back then laying it back for incoming players in the box. Not ambling towards the corner flag then turning round and passing it 10/15 yards backwards for the full back to punt a hopeful diagonal ball onto the head of the opposing centre half, this unfortuneately is what we got throughout yesterdays game with Mackreth
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 2:39pm