Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 26, 2014, 7:23pm
I see their master plan of avoiding us for a bumper Boxing Day crowd paid off as they came in their droves.

All 2685 of them. ;D
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 26, 2014, 7:27pm; Reply: 1
66 from Alfreton  ;D
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 26, 2014, 7:33pm; Reply: 2
I would be surprised if they bring more than 400 to BP on Sunday
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, December 26, 2014, 7:47pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from fleabag1970

700-800 this time I think
Posted by: barralad, December 26, 2014, 8:32pm; Reply: 4
I might be a Bah! Humbug but I don't get this criticism. Lincoln were always going to get a "big" gate when they played us so why play on Boxing Day? They will count it as a good day if they got more than they normally would for a home game....
Posted by: GrimRob, December 26, 2014, 9:23pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from barralad
I might be a Bah! Humbug but I don't get this criticism. Lincoln were always going to get a "big" gate when they played us so why play on Boxing Day? They will count it as a good day if they got more than they normally would for a home game....

Because they'll maybe get 500 less Town fans playing us away from 26th than if they were to play us on Boxing Day. That's money out of their pocket they'll never make up by a few extra Alfreton fans.
Posted by: Helgy, December 26, 2014, 9:55pm; Reply: 6
Not too a bad a crowd for a  mid table conference side ,we are 4th highest supported club in the league & your the 3rd not something we can brag about really is it?

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/confprem/attendances
Posted by: LH, December 26, 2014, 9:58pm; Reply: 7
Aren't the top four biggest attendances all games involving GTFC?  ;)
Posted by: Abdul19, December 26, 2014, 10:02pm; Reply: 8
Wasn't there just under 2000 GTFC fans at Sincil Bank this year and last? But with a smaller police bill this year.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 26, 2014, 11:15pm; Reply: 9
Personally couldnt give a sh1t if it was played out in front of two men and a dog as long as we win but i have the feeling they will get the double over us.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 26, 2014, 11:19pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from pontoonlew
I see their master plan of avoiding us for a bumper Boxing Day crowd paid off as they came in their droves.

All 2685 of them. ;D

Much smaller club, fair play to the 2685 who supported their club instead of watching Jeff Stelling.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 27, 2014, 12:28am; Reply: 11
Quoted from LH
Aren't the top four biggest attendances all games involving GTFC?  ;)

Yes. And our midweek attendance in September at Lincoln was almost twice what it was there on Boxing Day this year. And don't forget we always can sell more than our allocation at SB on Boxing Day. Economics of the madhouse.
Posted by: LH, December 27, 2014, 12:30am; Reply: 12
To be honest attendances don't bother me at all. It's a bit "two bald men fighting over a comb" while we're in this league.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 27, 2014, 2:36pm; Reply: 13
Not that LCFC would be bothered but their selfish actions caused 700 Town fans a near 3 hr journey both ways in treacherous weather at a time of year for no apparent reason? The Boxing Day and reverse NYD fixture has been the respective Clubs highest league attendance every year and was arranged for the benefit of the travelling fans again not that it effects LCFC particularly has they don't travel!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, December 27, 2014, 3:22pm; Reply: 14
Screw Lincoln, they have opted for it, not bothered if we dont play them away over the Christmas period in the future, let them lose out on revenue.

I woudn't mind Halifax home or away around this time, it's not that far.

Seems abit weird playing any team twice in quick succession anyway.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, December 27, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Not that LCFC would be bothered but their selfish actions caused 700 Town fans a near 3 hr journey both ways in treacherous weather at a time of year for no apparent reason? The Boxing Day and reverse NYD fixture has been the respective Clubs highest league attendance every year and was arranged for the benefit of the travelling fans again not that it effects LCFC particularly has they don't travel!

700 Town fans went yesterday?
Posted by: BIGChris, December 27, 2014, 3:34pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Paris Mariner

700 Town fans went yesterday?

yes
Posted by: rancido, December 27, 2014, 3:35pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Screw Lincoln, they have opted for it, not bothered if we dont play them away over the Christmas period in the future, let them lose out on revenue.

I woudn't mind Halifax home or away around this time, it's not that far.

Seems abit weird playing any team twice in quick succession anyway.

In the 1950's we often played a team on Christmas Day and then the reverse fixture on the Boxing Day!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, December 27, 2014, 3:55pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from rancido
In the 1950's we often played a team on Christmas Day and then the reverse fixture on the Boxing Day!
Ooh didn't know that.  I think they used to play games on a Good Friday too back then (Confused)

Not sure, but I seem to recall my dad mentioning they used to practically let everyone on the docks finish early so they could all bomb it down the road to watch the match lol.
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, December 27, 2014, 4:30pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from rancido

Was that time we played Man Utd home & away & won both games?
Posted by: jock dock tower, December 27, 2014, 5:54pm; Reply: 20
^^^^^^^

1930's when we last beat MUFC
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, December 27, 2014, 6:04pm; Reply: 21
Grimsby Pete will remember those fixtures well ;)
Posted by: DocTower, December 28, 2014, 7:18am; Reply: 22
Quoted from fleabag1970

Think your right , they will see the snow and decide not to come over , 400 max . There could even be  more police than them !
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 28, 2014, 8:28am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Ooh didn't know that.  I think they used to play games on a Good Friday too back then (Confused)

Not sure, but I seem to recall my dad mentioning they used to practically let everyone on the docks finish early so they could all bomb it down the road to watch the match lol.

People ASK for unpaid overtime now
Posted by: Helgy, December 28, 2014, 9:54am; Reply: 24
Quoted from DocTower

Think your right , they will see the snow and decide not to come over , 400 max . There could even be  more police than them !

Keep saying it there has been no excuses this season 800 plus.
Posted by: Richard Cranium, December 28, 2014, 10:07am; Reply: 25
How many of our fans were saying they won't watch us again while Hurst is still here ? Bet they go today
Posted by: sydney, December 28, 2014, 10:23am; Reply: 26
Lincoln away Boxing Day would be better
We would get home a lot earlier!
Beat the Gimps today
Come on Town!!
Posted by: lukeo, December 28, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 27
how many is there? I've seen on facebook around 700 ??
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 3:21pm