Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 22, 2014, 10:53pm
Looks like he tried to commit suicide,depression is a terrible state to be in let's hope he makes it and spare a thought for the innocent lorry driver
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 22, 2014, 11:18pm; Reply: 1
Hope he is ok mate, what happened?  I know a couple of people ( close friends ) who suffer with depression and it's not very nice to see. :-/
Posted by: northbankmariner, December 22, 2014, 11:22pm; Reply: 2
Wow didn't know this had happened. There was a very interesting documentary on him on tv earlier this year and he did mention his previous depression issues on there and what the fa could do for players in a similar situation. A very very intelligent man gripped by a horrible illness. Hope he pulls through and no one else are badly hurt.
Posted by: LH, December 22, 2014, 11:28pm; Reply: 3
Injuries not life threatening according to Twitter.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, December 23, 2014, 7:49am; Reply: 4
I've not seen anywhere that it says attempted suicide, I'm not having a go but are you putting depressive and accident together and coming up with suicide attempt?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 23, 2014, 9:31am; Reply: 5
i read that he was hit by a Lorry, nothing was said about attempted suicide
Posted by: fishyrich, December 23, 2014, 9:36am; Reply: 6
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Looks like he tried to commit suicide,depression is a terrible state to be in let's hope he makes it and spare a thought for the innocent lorry driver

Nothing anywhere to suggest this was a suicide attempt and pretty poor quality to suggest it was.

INSERT FACTS HERE...........

UTM
Posted by: Poojah, December 23, 2014, 9:47am; Reply: 7
http://m.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11681760.Serious_crash_on_A64/

"It was suggested on Monday that the injured man either walked into the road or fell from a bridge into the path of oncoming traffic."
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 23, 2014, 10:11am; Reply: 8
Quoted from fishyrich

Nothing anywhere to suggest this was a suicide attempt and pretty poor quality to suggest it was.

UTM

N. Yorks Police said the accident involved a pedestrian and a lorry. They are investigating "all avenues".

Main road, fast heavy traffic, pedestrian ......... Looks and sounds like a deliberate act doesn't it?

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 23, 2014, 10:18am; Reply: 9
If The Fishy has taught us anything in the past few days it's that it might be better to wait for the facts before speculating about potentially very sensitive issues. Just hope he recovers quickly and that the driver of the lorry is okay.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 23, 2014, 10:32am; Reply: 10
I hate to read on my twitter feed that 'Sky sports will be live to the hospital'

Let the medics, him and his family deal with this stop being so gory and intrusive.

Yes, people may want to know how he is but just report the bulletins from the hospital!!!
Posted by: Rick12, December 23, 2014, 12:24pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from northbankmariner
Wow didn't know this had happened. There was a very interesting documentary on him on tv earlier this year and he did mention his previous depression issues on there and what the fa could do for players in a similar situation. A very very intelligent man gripped by a horrible illness. Hope he pulls through and no one else are badly hurt.
Saw that great documentary

Posted by: tarka, December 23, 2014, 3:49pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from BIGChris
I hate to read on my twitter feed that 'Sky sports will be live to the hospital'

Let the medics, him and his family deal with this stop being so gory and intrusive.

Yes, people may want to know how he is but just report the bulletins from the hospital!!!

Couldn't agree more Chris - and if indeed there is a suspicion of self harm that is even more reason for the media to leave him and his family in peace.  Good luck to him, whatever the reason for this tragic accident.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 23, 2014, 5:32pm; Reply: 13
From one who suffers with depression I can feel for Clarke,

Please do not judge him ( if he did mean to kill himself ) when you are in that state nothing anybody says helps,

I wish him a speedy recovery and my thoughts go out to his family.
Posted by: RichMariner, December 23, 2014, 11:57pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from BIGChris

Agreed. The media is incredibly intrusive these days. Just after that awful attack on the school in Pakistan last week we had a reporter shove a microphone underneath the chin of a poor lad who was laid out on a hospital bed surrounded by friends and family, literally moments after he had arrived.

Fair enough, we want to know what's going on, but I felt awkward watching it. They were straight in there asking questions without any thought for him or his relatives.

The sad truth, though, is that if they don't get the story from him first, some other news channel will. They're always pushing boundaries.

When I was younger I wanted to be a journalist or a reporter. Now I'm sort of glad I'm not, because I couldn't be that intrusive.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 24, 2014, 1:15am; Reply: 15
Quoted from BIGChris

Best thing is to give the cold shoulder to all such media. As far as is possible. Ditch your Sky feeds and subscriptions. it only encourages the illegitimates.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 24, 2014, 10:50am; Reply: 16
[quote=120728]

Hes tried to commit suicide before he suffers massively with depression the part of road where it happened on the A 64 suggests a deliberate act (York press) serving north York's fire officer tweeted about attending a attempt suicide on the 64....but yeh I'm not 100% it was a suicide attempt but going on the facts above it sways me that way but as for poor quality ? Let's all hope he recovers
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 29, 2014, 4:37pm; Reply: 17
Clarke is still poorly  but stable and expected to make a full recovery,

Good news.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 30, 2014, 4:55pm; Reply: 18
Latest News,

Clarke was stopped by the police a few days before the accident ?

He refused to take a breath test or give a blood sample at the nick,

So he is due in court on Jan 20th,

Suffering with depression and that happened would have put him over the edge,
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 30, 2014, 5:43pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
[quote=120728]

Hes tried to commit suicide before he suffers massively with depression the part of road where it happened on the A 64 suggests a deliberate act (York press) serving north York's fire officer tweeted about attending a attempt suicide on the 64....but yeh I'm not 100% it was a suicide attempt but going on the facts above it sways me that way but as for poor quality ? Let's all hope he recovers

A few weeks back some guy jumped off a bridge on the A63 near to Hull more or less across the road from a school

The poor guy who did this must have been totally desperate to go through with it and seems Clarke Carlisle was seemingly in a similar dark place

Anyone who takes this kind of option doesn't often survive so how he feels now, given all the publicity, must be almost unbearable and not just for him but for his family too

Spare a thought too for anyone else involved in the accident / incident. Anyone who witnesses this kind of thing will be affected too - really tragic circumstances for everyone concerned and my thoughts are with them
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 6:00pm