Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, December 20, 2014, 10:24am
I would like to apologise to the club for my linking the message I received from Martin Furneaux with the lack of a minute's silence at the game last night. It was a mistake by the referee that there was no minute's silence.

I should have checked with the club first before linking the two. It was an error of judgement on my part. I did not know the facts and did not think though what I was doing or saying . .
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, December 20, 2014, 10:38am; Reply: 1
Quoted from GrimRob
I would like to apologise to the club for my linking the message I received from Martin Furneaux with the lack of a minute's silence at the game last night. It was a mistake by the referee that there was no minute's silence.

I should have checked with the club first before linking the two. It was an error of judgement on my part. I did not know the facts and did not think though what I was doing or saying . .

Quoted from Getyourfactsright

That's Appreciated Rob and thank you.

Hope the fans turn out in droves to finally send Peter to his maker.

A minutes silence will celebrate and respect Peters life and commitment to the club over 21 years as agreed with his immediate family at the next home game agains Lincoln on the 28th.

Regards John

Posted by: Doubled, December 20, 2014, 11:16am; Reply: 2
These things happen
Posted by: Garth, December 20, 2014, 11:19am; Reply: 3
My utmost respect for that Rob
Posted by: Grimal, December 20, 2014, 12:02pm; Reply: 4
It takes a real person to apologize Rob, well done mate.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 20, 2014, 12:17pm; Reply: 5
Me too, I emailed John about this. I jumped to the wrong conclusion based on that message. I've apologised to John. Feel a bit daft now.
Posted by: davmariner, December 20, 2014, 12:52pm; Reply: 6
Why am I not surprised that it was a refereeing mistake? He should also apologise to the club.
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, December 20, 2014, 1:08pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from davmariner
Why am I not surprised that it was a refereeing mistake? He should also apologise to the club.

Rob refered to it as a ref mistake.

This is not correct. It was on the top of the page of the notes to be communicated to the Ref and had been missed. It's a club mistake which will be corrected at the next home game.

Posted by: Les Brechin, December 20, 2014, 1:28pm; Reply: 8

Rob refered to it as a ref mistake.

This is not correct. It was on the top of the page of the notes to be communicated to the Ref and had been missed. It's a club mistake which will be corrected at the next home game.

And fair play to you for that John. You could well have just passed it off as a mistake by the referee, so well done for admitting it was a club mistake.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 20, 2014, 1:32pm; Reply: 9
apologies all around, life goes on, i'll be there on the 28th to pay my repects RIP Peter :)

UTM!!
Posted by: GrimExile, December 20, 2014, 1:45pm; Reply: 10
Mistakes happen, we are all human and I think the way people should be judged is how they react when they have made a mistake. Rob apologised immediately and to my mind that says volumes and also credit to John Fenty who immediately accepted that apology. Well done to all.
Posted by: grimps, December 20, 2014, 1:51pm; Reply: 11
A Derby game might not be the best for a minutes silence
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 20, 2014, 1:55pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimps
A Derby game might not be the best for a minutes silence

I don't think they will behave like animals but if they do it would only reflect badly on themselves. Sadly, I'll be missing this game but I'll observe a minutes silence from 30000 feet up.
Posted by: Meza, December 20, 2014, 3:05pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Grimal
It takes a real person to apologize Rob, well done mate.

Lol no....it takes a real person to apologise in to ones face but behind a keyboard its pretty simple. :P
Posted by: BPMariner, December 20, 2014, 5:25pm; Reply: 14
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/peter-furneaux-2155108.aspx
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 20, 2014, 5:28pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from BPMariner

Strange apology that!!!
Posted by: mariner tommy, December 20, 2014, 5:35pm; Reply: 16
And while we're on the subject of bad referees, I think it was one of the worst refereeing performances I have ever had the misfortune to watch at BP
In my opinion he was a complete clown.

UTM
Posted by: lukeo, December 24, 2014, 8:36am; Reply: 17
A ref made a mistake? NEVER!
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, December 24, 2014, 12:21pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Strange apology that!!!

Club information. Why should the club apologise to anyone other than the family.  Righteous P###

Posted by: biggles9999, December 24, 2014, 1:04pm; Reply: 19

Club information. Why should the club apologise to anyone other than the family.  Righteous P###

Maybe not selling the PR very well John. You and the club are getting plenty of credit throughout this thread and others regarding the videos that have been released recently.

I agree it wasnt much of an apology but your response here didnt really need to personal comment did it?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 24, 2014, 2:21pm; Reply: 20

I still refuse to believe this is the real Mr.Fenty.

Nobody in charge of any organisation would make a public comment such as that. It is inconceivable they would abuse the very people who still support the club despite a catastrophic fall into non league.

If I am wrong and it isn't a wind up, then I would really consider taking a back seat in everything connected to public relations for the club.    
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 24, 2014, 2:29pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from biggles9999

Maybe not selling the PR very well John. You and the club are getting plenty of credit throughout this thread and others regarding the videos that have been released recently.

I agree it wasnt much of an apology but your response here didnt really need to personal comment did it?

Maybe not selling pr very well John ...LOL
I'm struggling to believe its fenty but on the other hand(tooth)
Posted by: stuart brace was king, December 24, 2014, 2:34pm; Reply: 22

Fair play to both Rob and John; all born from a passion for the club and its supporters past and present, mistakes happen.
With such loyalty, dedication and team spirit off the pitch... Coupled with a fantastic Club Christmas video... Perhaps this will be our year.  Let's hope so!!
Merry Christmas to all, peace and goodwill.... And here's hoping we thrash the Silkmen on Boxing Day.
See you there!
UTM
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 24, 2014, 4:01pm; Reply: 23

Oh dear, more of the famous customer service.
If the mistake was between the club and ref a public apology would have been the right thing IMO for those who were looking to pay their respects.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/righteous
Posted by: GrimRob, December 24, 2014, 4:59pm; Reply: 24

I still refuse to believe this is the real Mr.Fenty.

Nobody in charge of any organisation would make a public comment such as that. It is inconceivable they would abuse the very people who still support the club despite a catastrophic fall into non league.

If I am wrong and it isn't a wind up, then I would really consider taking a back seat in everything connected to public relations for the club.    

Of course it is. If it wasn't don't you think the real life one would have come forward and object to this imposter taking his place on the public stage?. Even if you don't accept all the positive arguments verifying the identity of GYFR, then maybe you should consider being persuaded by a negative argument such as mine. If you remember your maths then some proofs are given by contradiction, the irrationality of the square root of two being a famous example (I got into a fight at school over this proof so I do remember it!).
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 24, 2014, 6:23pm; Reply: 25
It's defintely John Fenty, I still feel bad for emailing him about this to be fair. Anyway, careful John, don't do an Oyston!
Posted by: sonik, December 24, 2014, 8:34pm; Reply: 26
If some of the posters on here realised the vile and abuse John has had to put up with regarding this issue they would be very shocked to say the least. Absolutely not his fault regarding Peter's minutes silence. Feel for my brother at this time.

UTM!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 24, 2014, 8:53pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from sonik
If some of the posters on here realised the vile and abuse John has had to put up with regarding this issue they would be very shocked to say the least. Absolutely not his fault regarding Peter's minutes silence. Feel for my brother at this time.

UTM!

I don't think you'll find a single person on here who has or will say it's his fault.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 24, 2014, 8:56pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from sonik

UTM!

Although he's the only person on this thread who has personally abused anybody.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, December 24, 2014, 8:56pm; Reply: 29
To be be fair I think it is far more fitting that PF's minute applause or silence is against our nearest local rival  in terms of what league we are in. For what ever reason it didn't happen last home game, and there is no point bealing about it. Lets turn this into a positive and give the great man a proper GTFC send off in front of a far superior crowd.. UTM
Posted by: sonik, December 24, 2014, 9:01pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I don't think you'll find a single person on here who has or will say it's his fault.

Get over it! The people that are most affected by this are well informed in the right manner.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 25, 2014, 1:05am; Reply: 31

Oh dear!
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, December 25, 2014, 10:26am; Reply: 32
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Although he's the only person on this thread who has personally abused anybody.

It's only me and merry Christmas to all.

Did you see the thread named sham that has since been removed. Oh and not to mention the vile otherwise on here aimed at a certain individual.

A little mammary for tat. Can it not be taken like a man. Nothing to do with Club PR.

How much should one take from the likes of MR righteous HM with his wonderful hindsight and wisdom.

Isn't it holier-than-thou to expect me not to just on the very odd occasion to have!!!!! Well a little kick back.

It's laughable how some on here cannot take a mere fraction of what they give. .

Anyway just limbering up to the kids coming round and a wonderful crimbo dinner.

Peace and good will to all men and the very best to all my fishy friends

Best wishes
JOHN F

UTM and to winning ways XXX
Posted by: davmariner, December 25, 2014, 10:29am; Reply: 33

Did you see the thread named sham that has since been removed. Oh and not to mention the vile otherwise on here aimed at a certain individual.

A little mammary for tat. Can it not be taken like a man. Nothing to do with Club PR.

How much should one take from the likes of MR righteous HM with his wonderful hindsight and wisdom.

Isn't it holier-than-thou to expect me not to just on the very odd occasion to have!!!!! Well a little kick back.

It's laughable how some on here cannot take a mere fraction of what they give. .

Anyway just limbering up to the kids coming round and a wonderful crimbo dinner.

Best wishes
JOHN F

Merry Christmas John
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 25, 2014, 10:37am; Reply: 34
Merry Christmas John and to all fishy folk.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 25, 2014, 11:27am; Reply: 35
Wow. Honestly think our commander in chief doesn't do himself any favours using media outlets of any sort. Happy chrimbo everyone
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 25, 2014, 12:06pm; Reply: 36

Best wishes
JOHN F

Merry Christmas to you and yours John!
Posted by: codcheeky, December 25, 2014, 5:09pm; Reply: 37
Merry christmas to everyone and I'll have a pint of what johns on
Posted by: RoboCod, December 25, 2014, 6:45pm; Reply: 38
Merry Xmas to ALL Mariners including all the Righteous P###s !!!
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, December 25, 2014, 7:58pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from RoboCod
Merry Xmas to ALL Mariners including all the Righteous P###s !!!

Night Mary Ellen, night Jim Bob, Night John Boy.

AH Silent Night

but tomorrow UTM
Posted by: jock dock tower, December 25, 2014, 8:57pm; Reply: 40
Think the PR man must be on a day off because of yuletide. To let the club chairman print something like that is really beyond the pale. Where is this club going?
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, December 25, 2014, 10:42pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from jock dock tower
Think the PR man must be on a day off because of yuletide. To let the club chairman print something like that is really beyond the pale. Where is this club going?

think you need to get a life

This is a public forum for ALL GTFC fans not a PR tool for the club so why should he not post how he feels

and secondly he is not the chairman

Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 25, 2014, 10:55pm; Reply: 42

Best wishes
JOHN F

Classy response.....
Posted by: MarinerWY, December 25, 2014, 11:29pm; Reply: 43
Am I the only one that quite likes the fact that our majority shareholder is not a faceless executive, but someone who bleeds black and white, posts on the forum and gets excited, drunk off, retorts, posts daft stuff at times (just like we all do all of these!), contributes to discussions etc. is actually a really positive thing?

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with some of the stuff John posts, but that's by the by... I think the retorts are as unhelpful and retaliatory as some of the stuff coming the other way, but I think that regardless of who posts it and it doesn´t especially make it any better or worse because it happens to be John Fenty.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 25, 2014, 11:33pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from MarinerWY
Am I the only one that quite likes the fact that our majority shareholder is not a faceless executive, but someone who bleeds black and white, posts on the forum and gets excited, drunk off, retorts, posts daft stuff at times (just like we all do all of these!), contributes to discussions etc. is actually a really positive thing?

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with some of the stuff John posts, but that's by the by... I think the retorts are as unhelpful and retaliatory as some of the stuff coming the other way, but I think that regardless of who posts it and it doesn´t especially make it any better or worse because it happens to be John Fenty.

I think it's good that we have directors who post on forums and players who take part in spoof videos. This is ordinary life not the Land of the Plastics.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 26, 2014, 12:04am; Reply: 45

This is a public forum for ALL GTFC fans not a PR tool for the club so why should he not post how he feels

Ive read jocks posts on here for yonks they normally are decent posts about footy past and present with maybe a tinge of politics thrown in from time to time and even then fairly balanced you on the other hand
(no)(no)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 26, 2014, 12:22am; Reply: 46
Quoted from MarinerWY

I'd rather have someone in charge who is a bit calmer and makes the right decisions calmly and logically. Passion is an over-rated virtue.

Posted by: arryarryarry, December 26, 2014, 2:51am; Reply: 47

Having read several of your comments on here I do wonder about you and how close you are to a certain gentleman on here unless you are just an bottom licker.
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, December 26, 2014, 9:35am; Reply: 48
Quoted from arryarryarry

Having read several of your comments on here I do wonder about you and how close you are to a certain gentleman on here unless you are just an bottom licker.

ouch

just because I don't have headless chicken reactions when JF makes a post does not make me a bottom licker, sorry if I am a bit more level headed and realistic than yourself.

Posted by: Chrisblor, December 26, 2014, 10:10am; Reply: 49
I don't think blindly defending Fenty after he's barreled in here calling posters sharp objects for questioning another PR member-up by the club shows level-headedness at all. If anything, it calls our major-shareholder's judgement and maturity into question yet again.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, December 26, 2014, 10:20am; Reply: 50
Just caught up on this thread can we not just draw a line under it, back the players on the pitch today and get closer to that promotion spot. UTM
Posted by: MarinerWY, December 26, 2014, 11:37am; Reply: 51
Quoted from GrimRob

I think it's good that we have directors who post on forums and players who take part in spoof videos. This is ordinary life not the Land of the Plastics.

yeah thatś basically what i was trying to say. but if you want directors posting on forums as themselves, you gotta accept that those posts are all going to be PR vetted etc. and therefore might sometimes be just as daft etc. as some of the other posts on here

like mentioned i do not neccesarily agree with john´s reaction but just don´t mind that it was john who happened to post it, thats all.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 26, 2014, 12:46pm; Reply: 52

In times of someone's passing, emotions run high.  

This thread isn't doing this forum or certain posters any good and I doubt PF or his family want to read this.

This thread has run it's course and should be deleted.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 26, 2014, 12:55pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'd rather have someone in charge who is a bit calmer and makes the right decisions calmly and logically. Passion is an over-rated virtue.

One that studies the finance and tells the manager NO we have no money to bring that player in,?

One that does not talk to the media or fans,?

One with no passion,?

No thanks, I would have John any day.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 27, 2014, 12:38am; Reply: 54
Quoted from grimsby pete

One that studies the finance and tells the manager NO we have no money to bring that player in,? [Yes. Ovespending hasn't brought us success has it?]

One that does not talk to the media or fans,? [One that counts to ten before giving abuse to fans]

One with no passion,? [Give me a cool calculating head rather than someone prone to lose it every now and again.]

No thanks, I would have John any day.

Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:42am