Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 19, 2014, 3:39pm
JUst a bit of fun , there are players who every one wished they'd played for their Team .

I'll get the ball rolling . I'm a closet Spurs fand and i wish Paul Merson had played for Spurs

As for Town ,  James Vardy in recent times

Obv's keep it realistic .......................
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, December 19, 2014, 4:40pm; Reply: 1
Robbie Fowler......
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 19, 2014, 5:37pm; Reply: 2
Taking a different slant:

Peter Beagrie.  "Because he never really played for us".
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 19, 2014, 6:07pm; Reply: 3
I wish Ryan Giggs had been English and also Gareth Bale -

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/98yj4g.jpg[/IMG]
Posted by: livosnose, December 19, 2014, 6:47pm; Reply: 4
Tommy Mooney and Steve Claridge
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 19, 2014, 7:45pm; Reply: 5
Cameron Jerome...
Posted by: forza ivano, December 19, 2014, 10:16pm; Reply: 6
Luke gutteridge,akinfemwa,, the lad who used to play central midfield for Luton, scott Davies, Simon he slop, the ex Plymouth central midfielder for torquay, dunkley from kiddy, clayton donaldson
Posted by: lukeo, December 20, 2014, 6:02am; Reply: 7
ANYONE who can score 30+ goals a season and get us promoted
Posted by: moosey_club, December 20, 2014, 9:22am; Reply: 8
Bury/Bolton   -   David Lee...always stood out for me
WBA -  Richard Sneekes.....class player
Posted by: tashee69, December 20, 2014, 10:05am; Reply: 9
Quoted from forza ivano
, Simon he slop,

Don't say that name, even if it's a different player. One of the worst midfielders I've seen in a town shirt... and that's against some opposition  ;D
Posted by: forza ivano, December 20, 2014, 1:42pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from tashee69

Don't say that name, even if it's a different player. One of the worst midfielders I've seen in a town shirt... and that's against some opposition  ;D

I agree.im one of the few to see the overweight useless article in an appalling defeat at gillingham. However the Simon he slop at Oxford was excellent

Keith Keane was the Luton midfielder and I wouldn't have minded their keeper Tyler either. They always look a class apart whenever we played them
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 20, 2014, 1:53pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from moosey_club
Bury/Bolton   -   David Lee...always stood out for me
WBA -  Richard Sneekes.....class player

I was pleased when David Lee finally retired, he murdered us every time we played Bolton. AB tried hard to sign Sneekes from WBA but we couldn't get him. He would have been great for us, would have fitted into our style perfectly.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 20, 2014, 3:20pm; Reply: 12
Billy knot.now at Bradford.looked a good player when on loan at woking
Posted by: barrattstandman, December 21, 2014, 2:50pm; Reply: 13
Gary Pallister. Actually we did have him for 45 minutes as a schoolboy 15/16 year old triallist. Sent him packing saying he was no good (great ability spotting) / He went to Norwich, the rest is history !
Posted by: BIGChris, December 21, 2014, 5:13pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from barrattstandman
Gary Pallister. Actually we did have him for 45 minutes as a schoolboy 15/16 year old triallist. Sent him packing saying he was no good (great ability spotting) / He went to Norwich, the rest is history !

Pallister started at Billingham before moving to Middlesborough. Don think he ever played at Norwich ( are you getting mixed up with the Dull City manager?)
Posted by: barrattstandman, December 21, 2014, 8:05pm; Reply: 15
No I am right in saying that it was Gary Pallister but wrong in the club he played for. It was common knowledge that he had a  trial for us after he got a pro.
I could even tell you who saw him play and turn him away.
Posted by: tashee69, December 21, 2014, 9:19pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from BIGChris

Pallister started at Billingham before moving to Middlesborough. Don think he ever played at Norwich ( are you getting mixed up with the Dull City manager?)

Dull City manager played a few years at Gillingham before he moved to Norwich.
Anyway at 15/16 some players that don't look up to it, others that look world beaters end up on the scrap heap. Look at John Bostock for an example of that. Remember the uproar created by the Palace chairman when he signed for Spurs aged 16. England's big future prospect plays in the Belgium second division.
Peter Beardsley, David Platt and many others have been released from clubs as youngsters. Nobody gets it right all the time.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 23, 2014, 8:54am; Reply: 17
Quoted from tashee69

Peter Beardsley, David Platt and many others have been released from clubs as youngsters. Nobody gets it right all the time.

i was released by Blundell Juniors when i was about 10........i like to think they regretted that decision ever since.......who stills playing and where are they now eh? Eh?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 23, 2014, 7:17pm; Reply: 18
Gary Lineker. Town board couldn't/wouldn't raise the £80,000 fee that Leicester wanted.

Duncan McKenzie. Too small apparently for his hometown club.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 23, 2014, 10:10pm; Reply: 19
Paul Lambert when he was at Bristol Rovers,

Charlie Austin when he was at Southend,

Joe Hart when he was at Shrewsbury,
Posted by: BIGChris, December 24, 2014, 6:52am; Reply: 20
Quoted from grimsby pete
Paul Lambert when he was at Bristol Rovers,

Charlie Austin when he was at Southend,

Joe Hart when he was at Shrewsbury,

I get your point but Charlie Austin never played for Southend & I think you mean Rickie
lambert  ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 26, 2014, 1:10pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from BIGChris

I get your point but Charlie Austin never played for Southend & I think you mean Rickie
lambert  ;)

Apart from that I would still have them  ;D

Its an age thing I forget names and places,

BUT

Never forget a face Chris  :P
Posted by: barralad, December 26, 2014, 10:19pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Gary Lineker. Town board couldn't/wouldn't raise the £80,000 fee that Leicester wanted.

Duncan McKenzie. Too small apparently for his hometown club.

My understanding was that McKenzie was spotted by a locally based Nottingham Forest scout playing for Notre Dame. As Forest were in Division 1 and Town in Division 3 it wasn't a difficult choice.I  
Posted by: Meza, December 26, 2014, 10:42pm; Reply: 23
Dion Dublin when at Cambridge

Brett Angell when at Southend

Neil Mcnab when at Tranmere

Kevin Betsey when at Wycombe

And the Bradford CB when he played at BP he was probably the best defender i have seen at BP damit whats his name i think he went to spurs for 1 million tall black centre half.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 26, 2014, 10:43pm; Reply: 24
Dean Richards? (Spurs via Saints and Wolves I think)
Posted by: Meza, December 26, 2014, 10:47pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Abdul19
Dean Richards? (Spurs via Saints and Wolves I think)

Ah well done Abdul thats the one thank god for that otherwise i wouldn't have been able to sleep lol.  He was immense against us in a mid week game at BP town couldn't get past him he was a rock.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 27, 2014, 12:29am; Reply: 26
Quoted from barralad

My understanding was that McKenzie was spotted by a locally based Nottingham Forest scout playing for Notre Dame. As Forest were in Division 1 and Town in Division 3 it wasn't a difficult choice.I  

Not difficult for Duncan but I heard that Town had actually rejected him on account of his size.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 27, 2014, 12:31am; Reply: 27
Stan Collymore when he was at Southend. Like a grown up playing against kids. He single-handedly beat us.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 8:55am