Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sutton mariner, December 18, 2014, 11:46pm
My fishy friends!

I have a dilemma.

The usual Boxing Day routine is to drive up from London and see the family in Grimsby for a few days. Last few years this has been done via Lincoln and all is well.

This year with it being Macc Away and my mum not being too well, my old man has taken the decision not to go via the football, which I can understand (ish ;) )

Is there a cheap ish way of getting to the game and then getting back to grimsby? I was thinking jumping on a train somewhere en route and close ish to Macclesfield, then jumping in a kind soul's car on the way back.

Can anyone help a desperate mariner?

Christmas isn't quite the same without Boxing Day football.  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 19, 2014, 6:16am; Reply: 1
Train on Boxing Day have you checked ?
Posted by: Belfast Town, December 19, 2014, 7:31am; Reply: 2
Trains don't normally run on Boxing Day, do they?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 19, 2014, 8:38am; Reply: 3
I do know there are no trains in or out of Cleethorpes/Grimsby on Boxing Day, I would be very surprised if any trains are running in any area to be honest. Normal service should resume on the Saturday morning.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 19, 2014, 1:00pm; Reply: 4
Unlucky mate. , it's Boxing Day with the family then !!
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, December 19, 2014, 1:00pm; Reply: 5
I need boxing day help to get out of the family buffet at the in laws so I can go Macclesfield!!!
Posted by: timmo, December 19, 2014, 10:15pm; Reply: 6
Sutton Mariner & fcukthescunts - I will be driving across from grimsby (can collect en route) if a lift is needed.

Timmo
UTM
Posted by: Grimal, December 19, 2014, 11:02pm; Reply: 7
I can give you a lift again Jack but will be travelling from Grimsby this time, not Nottingham as before.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, December 19, 2014, 11:55pm; Reply: 8
Thanks Timmo not issue getting there but issue in removing thumb from my forehead  ;)
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 3:04pm