Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 18, 2014, 5:51pm
Groin strain.
Seems to get a lot of injuries ..........?
Posted by: BIGChris, December 18, 2014, 5:58pm; Reply: 1
In his 2 completed season with us he has made 42 & 43 appearances
Posted by: livosnose, December 18, 2014, 5:58pm; Reply: 2
Top shagger !
Posted by: ackomariner, December 18, 2014, 6:08pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from livosnose
Top shagger !

;)
Posted by: chaos33, December 18, 2014, 6:11pm; Reply: 4
Lol
Posted by: chaos33, December 18, 2014, 6:21pm; Reply: 5
It's a loss but plenty of options
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 18, 2014, 8:42pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from chaos33
It's a loss but plenty of options

None that get forward anything like Azza though. Will be a big miss for us.
Posted by: jimgtfc, December 18, 2014, 8:53pm; Reply: 7
Magnay left back, Parslow right back... no problem.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 18, 2014, 8:58pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from jimgtfc
Magnay left back, Parslow right back... no problem.

And no pace, we won't be able to squeeze too high up the pitch or they'll get in behind us.
Posted by: LH, December 18, 2014, 9:18pm; Reply: 9
Our good run coincided with his return. Big miss but we should be good enough without him tomorrow.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 18, 2014, 9:20pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 75

None that get forward anything like Azza though. Will be a big miss for us.

Agree. We can cover well enough defensively but Azz gives us great balance in an attacking sense
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 18, 2014, 9:34pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from BIGChris

Agree. We can cover well enough defensively but Azz gives us great balance in an attacking sense

If Winfarrah is fit this is an ideal opportunity to give him a go.

Posted by: BIGChris, December 18, 2014, 9:43pm; Reply: 12
Winfarrah has played a few minutes as a left back in first team football. I dont recall him playing there at any stage in the youth set up.

I think Walker is much closer to the first team and IF one is required to play I'd much rather Walker at right back and Magnay at left. It is then a question of whether Hurst decides to recall Toto at centre back or sticks with the more experienced Parslow against Jon Parkin
Posted by: chaos33, December 18, 2014, 10:29pm; Reply: 13
Well it might actually get Hurst out of that 'Parslow in the holding role' nonsense that he seems to favour that nobody else can understand.
Posted by: gary_elton, December 19, 2014, 2:49am; Reply: 14
I think Aswad is the dogs bollox.... met him at the open day... had a good chat with him and a photo taken
on the pitch...

great fella and hard working honest footballer.... we will miss him at LB... hurry back young man
Posted by: BIGChris, December 19, 2014, 6:41am; Reply: 15
Quoted from chaos33
Well it might actually get Hurst out of that 'Parslow in the holding role' nonsense that he seems to favour that nobody else can understand.

Wrexham and Torquay certainly couldn't understand or cope with it ;)
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 19, 2014, 9:12am; Reply: 16
Quoted from chaos33

not having a go, but at Wrexham i thought he did that role brilliantly.

when he played RB at home to Woking i think, he was awful
Posted by: Garth, December 19, 2014, 10:46am; Reply: 17
Chance for Bignot at right back Magnay at left Toto in,  and Paslow holding
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 19, 2014, 11:32am; Reply: 18
Quoted from BIGChris

Wrexham and Torquay certainly couldn't understand or cope with it ;)

Can't comment on the Torquay game since I wasn't there, but he wasn't that impressive playing there against Wrexham and they put us under a fair bit of sustained pressure in the second half while we sat back. You'd expect a defensive midfielder to stop that kind of thing from happening. He certainly cost us two points playing as a holding midfielder against Altrincham when he basically passed an easy clearance straight back to them in stoppage time.

I'd definitely favour playing him in defense (centre half / right back) or not at all. Clay can play the defensive midfield role a lot better than Parslow.
Posted by: ackomariner, December 19, 2014, 11:43am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Chrisblor

Can't comment on the Torquay game since I wasn't there, but he wasn't that impressive playing there against Wrexham and they put us under a fair bit of sustained pressure in the second half while we sat back. You'd expect a defensive midfielder to stop that kind of thing from happening. He certainly cost us two points playing as a holding midfielder against Altrincham when he basically passed an easy clearance straight back to them in stoppage time.

I'd definitely favour playing him in defense (centre half / right back) or not at all. Clay can play the defensive midfield role a lot better than Parslow.

Good post, clay for me too playing the holding midfielder role
Posted by: BIGChris, December 19, 2014, 11:56am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Chrisblor

I thought he was excellent at Wrexham. We were under pressure but his presence contributed hugely to the clean sheet and the 3 points in my view and they resorted to hoofing it in as they couldnt play through us.

I am not saying i'd play him in that role tonight but he has made a significant contribution to away wins earlier in the season
Posted by: chaos33, December 19, 2014, 11:59am; Reply: 21
He's not a holding midfielder IMO and he's a player I've seen a fair bit of. The last time I saw him playing there (Halifax at home) I thought he was very unimpressive. For me he is a very solid utility defender and is dependable and generally consistent, but every one of our other midfielders has more to offer there for me.
Posted by: diehardmariner, December 19, 2014, 12:26pm; Reply: 22
I definitely disagree that any of our other midfielders are more than capable of Parslow in that holding role, simply because it's not their game.  

I'm sure a few will state Brown is a more accomplished holding midfielder but for me there is a massive difference between a deep lying midfielder like Brown and a holding midfielder.  If we play a holding midfielder I want him to screen the back four, with little focus on anything else.  Brown's game is about getting the ball deep, starting the passing and bridging the gap between defence and midfield.  

Disley and Clay would be wasted in a holding role, nor have I seen they have  the attributes to succeed it at.  They're box-to-box players in my eyes.

The role Parslow plays is something we will need to utilise at times for the remainder of the season but against any opposition I don't want to see it at home games, nor do I think Parslow has the technical abilities to play in a more traditional four man midfield.  For me he is there as defensive cover and when needed a holding midfielder.  

With regards Parslow at right-back, I would prefer Walker in all honesty (assuming Magnay switches across to left-back) as he brings more pace and attacking threat.  Magnay is naturally reluctant to go forward as much when he's on his wrong side, with Parslow on the right that leaves us with a real lack of attack from the full-backs.  
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 19, 2014, 12:32pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from BIGChris

I thought he was excellent at Wrexham. We were under pressure but his presence contributed hugely to the clean sheet and the 3 points in my view and they resorted to hoofing it in as they couldnt play through us.

I am not saying i'd play him in that role tonight but he has made a significant contribution to away wins earlier in the season

Yeah that's fair enough. I just think he's a bit of a square peg in a round hole playing there. I'm not totally opposed to him playing that position in tight away games against better opposition, but I feel Hurst has been too reliant on playing him there against weaker opponents (both home & away), when a more expansive and attacking set-up would probably have netted us a few extra points.
Posted by: chaos33, December 20, 2014, 8:54am; Reply: 24
Quoted from diehardmariner
I definitely disagree that any of our other midfielders are more than capable of Parslow in that holding role, simply because it's not their game.  

I'm sure a few will state Brown is a more accomplished holding midfielder but for me there is a massive difference between a deep lying midfielder like Brown and a holding midfielder.  If we play a holding midfielder I want him to screen the back four, with little focus on anything else.  Brown's game is about getting the ball deep, starting the passing and bridging the gap between defence and midfield.  

Disley and Clay would be wasted in a holding role, nor have I seen they have  the attributes to succeed it at.  They're box-to-box players in my eyes.

The role Parslow plays is something we will need to utilise at times for the remainder of the season but against any opposition I don't want to see it at home games, nor do I think Parslow has the technical abilities to play in a more traditional four man midfield.  For me he is there as defensive cover and when needed a holding midfielder.  

With regards Parslow at right-back, I would prefer Walker in all honesty (assuming Magnay switches across to left-back) as he brings more pace and attacking threat.  Magnay is naturally reluctant to go forward as much when he's on his wrong side, with Parslow on the right that leaves us with a real lack of attack from the full-backs.  

Yeah ok, I think you've put it much better than me. I agree.
Posted by: chaos33, December 20, 2014, 8:55am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Chrisblor

Yeah that's fair enough. I just think he's a bit of a square peg in a round hole playing there. I'm not totally opposed to him playing that position in tight away games against better opposition, but I feel Hurst has been too reliant on playing him there against weaker opponents (both home & away), when a more expansive and attacking set-up would probably have netted us a few extra points.

Yeah, that what I was getting at, clumsily.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 5:38pm