Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 17, 2014, 10:50am
As well as myself and my Son, my Grandson (Archie age 5 and a bit) will be there on Friday night to watch the Mighty Mariners play FGR. But we have a problem. This will be his 3rd game, the other two were against teams playing in red, so he has a dislike for teams playing in red against the 'Black & White stripes'. He expects to see us play the 'Reds' again! As it is unlikely FGR will play in red how do we explain to him that we do not like 'The Greens' as well?
Posted by: psgmariner, December 17, 2014, 10:52am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
As it is unlikely FGR will play in red how do we explain to him that we do not like 'The Greens' as well?

Show him Lee Hughes. Job done.

Posted by: diehardmariner, December 17, 2014, 10:53am; Reply: 2
Tell him the Commies come in all shapes, sizes and colours.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, December 17, 2014, 11:03am; Reply: 3
Quoted from diehardmariner
Tell him the Commies come in all shapes, sizes and colours.

abit like shopping in Marx and Spencer
Posted by: bluebottle, December 17, 2014, 11:46am; Reply: 4
I thought all kids hated their greens. (icon_mrgreen)
Posted by: acko338, December 17, 2014, 12:22pm; Reply: 5
Black and White is good - all other colour shirts at Blundell Park are bad - tell him no one else is allowed to wear our colours at our ground, but they make us change our colours when we play at their ground sometimes !
Posted by: moosey_club, December 17, 2014, 1:18pm; Reply: 6
Just tell him they are vegans and as such should be disliked
Posted by: ginnywings, December 17, 2014, 2:57pm; Reply: 7
Green is the most hated colour in this town because of fishing superstitions.

Reason enough.
Posted by: Teesknees, December 17, 2014, 5:13pm; Reply: 8
Tell him it is red....it's a shade of red he hasn't seen before..he's only 5 so he might believe you... and they are called Forest Green Reds... not Rovers... and if he keeps saying it's green tell him Santa won't come to his house!
Posted by: Grimal, December 17, 2014, 6:10pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from psgmariner

Show him Lee Hughes. Job done.

Would also definitely stop any child going near an open fire if you put his pic on the mantlepiece.

Posted by: rancido, December 17, 2014, 7:35pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from bluebottle
I thought all kids hated their greens. (icon_mrgreen)

I used to hate the after effects of my kids eating greens! ??)
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 17, 2014, 7:51pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
As well as myself and my Son, my Grandson (Archie age 5 and a bit) will be there on Friday night to watch the Mighty Mariners play FGR. But we have a problem. This will be his 3rd game, the other two were against teams playing in red, so he has a dislike for teams playing in red against the 'Black & White stripes'. He expects to see us play the 'Reds' again! As it is unlikely FGR will play in red how do we explain to him that we do not like 'The Greens' as well?

Tell him this woman owns FGR and she lays down in front of people and makes them smell her farts (thumbup1)

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2rg1cti.jpg[/IMG]
Posted by: rancido, December 17, 2014, 7:55pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Marinerz93

Tell him this woman owns FGR and she lays down in front of people and makes them smell her farts (thumbup1)

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2rg1cti.jpg[/IMG]

Many years ago there was a local band called FLU and the drummer had a logo showing crossed matchsticks on his bass drum. When I asked him if there name was a sick reference to influenza he said " No , it means Fart Lighters Union !"
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 18, 2014, 12:04am; Reply: 13
Tell him that regardless of the colour of their shirts, they are the opposition. We want to win. End of story.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 10:25am