Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mimma, December 13, 2014, 2:02pm
Apparently the police are not going to separate the two sets of fans for the NE derby. They are going to let them mix before & after the game, according to the Independent newspaper.

It comes from when Sunderland fans raised £20,000 in memory of the two Newcastle fans killed when that plane was shot down, & the fact that it's Christmas time as well. They think that this has eased tensions between the rival sets of fans.

Should be interesting.

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 13, 2014, 4:08pm; Reply: 1
Ridiculous if true
Posted by: northbankmariner, December 13, 2014, 4:32pm; Reply: 2
I think the vast majority of true supporters would welcome this. Yes I am well aware of rivalries and passions that run in football, it would only be idiots that would ruin this. I cannot see it happening however as it is a recipe for disaster and it would be too good an opportunity for a few to settle old scores. Madness.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 13, 2014, 5:30pm; Reply: 3
What does mixing before and after the game mean? In practice you always get that anyway as people head in all sorts of directions when the game has finished. If they mixed during the game then it would be worth noting.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 13, 2014, 5:42pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from GrimRob
What does mixing before and after the game mean? In practice you always get that anyway as people head in all sorts of directions when the game has finished. If they mixed during the game then it would be worth noting.

99% can mix before , during and after the game with no problems,

It's the other 1% we have to worry about,

Or 2% in our case. :o
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 13, 2014, 6:40pm; Reply: 5
Whilst raising that money was fantastic of Sunderland, I don't think the 'hooligans' will be friendly
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 13, 2014, 7:19pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Whilst raising that money was fantastic of Sunderland, I don't think the 'hooligans' will be friendly

Inside the ground your ok, but in my experience outside the ground trust nobody. I made the mistake of wearing a Town scarf outside the ground  ( Valley Parade ) after a game against Bradford City many years ago and got chased by Bradford hooligans, only saving myself by diving through my brother in laws car passenger side window ( open ) while he was driving off to escape.
Also had a lucky escape when targeted by Everton hooligans at a bus stop  in Liverpool after Towns game at Anfield.
After Town played Hull at Boothferry Park a Hull fan/thug ( pretending to be a Town fan )  came over to me outside the ground and asked me in a Hull accent who scored Towns goal, thinking quickly i raised my hands in the air as to not know and said nothing, he disappeared into the crowd looking for another victim.
You unfortunately will never get rid of this scum minority that have no place in football.

Posted by: Fcukthescunts, December 15, 2014, 12:25pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Inside the ground your ok, but in my experience outside the ground trust nobody. I made the mistake of wearing a Town scarf outside the ground  ( Valley Parade ) after a game against Bradford City many years ago and got chased by Bradford hooligans, only saving myself by diving through my brother in laws car passenger side window ( open ) while he was driving off to escape.
Also had a lucky escape when targeted by Everton hooligans at a bus stop  in Liverpool after Towns game at Anfield.
After Town played Hull at Boothferry Park a Hull fan/thug ( pretending to be a Town fan )  came over to me outside the ground and asked me in a Hull accent who scored Towns goal, thinking quickly i raised my hands in the air as to not know and said nothing, he disappeared into the crowd looking for another victim.
You unfortunately will never get rid of this scum minority that have no place in football.

You need to stop wearing Stone Island stuff to matches ;)
Posted by: pizzzza, December 15, 2014, 1:04pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

"Deeernt Nerrrrr" would have been the correct response.
Posted by: WappingMariner, December 15, 2014, 11:23pm; Reply: 9
The Town players are having their Christmas night out up there that day as well. All dressing in old Newcastle kits.
Posted by: Maringer, December 16, 2014, 8:28am; Reply: 10
Quoted from northbankmariner
I think the vast majority of true supporters would welcome this. Yes I am well aware of rivalries and passions that run in football, it would only be idiots that would ruin this.

Never met any Geordies or Mackems, then?  ;)
Posted by: Garth, December 16, 2014, 11:57am; Reply: 11
[quote=1133]Whilst raising that money was fantastic of Sunderland, I don't think the 'hooligans' will be friendly[/quote

It would not have been the hooligans who put their hands into their pockets, it would be nice but nieve to think it would be trouble free though
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 2:23pm