Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: mariner2000, December 7, 2014, 12:09am
Well everyone keeps saying IF we beat them twice etc.....
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 7, 2014, 1:28am; Reply: 1
Anything is possible, I'll rule it out once it is done.
Posted by: indianwells, December 7, 2014, 2:09am; Reply: 2
I voted yes, more in hope than expectation, however, if the players have the belief then yes, of course. Who thought we could go to Gateshead and do what we did?
Posted by: denni266, December 7, 2014, 8:26am; Reply: 3
not a hope in hell while hurst is in charge. 7 defensive players and all that on the pitch . . and to be fair, we dont have to beat them twice,, but we do have to beat most of the other teams , especially them at the bottom to have any chance. And also. we are not the only team challenging for the ladders out this league. and they will be thinking the same  ( if we )  do this and that
Posted by: WokingMariner, December 7, 2014, 9:27am; Reply: 4
We don't need to Barnet will drop plenty of points on their own they are not that good
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, December 7, 2014, 9:37am; Reply: 5
Quoted from WokingMariner
We don't need to Barnet will drop plenty of points on their own they are not that good

The league table doesn't agree. They might not be that good but at the moment they're better than the rest.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 7, 2014, 9:51am; Reply: 6
Im a town fan and believe we can beat anyone, long way to go
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 7, 2014, 10:11am; Reply: 7
I wouldnt be the slightest bit surprised if we beat them at there place and then they battered us at blundell park.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 7, 2014, 10:42am; Reply: 8
We might beat them 4-0, before drawing 0-0 with Peddleworth Albion 3 days later.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 7, 2014, 10:42am; Reply: 9
I voted no, as the way to beat them is attack, as their defense is weak but they score a lot of goals. Hurst wont attack.
Posted by: GyMariner, December 7, 2014, 11:04am; Reply: 10
We're only playing barnet who are a few places above us in the Vanarama conference premier ffs course we can beat them.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, December 7, 2014, 11:18am; Reply: 11
I voted no we do not play them till Jan at home, and Feb away.  Our post Christmas results are woeful, and even Fenty is saying "we do not need another striker as Lenny is doing the job"
Posted by: SamTheMariner, December 7, 2014, 11:48am; Reply: 12
Don't you think a solid defence against Barnet might give us an advantage. Sit deep, soak up pressure and nick a goal on the counter attack.
Posted by: JMT, December 7, 2014, 11:59am; Reply: 13
i reckon we will, we seem to beat the top teams and lose/draw to the bottom..
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 7, 2014, 1:08pm; Reply: 14
Yes we can beat them twice because we play better against the top teams,

I also think we can beat Macclesfield twice,

We can also beat Woking away and Bristol Rovers at home,

BUT

Not sure we can win at Dover or Welling though,

Daft but true.
Posted by: northbankmariner, December 7, 2014, 8:24pm; Reply: 15
I voted a solid no. I think they have too many goals in them, even if we catch them on a bad day once, catching them out twice just seems so unlikely to me . I can only see us taking 1 point from both games to be honest.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 7, 2014, 11:01pm; Reply: 16
Quite possible we could get 3,4 or 6 points out of Barnet.

Equally possible we could drop points to Dover Telford, Lincoln, Southport, Nuneaton and Welling.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, December 7, 2014, 11:34pm; Reply: 17
Quite possible we could get 3,4 or 6 points out of Barnet.

Equally possible we could drop points to Dover Telford, Lincoln, Southport, Nuneaton and Welling.

4 points would be good, i think  :)
Posted by: Maringer, December 8, 2014, 6:45am; Reply: 18
Quoted from northbankmariner
I voted a solid no. I think they have too many goals in them, even if we catch them on a bad day once, catching them out twice just seems so unlikely to me.

On the other hand, we've got the best defensive record in the division, this being despite the fact that we've been missing Thomas for much of the season and have had to chop and change the full-back positions on numerous occasions.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 8, 2014, 7:54am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Maringer

On the other hand, we've got the best defensive record in the division, this being despite the fact that we've been missing Thomas for much of the season and have had to chop and change the full-back positions on numerous occasions.

Doesn't count for much if you are not scoring at the other end regularly. Barnet don't need as strong a defence as us because they score more freely.

I know which i'd prefer but Hurst plays with too many defensive minded players for my liking.
Posted by: St. Pauli, December 8, 2014, 11:17am; Reply: 20
"Offense wins games, defense wins championships"....

It's a quote from the NFL, but so true also for most other sports, definetly football !!

I strongly believe a good defense is the key to success (No, I'm not PH ...)
Posted by: GorgeousGeorge, December 9, 2014, 3:49pm; Reply: 21
So all we need to do is rely on master tactician Hurst to produce a plan to beat Barnet twice, Macclesfield twice and Bristol Rivers once.  Not get mugged off by pub teams and beat the gimps.

Excuse me for not being filled with optimism.  Mind you, if we fall just short we'll obviously star in the playoffs........... just like last year eh?
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 9, 2014, 4:05pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from St. Pauli
"Offense wins games, defense wins championships"....

It's a quote from the NFL, but so true also for most other sports, definetly football !!

I strongly believe a good defense is the key to success (No, I'm not PH ...)

Doesn't apply to football. We've got a very solid defence, but we've drawn 8 games - mainly because we don't score enough goals when we need to.

Barnet have lost the same number of games as Town this season, but have scored 16 goals more which explains why they're so far ahead of us.
Posted by: rancido, December 9, 2014, 4:11pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Chrisblor

Doesn't apply to football. We've got a very solid defence, but we've drawn 8 games - mainly because we don't score enough goals when we need to.

Barnet have lost the same number of games as Town this season, but have scored 16 goals more which explains why they're so far ahead of us.

Wrong! They are so far ahead of us because we have drawn more games and therefore dropped more points. The goals scored by them would only make a difference if our games won, lost and drawn were the same.
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 9, 2014, 4:17pm; Reply: 24
Err what? Barnet's superior goalscoring record means they've been able to convert more of their draws into wins. If we scored 1 more goal in each of the 8 games we've drawn, we'd have 16 more points and be miles ahead of everyone else on 57 points. We've already got the best defensive record in the division which clearly suggests our 8 draws are down to lack of firepower rather than a leaky defence.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, December 10, 2014, 6:03pm; Reply: 25
I think we can get four points from the two games
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 10, 2014, 11:12pm; Reply: 26
Well we've been surprised by away wins at the err....mighty Wrexham and Kidderminster so anything is....err heck no. We couldn't even draw against Barnet at their place last season and they were there for the taking.
Posted by: Barrattstander, February 22, 2015, 10:31pm; Reply: 27
I just knew we would  ;D
Posted by: mariner2000, February 22, 2015, 10:35pm; Reply: 28
Shae we had stuffed it up in the other games so it almost became irrelevant!
Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 4:35am