Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: newfootballer, December 4, 2014, 1:54pm
To all Towns genuine Fans, I really hope that the year 2015 will be our turn to get back into the proper league.

By that I mean the official FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION LEAGUE. It has certainly been very difficult the past four years, but this season in my eyes I really think we have got the players at the club that can take us to the real football league status.

People might not think like I do regarding the status of Paul Hurst the manager who this season is making all the descisions on his own back, in one way he is beginning to learn a great deal of intelligance regarding the sole job of picking his first team every week.

Fans might say that he should listen to people around him. but at the end of the day it is solely in his hands to get Town out of this league,and the people I personally know in football really do think that he is a good assett to Grimsby Town.

It is coming upto Xmas and hopefully we will still be chasing the leaders or even be up in the top three positions.
I have always thought that if Town are going to have a chance of promotion they have got to be in the top three at Xmas time.
I really do think that we will be there.
"UP THE MARINERS" We can do it
New footballer
Posted by: Biccys, December 4, 2014, 1:58pm; Reply: 1
Has JF sacked Hursty yet? This thread has been up for 3 minutes now... ;) ;) ;) ;)
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 4, 2014, 2:42pm; Reply: 2
I agree Hurst is one of the best Managers in this league ......... do we deserve the Best though ???
Posted by: MarinerWY, December 4, 2014, 2:47pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from fleabag1970
I agree Hurst is one of the best Managers in this league ......... do we deserve the Best though ???

Depends: who is the best? Can we afford the best? Isn't the 'best' a bit subjective, Hurst is doing pretty well...

He's rated by many. I remember the Conference preview on BT, we were tipped to go up by 2 of the 3 pundits, including John Still, and they both rated Paul Hurst as a great manager.

I agree with the OP. We can do this, keep the faith!  :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 4, 2014, 3:39pm; Reply: 4
Hurst is still learning,

He will get better ( I hope )

If he can get the balance right between keeping a tight defence but also have the attack threatening  to score at will,

Then we will go up this season,

We have come close only to be disappointed so here's to a successful end to the season,

Fingers crossed.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 4, 2014, 3:56pm; Reply: 5
I just feel we need a proven striker then I would be a little more optimistic,I understand that  getting a proven striker will not be easy though.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 4, 2014, 4:18pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MarinerWY

Depends: who is the best? Can we afford the best? Isn't the 'best' a bit subjective, Hurst is doing pretty well...

He's rated by many. I remember the Conference preview on BT, we were tipped to go up by 2 of the 3 pundits, including John Still, and they both rated Paul Hurst as a great manager.

I agree with the OP. We can do this, keep the faith!  :)

I am sure he is rated by at least 10 of the teams below us......problem is that counts for fk all unless he delivers promotion. Call me greedy but i want automatic, top spot promotion....going up by the play offs is very welcome but anything other than that is failure.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 4, 2014, 4:26pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from moosey_club

I am sure he is rated by at least 10 of the teams below us......problem is that counts for fk all unless he delivers promotion. Call me greedy but i want automatic, top spot promotion....going up by the play offs is very welcome but anything other than that is failure.

Agree 100%
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 4, 2014, 4:39pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from moosey_club

You get my vote you greedy git  ;)
Posted by: RichMariner, December 4, 2014, 4:44pm; Reply: 9
I have my frustrations with Hurst like every other fan, but we really have to stick by him, because how can any one of us seriously say that someone else could do it better?

And I doubt my stance will change in the summer if we don't go up.

In Hurst we have a manager who, for now at least, knows how to assemble a squad of good players and get them to compete at the right end of the division. As long as Hurst remains in charge, we'll be pushing for promotion.

It's not a guarantee of automatic promotion, but it's the next best thing.
Posted by: easypeersy, December 4, 2014, 6:14pm; Reply: 10
Championship by 2020 is my prediction
14,000 seater stadium with plans to increase it to 18,000 with extra tier over the New Pontoon
Our new strikers signed from Juventus and Corrinthians respectively will break the record and score 60 goals each
Europe beckons having won the FA Cup on penalties against Chelsea
Scunthorpe are in Conference North
Terry Hall is knighted for services for away fans.
John Fenty is planning a huge street party to celebrate the last six years with free Beer and fish n' chips for all Trust members. Trust Membership is 30,0000.
Posted by: ackomariner, December 4, 2014, 6:22pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I just feel we need a proven striker then I would be a little more optimistic,I understand that  getting a proven striker will not be easy though.

Bang on the money for me
Posted by: moosey_club, December 4, 2014, 6:34pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from easypeersy
Championship by 2020 is my prediction
14,000 seater stadium with plans to increase it to 18,000 with extra tier over the New Pontoon
Our new strikers signed from Juventus and Corrinthians respectively will break the record and score 60 goals each
Europe beckons having won the FA Cup on penalties against Chelsea
Scunthorpe are in Conference North
Terry Hall is knighted for services for away fans.
John Fenty is planning a huge street party to celebrate the last six years with free Beer and fish n' chips for all Trust members. Trust Membership is 30,0000.

Christmas Sherry open??  
(wine)
Posted by: Garth, December 4, 2014, 7:50pm; Reply: 13
Paul Hurst wont get us promotion as is, a decent striker might
Posted by: 4055 (Guest), December 5, 2014, 3:10pm; Reply: 14
How can anybody seriously rate Paul Hurst as a great manager,( you have got to be related to him if you do) how would Alan Buckley score on this type of rating. At best Hurst is an average non league manager, Yes we do need a striker LJL is not the one, we can not build a side around him a expect to get success, we have a good squad just not used properly. :-/
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, December 5, 2014, 4:01pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Garth
Paul Hurst wont get us promotion as is, a decent striker might

And if PH signs that elusive player, coaches and plays him, and this striker fires us to promotion (along with other PH players), will PH get any credit?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 6, 2014, 1:57am; Reply: 16
Quoted from 4055
How can anybody seriously rate Paul Hurst as a great manager,( you have got to be related to him if you do) how would Alan Buckley score on this type of rating. At best Hurst is an average non league manager, Yes we do need a striker LJL is not the one, we can not build a side around him a expect to get success, we have a good squad just not used properly. :-/

I don't think he's a great manager, I think he's a good young manager in his first proper managerial job, he is consistently managing a top 5 budget team to a place in the top 5. I think he's doing a good job and still learning, I'd rather we stuck with him and developed him than went through a load more managers trying to get it right. He gets a lot of unfair stick IMO
Posted by: GyMariner, December 6, 2014, 10:22am; Reply: 17
It was so depressing listening to Mansfield towns manager on the news saying they're aiming to be in the championship in the next few seasons  :-/
Posted by: Rick12, December 6, 2014, 10:59am; Reply: 18
Quoted from grimsby pete
Hurst is still learning,

He will get better ( I hope )

If he can get the balance right between keeping a tight defence but also have the attack threatening  to score at will,

Then we will go up this season,

We have come close only to be disappointed so here's to a successful end to the season,

Fingers crossed.
Think what is good Pete is the positive vibes coming from some fans especially posts like this.Harmony will more likely breed success as Iam sure Hurst and the players come on here and read what the fans think

Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:04am