Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: puffin, December 4, 2014, 11:11am
Following the news that Dave Boylen  has now retired from working at Technica Ltd, perhaps he might consider a return to local politics.

He was an excellent councillor, and North East Lincolnshire Council should have made more of his past experience as a youth worker to guide their policies.

As a lad, he had a disadvantaged upbringing but he made a career for himself inside football and beyond.

Another plus is that he never misses the opportunity to bang the drum for Town even though his playing days are long over.

A top bloke!

Given the right breaks, he could even have played for Cloughie in Forest's golden era.

There is an article about him at:

[url]http://grimsbynews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/the-maestro-in-midfield-dave-boylen.html[/url]
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 4, 2014, 11:15am; Reply: 1
He could put for election against De Frietis ,

AND

Get all the locals onside about the new stadium,
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 4, 2014, 11:52am; Reply: 2
Quoted from grimsby pete
He could put for election against De Frietis ,

AND

Get all the locals onside about the new stadium,

Are they not both Liberals?

Posted by: grimsby pete, December 4, 2014, 3:56pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from arryarryarry

Are they not both Liberals?

Dave could stand for UKIP he would be bound to get elected then. ;D

Seriously Dave will find he is busier when he is retired than when he was at work,

The old saying of, " I don't know how I found time to go to work "   is true.
Posted by: barralad, December 4, 2014, 4:57pm; Reply: 4
As I recall he didn't have much success when his colleagues in the Lib Dems were playing "Let's grab a few votes" over the Great Coates proposals.
It would be good to see him stand as an Independent though with a remit for the new ground as the centrepoint of his "manifesto".
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 5, 2014, 6:26am; Reply: 5
Do you know what that might be a great idea stand him against  df with the policy of the ground will go ahead but I am here to talk to the club work with you to smooth any concerns you have and bring some positivity into the scheme
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 7, 2014, 3:12pm; Reply: 6
Not sure about who is which ward, but pointless Dave standing where the new ground is to be built, as it would be his job to represent his ward and I doubt more people want the ground than against, you simply need someone who can get more votes than DeFruity@ss from a different party. Is there no dirt to dig up on this guy, he sits on a lot of committees :-/
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 7, 2014, 8:42pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Not sure about who is which ward, but pointless Dave standing where the new ground is to be built, as it would be his job to represent his ward and I doubt more people want the ground than against, you simply need someone who can get more votes than DeFruity@ss from a different party. Is there no dirt to dig up on this guy, he sits on a lot of committees :-/

Be careful what you wish for. That sort of thing works both ways.

Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 6:23pm