Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, December 3, 2014, 9:29pm
Humberside reporting that Town will find out tomorrow if they are to be granted the lease on the land adjacent to Peakes Parkway for a 5 year term
Posted by: Meza, December 3, 2014, 9:59pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from BIGChris
Humberside reporting that Town will find out tomorrow if they are to be granted the lease on the land adjacent to Peakes Parkway for a 5 year term

And what does this mean Chris (apologies for being dumb) does this mean they have 5 years to come up with a proposal to present to the council?
Posted by: moosey_club, December 3, 2014, 10:09pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Meza

And what does this mean Chris (apologies for being dumb) does this mean they have 5 years to come up with a proposal to present to the council?

Yep. 5 yrs to attract partners and come up with a scheme. JF stated in his last radio interview that attracting anyone without a commitment on land will be impossible.

Should be a formality really, the council arent actually committing to planning permission, just leasing land out (income for them i guess) to enable a potential planning application to come in, without detailed proposals the council cant grant or decline any permissions anyway so should be rubber stamped.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 3, 2014, 10:11pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Meza

Hope this will help

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/TOWN-s-5-year-goal-net-new-stadium/story-24533016-detail/story.html
Posted by: Alfie, December 3, 2014, 10:15pm; Reply: 4
It's been agreed.
Posted by: pizzzza, December 4, 2014, 7:06am; Reply: 5
Build it on the docks.
Posted by: Meza, December 4, 2014, 7:54am; Reply: 6
Quoted from promotion plaice

Thanks for that.  I'm hoping JF has plenty of irons in the fire as 5 years seems too long lol
Posted by: moosey_club, December 4, 2014, 10:04am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Meza

Thanks for that.  I'm hoping JF has plenty of irons in the fire as 5 years seems too long lol

I would hope so too, if we have nothing in the offing then potentially searching for another 4/5 yrs, plus then developing & submitting planning, followed by NIMBY appeals to government, plus build time stretches the possibility of a new ground to almost 10yrs.

I would anticipate however that the "holes you can drive a bus through local plan" that is currently "in place" will assist with showing a need for retail and leisure development for that area, Humberston,New Waltham/Waltham and that end Cleethorpes are all in line for proposed large new housing developments which will need additional infrastructure to support.

Hopefully some rapid progress can now begin, time for the club to reveal a little of its hand me thinks..
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, December 4, 2014, 2:05pm; Reply: 8
ah six months for an independent study. No commitment to land lease. Takes us nicely to after the next local and general election.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/New-Grimsby-Town-stadium-moves-step-closer/story-25146672-detail/story.html
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 4, 2014, 3:43pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
ah six months for an independent study. No commitment to land lease. Takes us nicely to after the next local and general election.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/New-Grimsby-Town-stadium-moves-step-closer/story-25146672-detail/story.html

It will be interesting to hear John Fenty's view on this.
Posted by: barralad, December 4, 2014, 5:02pm; Reply: 10
One of the concerns I have as an individual fan is that currently the general idea of a plan is finding favour with the ruling party in North East Lincs.
Should the political complexion of the council change in May then it is possible that the whole idea will be put back into the melting pot and will not be far enough down the line to be ring fenced...
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 4, 2014, 5:11pm; Reply: 11

Clever move. If the study says OK then the council claims the credit, if the study says no-go, the council doesn't take the blame.

Posted by: promotion plaice, December 4, 2014, 5:32pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from pizzzza
Build it on the docks.

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/2vj8poi.jpg[/IMG]
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, December 4, 2014, 8:47pm; Reply: 13

Southwalk.

The council have done the club proud.

..6 months to submit an outline planning application (big task but we will relish doing that)

...within 18 month after receiving outline planning permission the club must submit a detail planning permission (this will rely on producing a viable scheme)

....If the club obtains a detail planning permission the land becomes available to the club/scheme on a basis already agreed

Well pleased with that.

Hope that makes it clear.
UTM

Posted by: Getyourfactsright, December 4, 2014, 8:49pm; Reply: 14

..6 months to submit an outline planning application (big task but we will relish doing that)

...within 18 month after receiving outline planning permission the club must submit a detail planning permission (this will rely on producing a viable scheme)

....If the club obtains a detail planning permission the land becomes available to the club/scheme on a basis already agreed

Well pleased with that.

UTM
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 4, 2014, 8:55pm; Reply: 15
Do we have any idea yet john, of what the design is going to be or what you hope what the design will be?

Only reason am asking, is the design for great Coates gets played over and over again when anyone even mutters new stadium
Posted by: bobbyturtle, December 4, 2014, 8:59pm; Reply: 16
really hope the new ground will be realised this time.
Posted by: gytone, December 4, 2014, 9:31pm; Reply: 17
Good luck with it all John :-)
Posted by: realist, December 4, 2014, 10:15pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Well pleased with that.

UTM

Yet another quote with virtually no information. What basis has been agreed to the publicly owned land?

I hope you are wrong. I reckon  it will be a six month smokescreen that will report that  the current site is unsuitable and not in need of redevelopment and then another dip in the financial climate will make it dead in the water.
You will not get approval for a site that splits public  opinion  so much - if you picked a site that had public support you would find approval would fly through. Oh I forgot, you dont have any money to do that do you?
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, December 4, 2014, 10:20pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Southwalk.

Well that's cool then. It just seemed like they'd  (the council) dodged a bullet. If Getyourfartsright is happy, Southwalk is happy
Posted by: oldun, December 4, 2014, 11:43pm; Reply: 20
It means that the club and its partners can now get on and produce a plan for development on the land and submit that through the due planning process. This is only right and proper and all interests are protected but at least a scheme can now be developed . If it fails at planning so be it but at least progress can be made. Good luck everyone.
Posted by: gaz57, December 5, 2014, 12:47am; Reply: 21
Never thought I would say this to a Tory but well done Mr Fenty and good luck for the future.UTM
Posted by: sonik, December 5, 2014, 12:57am; Reply: 22
Quoted from realist

Yet another quote with virtually no information. What basis has been agreed to the publicly owned land?

I hope you are wrong. I reckon  it will be a six month smokescreen that will report that  the current site is unsuitable and not in need of redevelopment and then another dip in the financial climate will make it dead in the water.
You will not get approval for a site that splits public  opinion  so much - if you picked a site that had public support you would find approval would fly through. Oh I forgot, you dont have any money to do that do you?

A great chance at the up and coming Fans Forum for folk like yourself to stand up and ask some burning questions.  It's open and honest. You might even have a good evening.

UTM!
Posted by: realist, December 5, 2014, 1:51am; Reply: 23
We shouldn't have to rely on a fans forum to have the answers.
It makes the whole deal look shady and secretive. If you are open and honest you will have a better chance in positively engaging a far larger percentage of the population. So far we have had the trust delivering dodgy leaflets and one sided reporting in the Telegraph. If you want public support this is the wrong way to go about it.
Posted by: sonik, December 5, 2014, 2:10am; Reply: 24
Quoted from realist
It makes the whole deal look shady and secretive. If you are open and honest you will have a better chance in positively engaging a far larger percentage of the population. So far we have had the trust delivering dodgy leaflets and one sided reporting in the Telegraph. If you want public support this is the wrong way to go about it.

This is a delicate situation and to be put across in a thoughtful and right manner for all concerned. The Fans Forum is just one opportunity for people to address some of those concerns face to face. Nothing shady or secretive in my eyes.

UTM!  
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, December 5, 2014, 3:09am; Reply: 25
Quoted from realist

Are you for real? The brief is what it has been for the past 20 years... A new home for our football club. The Club are moving high heaven and earth to make this happen, as I see it, there are a lot of concerns (Most of which are based on the myths of a local councillor) from the locals around the site. The Club to find find viable solutions to all the possible pitfalls before announcing anything. Announcing anything too soon would give the 'NIMBYS' something else to moan at for no reason what so ever. These things take time and have to be planned to the minute detail. Jeez man get grip, It's a squeaky bum time for every Town fan on and off the pitch so quit with the negativity... It aint needed.
Posted by: ackomariner, December 5, 2014, 4:54am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Are you for real? The brief is what it has been for the past 20 years... A new home for our football club. The Club are moving high heaven and earth to make this happen, as I see it, there are a lot of concerns (Most of which are based on the myths of a local councillor) from the locals around the site. The Club to find find viable solutions to all the possible pitfalls before announcing anything. Announcing anything too soon would give the 'NIMBYS' something else to moan at for no reason what so ever. These things take time and have to be planned to the minute detail. Jeez man get grip, It's a squeaky bum time for every Town fan on and off the pitch so quit with the negativity... It aint needed.

Good post
Posted by: mariner2000, December 5, 2014, 8:00am; Reply: 27
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Do we have any idea yet john, of what the design is going to be or what you hope what the design will be?

Only reason am asking, is the design for great Coates gets played over and over again when anyone even mutters new stadium

Fenty did confirm on a previous thread that money wouldn't be spent on creating a specific design until it was needed (I guess 18 months from the outline planning application is submitted)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 5, 2014, 8:23am; Reply: 28

If it gets turned down it won't be because of NIMBYs. Have you ever known The Great Leader of NELC take even a tiny bit of notice of the people?

If it gets turned down it will be because the financial backing isn't there and they cannot find a developer willing to risk developing the Parkway up to Low Farm.

Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, December 5, 2014, 10:34am; Reply: 29
Quoted from realist

I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick mate. This thread is on a 'fans forum', but the 'Fans Forum' mentioned in this instance is a meeting where anyone and everyone who wants to go, can: plus you get to hear the facts, ask questions and speak out for yourself.

Hope that makes sense.

Posted by: barralad, December 5, 2014, 11:12am; Reply: 30
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick mate. This thread is on a 'fans forum', but the 'Fans Forum' mentioned in this instance is a meeting where anyone and everyone who wants to go, can: plus you get to hear the facts, ask questions and speak out for yourself.

Hope that makes sense.

Brilliant reply...You must be a border collie!
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, December 5, 2014, 11:27am; Reply: 31
Quoted from barralad

Brilliant reply...You must be a border collie!

Yip!

I hate thick, unitelligent dogs, and lap dogs for that matter: and Poodles!
Posted by: moosey_club, December 5, 2014, 11:40am; Reply: 32
Quoted from realist

Welcome to the fishy  Mr De Freitas  :P
Posted by: mimma, December 5, 2014, 11:49am; Reply: 33
I've been trying to do my bit by engaging with my councillors about the new stadium.

What is interesting is that the full council have no say in the planning permission, it is down to a cabinet of councillors, chosen by the ruling party, chaired I think, by the leader, Chris Shaw.

Mr Shaw speaks of how it is needed & speaks of it in a positive manner in the Telegraph.

Personally, I don't like the cabinet system, since my elected councillors can't really influence their decisions, it is down to a favoured few.

That's democracy?
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 5, 2014, 12:32pm; Reply: 34
There is an old saying " The best things come to those that wait "

Well we have all been waiting a long time,

This stadium is going to be great !!!

Keep up the good work John,

BUT

Be as quick as you can mate, I am getting very old now.(wheelchair)
Posted by: realist, December 6, 2014, 3:10am; Reply: 35
Quoted from moosey_club

Welcome to the fishy  Mr De Freitas  :P

Jesus, I've been called some bad names, but that was below the belt. I want a new stadium as much as anyone, but not at any cost. I strongly feel that unless we engage everyone it will be a lost cause again.

Posted by: realist, December 6, 2014, 3:17am; Reply: 36

It wasn't negativity, just a plea for information that has been sadly lacking throughout the whole process.
What doesn't help is is slagging off anybody who has doubts over the process or location, labeling others as NIMBYS. you are just playing into the hands of those against it.
This is the time for open and reasoned debate where all sides of the argument are welcomed and respected whether you agree with them or not. It is not negativity but a differring point of view, something that never goes down well on the fishy.
Posted by: ackomariner, December 6, 2014, 10:53am; Reply: 37
Quoted from realist

It wasn't negativity, just a plea for information that has been sadly lacking throughout the whole process.
What doesn't help is is slagging off anybody who has doubts over the process or location, labeling others as NIMBYS. you are just playing into the hands of those against it.
This is the time for open and reasoned debate where all sides of the argument are welcomed and respected whether you agree with them or not. It is not negativity but a differring point of view, something that never goes down well on the fishy.

Get yourself down to the open fans forum mate at bp and fire all the questions you like at jf
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 6, 2014, 12:53pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from realist

You got an allotment or something?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, December 6, 2014, 2:01pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from realist

There is a time and a place for lively debate and it hasn't reached that stage yet. Simple as that really, unless I'm missing the point.
Posted by: barralad, December 7, 2014, 4:10pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from realist

Jesus, I've been called some bad names, but that was below the belt. I want a new stadium as much as anyone, but not at any cost. I strongly feel that unless we engage everyone it will be a lost cause again.

Interesting view. I cannot remember anything, anywhere getting everybody "on-side" as it were. We need to persuade the majority that it is a good idea. In a democracy that will do!
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 12:00pm