Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 3, 2014, 5:32pm
Both Nuneaton and ourselves have agreed that if our trophy game is level after 90 minutes, then extra-time and, if necessary, penalties will be taken.
Posted by: Tommy, December 3, 2014, 5:47pm; Reply: 1
Good. Pleased about that.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 3, 2014, 6:07pm; Reply: 2
Penalty experience may come in useful later in the season
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 3, 2014, 6:19pm; Reply: 3
Makes complete sense to me,I'd  rather it be settled on the night than get back logged with games, just don't know why all trophy games can't be settled on the night.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 3, 2014, 6:23pm; Reply: 4
Good on both teams, but the FA should make this happen anyway
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 3, 2014, 6:35pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Good on both teams, but the FA should make this happen anyway

Fair play if both agree but there will be a lot of smaller clubs who look on the competition as extra income and a chance of playing away to a "bigger" club in any replay they may earn.
Posted by: sutton mariner, December 3, 2014, 6:58pm; Reply: 6
Agreed. If the first few rounds of the JPT have to be settled on the night then surely FAT games should be too. Wise move GT and NT
Posted by: lukeo, December 4, 2014, 6:19pm; Reply: 7
well done to both clubs, I guess it's nice that the FA are actually letting clubs decide something for once
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, December 4, 2014, 10:28pm; Reply: 8
Very sensible agreement: they may well be involved in the relegation battle while we will be trying to leave the league in the other direction. An extra or needless game would do neither team any favours.
Posted by: Biccys, December 5, 2014, 11:21am; Reply: 9
We should just give them a walkover.

Discuss......!
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 5, 2014, 1:28pm; Reply: 10
I can see this going all the way,

1-1 after extra time,

One team wins 15-14 on pens.

Plus a reduced entrance price of £12 or £3 for kids,

Who would want to miss this. 8)
Posted by: lukeo, December 5, 2014, 2:06pm; Reply: 11
if we win great! Let's keep a positive attitude and keep the unbeaten run going. IF we lose, i'll be gutted because i never like to see my team win but then atleast we can concentrate on the league.. I wouldn't turn down a day out in london again though.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, December 5, 2014, 4:04pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from lukeo
if we win great! Let's keep a positive attitude and keep the unbeaten run going. IF we lose, i'll be gutted because [/b]i never like to see my team win [b]but then at  we can concentrate on the league.. I wouldn't turn down a day out in london again though.

We understand what you meant  :)
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 9:17am