Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Biccys, December 3, 2014, 10:51am
No, not Shaun. That there Nigel. Taking a leaf out of Rob Scott's book.

[url]http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/9590526/premier-league-nigel-pearson-tells-leicester-fans-to-back-the-team-or-stay-away[/url]

Stay classy Nige.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 3, 2014, 4:13pm; Reply: 1
That's him on the dole for Christmas then. :-/
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, December 3, 2014, 5:57pm; Reply: 2
As fans we all want our team to do well. We want to see the team win and play entertaining football.....

But i sometimes wonder what realistic expectations people have.

Leicester are bottom on the league. Sure there will be a number of fans who will be unhappy with that- well no-ones going to be ecstatic are they?

But again what did Leicester fans really think would happen.

Most promoted sides find it very tough to survive in the Premier League. Unless you have a big injection of funds you will find it very hard to compete financially with most of the teams already there.

Leicester have not spent big money (quite wisely imo) so survival was always to be the aim. Theyre not adrift , have had some good results, notably putting 5 past Manure. There is still a long way to go. So Pearson has a point, get behind the team. Theyre in the Premier League for the 1st time in several years..enjoy it. They were in League 1 just 5 years ago FFS. If they went down this year there would be a good chance they could back up again.

Leicester fans are not alone. I get fed up of Tigers fans moaning week after week on Radio Hullberside. You spent the first 100 years of more of your club's existence outside the top flight. Now you're there you just f******g complain.

Nowt as fickle as football fans.

Posted by: moosey_club, December 3, 2014, 9:52pm; Reply: 3
Yorkie tw@t...never liked him as a player or his persona....wish him all the failure going.
Posted by: RichMariner, December 4, 2014, 11:53am; Reply: 4
The fans' expectations rose when they beat Manu 5-3. I think even the pundits said they'd be ok after that, but they've nosedived massively.

Nigel Pearson is a weird man. I remember him being asked about whether he'd be returning to manage Leicester, while he was still at Hull (because there were strong rumours - and it turned out to be true) and he gave a bizarre response - the details of which I can't remember. I only recall him being really off with the journalist who asked, like it was the media's fault or something, and then the next day he was gone.

Call me judgmental, but he comes across as someone who thinks he's cleverer than everyone he comes into contact with.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 4, 2014, 12:13pm; Reply: 5
Pearson's level of dourness makes PH sound like Ian Holloway!
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 10:42am