Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, November 29, 2014, 9:53am
All the talk about Hurst on here, but have any of us spent time with him away from his work or  on the training ground ?  It is plainly obvious that he posseses a Very Dry sense of humour and constantly takes the pee out of JT in the interviews . He also seems to direct it at his detractors in the crowd too . Iam now looking at this in a positive light  . He seems to be very sure of himself with a very high self belief in what he wants and how to achieve it . I say if he gets this across to the players ( we are 2nd in the league) then who cares how he comes across when he is bored rigid answering the same old questions .   I may be totally wrong of course but i'm not sure iam ?
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 29, 2014, 10:34am; Reply: 1
I think you're giving him more credit than is due.  To me, he comes across as childish and petulant.  His little strops are cringeworthy.

However many a successful manager have displayed those traits.  He should and will be judged on team results not his PR skills.

I would prefer it if he just didn't speak to the press, then he can't be accused of anything.
Posted by: Tinymariner, November 29, 2014, 1:26pm; Reply: 2
Stubborn as a...... !
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 1:51pm