Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, November 26, 2014, 1:38pm
Loan window closes tomorrow night. I wouldn't be surprised to see  a couple of departures and maybe one or two coming in?

I cannot imagine Paddy, Biggie Bignot and Hannah are happy not playing much. Maybe another winger to put pressure on Mackreth?
Posted by: acko338, November 26, 2014, 2:04pm; Reply: 1
Hannah can still play a part in the rest of the season - looked lively last night for the short time he was on - still gets caught offside of course.

The other two are mere back up squad players now, I think, and could move out on loan?

Parslow and Magnay, if kept fit, are the two utility players who can fill gaps. Brown to regain full fitness and controlled midfield aggression.

Pleased to see better passing last night - all it takes is the ball two feet in front to run onto, instead of wild kicks nowhere near players who just have to chase and hope.

Three good points won, but we could so easily be only three behind but for Saturday's bad game.

Away games will stop home fan booing, and we will all be able to hear the brilliant away fans giving it large for the team on the radio coverage.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 26, 2014, 10:51pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from BIGChris
Loan window closes tomorrow night. I wouldn't be surprised to see  a couple of departures and maybe one or two coming in?

I cannot imagine Paddy, Biggie Bignot and Hannah are happy not playing much. Maybe another winger to put pressure on Mackreth?

No rush, fully fit squad plus loanee and new striker in place and window opens again in January.
Posted by: Meza, December 5, 2014, 8:10pm; Reply: 3
Was listening to RH and apparently Paddy nearly went out on loan.  U can definitely see him leave in January its a shame really as i like Paddy but never really had a proper run in the team for some reason maybe those that have seen him play more games than myself can give a better opinion.  It would interesting to see how he's faired when starting games, coming off the bench and the times we've scored in a match to see if Paddy was part of that.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 5, 2014, 8:42pm; Reply: 4
The balance we had in the centre mid when Paddy was in there was superb. The best we have played this season was when we had the  midfield of Paddy, Clay and Brown with Neilson playing in the free role and Lenny and Pitman upfront. I like Paddy and don't think he has been given a fair crack of the whip.
Posted by: MrsMariner, December 5, 2014, 9:03pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from 1739
The balance we had in the centre mid when Paddy was in there was superb. The best we have played this season was when we had the  midfield of Paddy, Clay and Brown with Neilson playing in the free role and Lenny and Pitman upfront. I like Paddy and don't think he has been given a fair crack of the whip.

I agree with you on that one, why do you think Hurst hasn't tried that line-up more recently when we did so well using it earlier in the season? doesn't make any sense
Posted by: denni266, December 5, 2014, 9:14pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MrsMariner

I agree with you on that one, why do you think Hurst hasn't tried that line-up more recently when we did so well using it earlier in the season? doesn't make any sense

prob because he does not help put with the defence enough,,  hurst would play 10 defenders if he could get away with it ,, how many times does LJL clear corners with headers helping out at the back. 2/3 times in a game
Posted by: Abdul19, December 5, 2014, 9:25pm; Reply: 7
Drogba was (or is again I suppose) one of the best in the Prem at clearing corners.
Posted by: chaos33, December 5, 2014, 10:26pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 1739

This, entirely. Can anyone understand why Hurst abandoned the shape and approach of the Gateshead and Alfreton wins?!

I'll be careful what I say, but It's a shame for him and us that Hurst hasn't been fair to him - such a waste of a good player, and a shame for him that the loan move fell through.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 6, 2014, 8:36am; Reply: 9
Quoted from chaos33

This, entirely. Can anyone understand why Hurst abandoned the shape and approach of the Gateshead and Alfreton wins?!

I'll be careful what I say, but It's a shame for him and us that Hurst hasn't been fair to him - such a waste of a good player, and a shame for him that the loan move fell through.

I wish I could've seen what a good player McLaughlin is coz in the twenty odd games I've seen him play he's either been anonymous or has weakened the midfield
Posted by: chaos33, December 6, 2014, 8:56am; Reply: 10
What do you mean by 'weaken'?

I know everyone's entitled to their view but I just don't think there's evidence for your statement. At least, if what you say is true, you'd expect most people to agree with you, when in fact there doesn't seem to be too much support for that opinion. How many times has he played centre midfield, and what were the results like?

Hurst saying it was the 'form' of the other midfielders keeping McLaughlin out of the team,  is plainly a fob off - he brought in an inconsistent loan player (Pell), Brown's form has dipped since the start of the season and since his injury, Disley's performances have been up and down, Clay looks half the player that he did in the first 10 games. Everyone's had opportunities and patience over their performances, except Paddy. Still, Hurst obviously agrees with you, so I'm probably wrong.
Posted by: davmariner, December 6, 2014, 10:10am; Reply: 11
Not quite sure what problem Hurst has with Paddy but clearly there must be one. Never had a proper run out in his best postition and to his credit in when he's come in at LB and at LM he's always done his best and done a good job.

We know he's a player that scores goals too and unfortunately I agree that he's been wasted here for two years.
Posted by: Mariners_15, December 6, 2014, 11:04am; Reply: 12
Quoted from chaos33
What do you mean by 'weaken'?

I know everyone's entitled to their view but I just don't think there's evidence for your statement. At least, if what you say is true, you'd expect most people to agree with you, when in fact there doesn't seem to be too much support for that opinion. How many times has he played centre midfield, and what were the results like?

Hurst saying it was the 'form' of the other midfielders keeping McLaughlin out of the team,  is plainly a fob off - he brought in an inconsistent loan player (Pell), Brown's form has dipped since the start of the season and since his injury, Disley's performances have been up and down, Clay looks half the player that he did in the first 10 games. Everyone's had opportunities and patience over their performances, except Paddy. Still, Hurst obviously agrees with you, so I'm probably wrong.

Agree with you here Chaos and also davmariners last post. I've been saying it for months that Paddy hasn't had a fair chance since he's been here and stand by that. Feel sorry for him at the minute and the way he's been frozen out. Not very nice to see as we could potentially have a real player on our hands.
Posted by: ackomariner, December 6, 2014, 12:13pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mariners_15

Agree with you here Chaos and also davmariners last post. I've been saying it for months that Paddy hasn't had a fair chance since he's been here and stand by that. Feel sorry for him at the minute and the way he's been frozen out. Not very nice to see as we could potentially have a real player on our hands.

Agree with this
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 6, 2014, 12:28pm; Reply: 14
I am hoping we do not need anybody in during the loan window,

It will mean Hamish is banging the goals in for us,

BECAUSE

If he doesn't , I can not see us getting that striker we have been looking for all season
Posted by: Meza, December 6, 2014, 2:20pm; Reply: 15
Will Hamish get a chance as in a start and not just of the bench for the remaining 5 mins lol.  Personally he would be next in line after Hannah as he has had plenty of chances.  PH mentions Vlay has been in the side because of form which i dont think is exactly true.  He got injured ghe PH brought Pell in and also used Parslow in the centre so Clay hasn't really had the opportunity.  Paddy is the forgotten man but i hope he proves PH wrong if he gets a chance but i don't think it matters he is just a backup player to PH.

My team

McKeown

Magnay       Toto      Pearson       Thomas

Brown

Disley           Clay

Mackreth                                        Arnold

LJL

Subs
Neilson
Watson
Parslow
Hannah
McLaughlin
Posted by: forza ivano, December 6, 2014, 2:38pm; Reply: 16
Still have to say that I don't think McLaughlin brings anything to the party.hes the 2014 equivalent of Danny Boshell. He's what might be described as a luxury player, if he were that good. Would prob stand out in a div or two lower where he gets more time, but just like Boshell we just don't need players that can get swept away and aren't given time and space to show their skills. A pretty boy player in a rough tough mans league, unfortunately.
Posted by: DocTower, December 6, 2014, 3:35pm; Reply: 17
Whatever Hurst does or doesn't do will upset people . Managers have let players go for our club who most of us feel still had a great deal to offer . Internal issues and clashes of personality , managers favorite players who can do no wrong . Could be some controversial decisions being made  .
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, December 7, 2014, 9:58am; Reply: 18

As this has become a thread about Paddy, which is fair enough as he apparently nearly went out on loan, thought I'd add a couple of points;

At the start of the season Paddy was good insurance for back up midfield and back up left back for form, injuries etc...
So if Aswad got injured, Magnay didn't work out, injuries in general, Disley slowed up, Brown or Clay didn't work out, and so on, Paddy would get a chance.
The final massive development from his perspective has to be the arrival of Parslow.  Basically, Hurst has two utility players in Parslow and Magnay who he trusts in defence (centre, and full back) and in defensive midfield. So unfortunately for Paddy, his opportunities are now limited. I'm surprised he didn't go out on loan, but suppose it depends who wanted him and whether he was going to play.  Let's hope that he forces his way back in somehow?

The other point is, its only recently he's dropped out the first 16; he has featured in most games, so it could easily change - again injuries, suspensions and whether Parslow stays, for example.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 8:38am